reallovesexdolls.com

Standing Foot Option Vs. Shower

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Falcohol

Standing Foot Option Vs. Shower

Post by Falcohol »

Greetings, fellow TDFers

Newbie user here. I've been doing my homework by doing a lot of reading and research (lurking) here over the past few days. THANK YOU to all my senpais and senseis here at TDF for sharing your knowledge! I have always been intrigued by the idea of owning a doll ever since discovering Realdoll as a high-schooler. As with many who are interested, the price and challenges of ownership prevented it from being anything more than a wet PIPE dream. After saving money and researching to overcome those challenges, I'm finally ready! "Cheaper" often means lower quality and lifespan, but from what I've read so far on current TPE tech, I feel that it may actually more economic than silicone in most cases...and feels nicer.

Anyway, I have not placed my order yet, but am really interested in the WM140A. I was pushed over the edge on this one thanks to dolllover84's Brianna. (HOLY CRAP! look her up!). Also as a first-time doll owner, I've read many pieces of advice to start small. I will be customizing her with the head #51 and some wigs I fell in love with. I've been impressed by the helpfulness of the staff at RLSD, and have been keeping an eye on them since 2015. With their attitude and a bonus of being US-based, I've decided I will be ordering thru them.

So to finally address the thread title, I'm interested in the idea of a free-standing doll, but know that it exposes the inner skeleton to water/debris intrusions at the bottoms of the feet. It seems regular showering/bathing is a must with dolls, and I've seen recommendations to place plastic bags over the heads and feet of dolls, secured with rubber bands, to prevent water intrusion. My issue here is that it seems the feet and neck areas would never be washed, unless you sponge-bathe them afterwards. Also, wouldn't water running down her legs seep past the rubber-band's grip, via wrinkles in the bag, and into the feet anyway? One idea I had was maybe to seal the bolt areas on the bottoms of the feet with Vaseline to help waterproof them, either in addition to, or possibly, -instead of- the plastic bags. Any thoughts? It would be so enjoyable to actually shower with my new girl standing there with me, with no bags on her head or feet, but that seems impossible, as the head's eye sockets and neck area are too vulnerable.

Of course, my number one priority would be to prevent moisture intrusion, AT ALL COSTS. I hear that moisture intrusion could spell the end of the doll's lifespan due to mold. Wouldn't even sponge bathing pose some intrusion hazard at the bottoms of the feet? You know, if in the end, the standing-foot option is just too much of a risk, I would rather do without it, than to let it jeopardize my doll. Standing would just be a "bonus" for me, not really a make-or-break desire on my list.

Finally, assuming top-notch, proper care, what kind of lifespan can I expect from a TPE doll? I've seen a member here showing a silicon doll who is still ok after TEN years! How long has anyone here gotten a good TPE doll to last? I think it would hurt my heart badly to have to dispose of her some day, like losing a loved one.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Standing Foot Option Vs. Shower

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

TPE dolls should not be thought of as "sponges". They do not just readily absorb any available liquids. Normally showers or washcloth wipe downs will not get them to the point of water intrusion and mold concerns. However, Bathtub submersion is NOT recommended. A shower, towel drying and then a mineral oil rub down, with a good powdering (once dry with a cornstarch based baby powder) is the recommended maintenance routine.

Doll lifespan is completely based on the amount of TLC, use or abuse your synthetic companion is exposed to. She will be completely dependent on your every move. TPE dolls are still relatively newcomers, but we have had members maintain their TPE gurls for several years. Accidents happen and mechanical aspects will eventually fail. There is no set timeline. Your mileage may vary based on doll, manufacturer, and mainly you. You will need equal doses of imagination, creativity and mechanical skills for a successful long term relationship.

It is not wholly recommended to let any doll just "free stand" on their own. This is because the feet are not designed to hold their own weight like a real human foot is. Dolls have a small plate and ankle joint. The rest is just covered into the TPE material which while very soft, it is also fragile and easily damaged. Socks and shoes may help reinforce the area but usually just hides the damage until she is undressed. Knees, hands, and elbow all share the similar trait of being easily damaged when supporting doll positions incorrectly.

