reallovesexdolls.com

Newbie needs feedback on TPE doll care

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
lonewolf75495

Newbie needs feedback on TPE doll care

Post by lonewolf75495 »

I just received my first doll Trixie, from Real Love Sex Dolls, which is a 65cm doll, she'll be my model for learning to sculpt the female figure. I'm going to sculpt my figure in a pose similar to the one that is used for the creation of the Sex, Love Doll. All I'll have to do is to remove her head and cast it separately. This is way easier than the way I'm used to doing it.

I'm used to sculpting, and casting in the styles of Mark Alfrey, and John Brown. They use a wire armature and/or a telescoping armature for their sculptures, pose them, then add the clay until the desired results are obtained. You then cut off what is necessary, such as the head, arms, legs, weapons, etc, and cast them separately. You then mix and pour the resin material into the mold, remove the item from the mold, glue them together, fix any imperfections, paint, etc, etc. The final product can't be posed.

Sorry for the long beginning, I just wanted to be thorough in what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have read many threads on how to maintain the TPE doll so as to get the longest lifespan possible.
I do not intend ever posing "Trixie" unless it's absolutely necessary so I can correct my clay sculpture.
But, I do know I'll still have to do the necessary maintenance to keep her in tip top condition.

I've read many postings from "Indigo 20", which I understand is one of, if not the top knowledgeable chemist on the care of TPE dolls.

I have these products for her care:

* 100% Pure Vaseline, no other ingredients are listed. It is the "white", I couldn't find the
"yellow".
* Johnson's Baby Oil, mineral oil. It's the pink cap, for baby massage, no fragrance.
* Nivea Cream by Coles, preservative free
* Pure Corn Starch, the kind you use for thickening soups.

I'm having trouble finding a mild soap that I feel comfortable using on her. Everything I find has a fragrance in it, and/or aloe. Since this is my first post, I can't upload any pictures yet. I'll do my best to explain the detergent that I do have, and wait for you to respond whether this will be safe to use on my TPE doll. I do appreciate your time in helping me find a proper cleaning solution.

Here is what I have: This is a clothing detergent for sensitive skin.

"All" is the brand name: with stain lifters, Free of perfumes, Clear of dyes

Ingredient Disclosure

Ingredients Function

Ethoxylated Lauryl Alcohol Surfactant
Sodium Laureth Sulfate Surfactant
Sodium Carbonate Builder
Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate Chelating Agent
Acrylic Polymer Dispersant
Stilbene disulfonic acid triazine derivative Brightening Agent

I was going to use baby wipes for cleaning, but couldn't find any without aloe. If aloe doesn't do any harm to TPE, then I'll use wipes.

Also, should I use a detergent or baby wipe that has antibacterials in them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I await your help.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Newbie needs feedback on TPE doll care

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Have a read of this 4 pager...

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... it=clarity

As you will see there are opposing opinions, but recommend you read my inputs to the holistic maintenace approach routine for TPE dolls.

Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

lonewolf75495

Post by lonewolf75495 »

Thank You Anung for your response. I'm heading over there now to read what you've suggested.

Thanks much

lonewolf

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Also be sure not to miss this thread:

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=63812
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

lonewolf75495

Post by lonewolf75495 »

Thank You DollAfficionado.

I'm on my way there now.

lonewolf75495

Post by lonewolf75495 »

Thank You Anung, loads of information there. I read through three times and I am more confused than before.

It wonder whether there will ever be a consensus on the upkeep of TPE dolls.

At the moment I've only purchased one TPE doll, she is 65cm, and she is for displaying purposes only, so she'll not be handled much except for her care.

I'm going to get a full sized doll sometime in the near future and I surely need to be ready for her proper care.
I've read that when starting out, someone may be purchasing a doll "just for sex", but after a little time they get emotionally attached to their doll as they would a real person. It would "hurt" me if I caused her harm because I wasn't properly prepared for what she needs to stay healthy.

Since I've always been alone, I'm sure I would get emotionally involved, especially with a doll that's so lifelike and life sized. I can't even walk past my 65cm doll without a feeling that she's gone to move at any moment.

Sorry for explaining things that you probably didn't want to hear. Because of my "OCD" I just go full out and want to be "perfect" in the things I do, so I'll continue reading and learning.

lonewolf

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

For TPE dolls that I am actively using, I shower with them about once monthly using a bag over the head and neck secured with a rubber band. Basically, it looks like I'm trying to suffocate the doll, but I don't want to risk getting water into the internal parts of the doll. The head and neck area, I then wash manually by hand. I then lay the dolls down on a blanket in the middle of the living room floor, turn on the ceiling fan, and wait until they are thoroughly dry flipping them over at some point so the other side dries. Once dry, they get a very liberal powdering with corn-starch based baby powder. It is a fair bit of maintenance once per month, but it makes the dolls feel very nice like new and helps protect the TPE material.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

INFORMATIONS