reallovesexdolls.com

Thinking of Buying, but I have some questions.

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
citrusbluetea

Thinking of Buying, but I have some questions.

Post by citrusbluetea »

Hello everyone, I just made an account recently.

So, I want a sex doll, and after looking around, I think RLSD would be the best option for me. Just waiting on one of their sales, although there are still some things I'm unsure about.

1) I heard there was some kind of "upgraded shipping" to avoid issues with customs, but I haven't been able to find any information on it. How much does it cost? How much longer is the wait than standard shipping?

2) I've also heard that some vendors offer a discount if you have a forum account. Is that true with RLSD, and if so, how much is the discount?

3) Can you request semi-permanent makeup on a doll that isn't one of the preset options?

4) I'm fairly sure I know which doll I want, but what would you recommend? By "you" I mean someone who has bought multiple and has a favorite.

If you have an answer to any one of these, I would appreciate it. No single person needs to answer them all.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Thinking of Buying, but I have some questions.

Post by JunkGuy »

Run questions 1-3 by them in their chat app in the lower right corner on the home page. I'm sure they can clarify for you. Email them if you can't be online during business hours for chat. I chatted with them and it took five minutes for the nice lady to answer all my questions before I purchased.

I only have one doll so I can't answer #4. But if you know which one you want, you should settle on that and not be swayed. Only if you've narrowed it to a few choices and can't choose would I advise anyone to seek external advice; or you have the basic type in mind and want to compare to similar sized models (generally newer models = better sculpt)

symmes

Post by symmes »

citrusbluetea wrote:4) I'm fairly sure I know which doll I want, but what would you recommend? By "you" I mean someone who has bought multiple and has a favorite.
JunkGuy wrote:I only have one doll so I can't answer #4. But if you know which one you want, you should settle on that and not be swayed. Only if you've narrowed it to a few choices and can't choose would I advise anyone to seek external advice; or you have the basic type in mind and want to compare to similar sized models (generally newer models = better sculpt)
AFAIK, RLSD deals exclusively in dolls from the Jinsan factory -- mainly WM, OR, and YL models. Thus, they've all got (AFAIK) the same internal skeleton (scaled appropriately for the doll, of course), the same TPE blend, and so on. Thus, they won't vary much in quality of construction, range of movements, durability of skin, etc. They do vary in objective measures that are specified on the RLSD website, such as height and weight. (But be aware that manufacturer weight claims should be taken with a grain of salt. See this thread for weight measurements taken by forum members. Go to the final page for the latest summary table.) Weight is, of course, an important issue, and it's not uncommon for newbies to underestimate the importance of this factor. A doll that weighs, say, 70 pounds can be more difficult and awkward to move around than a 70-pound box of books or something, so keep this in mind. Nonetheless, how much weight you can handle is very much a matter for you to decide.

Thus, the decision of which doll to get is based on a combination of purely subjective issues (what you find attractive) and issues that others can't evaluate for you (how much you can lift, how big a doll you can store). RLSD has pretty good photo sets for most of its models, so you can judge the subjective issues yourself. One point I will note, though, is that many dolls, including most Jinsan models, have very skinny arms and legs with little "muscle" definition. It's easy to overlook this initially because you're focused on other attributes; but it can detract a bit from the realism, so you may want to force your eyes to the arms and legs as part of your evaluation. Note, though, that more realistic arms and legs will raise the weight of the doll, so there's a tradeoff involved there.

Now, if you wanted to broaden your range of dolls, more could be said about, say, the merits of TPE vs. silicone, or the quality of Brand X vs. Brand Y skeletons.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

To clarify, I meant comparing similar sized Jinsan models, rather than with models from another factory RLSD from which doesn't source. For example, there's several models out there with same cup size but a few cm difference, or nearly same height but only one cup size difference. A lot of times one is a WM and the other YL or OR. One of them may be a few years old while the other is much newer sculpt. Etc.

jonn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jonn »

I have 3 dolls of different sizes and types: A 140cm WM, a 167cm DS (made of Silicone), and a 108cm Hitdoll TPE (similar to other TPE brands). From these three, I have learned some things. I prefer the realism of large size over the convenience of small size. I prefer TPE over silicone because TPE is softer. TPE feels better to me. It is also often cheaper than silicone, which is always a plus for new buyers.

The 108cm doll was my experiment with a fixed/built-in vagina, to see if I liked it better than my older dolls' inserts. It turns out I do like it better built-in, but it is way too difficult to clean to my satisfaction so I still prefer to use insert models! Laziness always wins out. I mean, if my choice was between an amazing sex doll with a built-in vagina I would have to clean after, and just using my hand, my hand would win most days.

If I was to start over, sell all my dolls and buy one new, I would aim for a 160cm or larger TPE doll with an insert vagina. I hope this helps you in some way, even though these aspects are all based on my personal opinion.

INFORMATIONS