Most TPE dolls have an option called "standing foot". It adds 3 screws that extend from the foot plate through the sole of the feet. The screws are easily noticeable and are supposed act as hardpoint reinforcement so that standing weight doesn't Squish, cut or otherwise damage the delicate skin. However since the screws protrude from the skin, these areas are prone to severe localized skin tears.

In short never rely on your doll standing and supporting their own weight. Always use some kind of support to distribute weight and stabilize. Alternatively use a specialized doll/mannequin fixture or stand. I know it can take away from the fantasy you may have but it is the reality of the dolls currently (TPE or silicone). If you have the slightest foot fetish; by-pass standing foot option.

See this thread for more info and pictures:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ad4e5ae042

I do not mean to dissuade or scare you off, TPE and silicone dolls both have pros and cons and can be deeply satisfying or frustrating. Your first doll will have a steep learning curve. However I do want new potential owners to understand the conceptual realities they will face.
:glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

I've posted about a more literal showdown between standing feet and a shower. The bolts can scratch your porcelain.
ZZZZ wrote: Subject: Be cool about shower safety

The first time I showered with her her, the bolts in her feet scratched right through the plastic bags she was wearing. Then the bolts scratched the heck out of my tub. Here's what I did the second time:

BTW, I recommend Velcro ties over rubber bands. Be sure to get longer ties than you think you need.

Falcohol

Post by Falcohol »

Sinsual, thanks for the info and the pictures. WOW, I definitely don't want her feet to end up like those damage photos. I guess even with the option, damage is still done over time, and seems inevitable, even with the best care. If that's the case, I'll pass on it. Not a big deal.

ZZZZ, I'm surprised you didn't get any water intrusion, even thru the most meticulous velcro wrapping. I would think it would be impossible to keep the water that will be running down her legs, from getting into the tiny imperfections in the contact between the bag and her ankle...just due to gravity.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Falcohol wrote: ZZZZ, I'm surprised you didn't get any water intrusion, even thru the most meticulous velcro wrapping. I would think it would be impossible to keep the water that will be running down her legs, from getting into the tiny imperfections in the contact between the bag and her ankle...just due to gravity.
The TPE is soft, so the imperfections in contact are tinier than you're thinking. I fold the top of the bag down over the Velcro, so the water runs off instead of being held against her leg. If you were building a submarine hull that had to withstand complete immersion, at high pressure, for long periods of time, I wouldn't suggest plastic bags and Velcro ties. Keeping doll feet from getting wet in the shower is much less demanding.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

I personally don't recommend using the shower. A wet microfiber washcloth is much safer and you can get the feet, neck area, etc just fine that way. I sit her on the edge of my tub and wipe her down. TPE doesn't get so dirty that you need constant running water to clean them.

From what I've seen, most people wanting to do the shower, whether water running or just sitting in there to be wiped with a cloth, use a small chair. You do have to be careful about damage or tile or porcelain, and to fiberglass as well if the chair focuses too much weight into too small of a surface area for its feet (the more surface area, the better.) To me, having a doll standing in a shower is too many risks piled on top of each other to be a good idea.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Hmm. Maybe next time I wash my doll I won't use the shower, and I'll find a way to keep her horizontal. I wanna use gravity:

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

I can totally understand anyone being sceptical of showering the doll formcleaning purposes. But in my experience I've not had any trouble showering the dolls, standing in the tub. Been doing it ever since the standing foot option was introduced. Mind you, I use the shower only to rinse the doll with cold water.
Stand her up with good shoes (I have never had a doll stand barefoot or only with socks, it is like begging for trouble IMO), and cover the neck (or keep head on). I also jam tampons up her openings.
When done I pat the doll dry and store it horizontally to air dry, making sure the feet and screws are nicely ventilated. No problem so far, oldest doll is 2+ years old.

AddictedToSexDolls

Post by AddictedToSexDolls »

Falcohol wrote:Greetings, fellow TDFers

Newbie user here. I've been doing my homework by doing a lot of reading and research (lurking) here over the past few days. THANK YOU to all my senpais and senseis here at TDF for sharing your knowledge! I have always been intrigued by the idea of owning a doll ever since discovering Realdoll as a high-schooler. As with many who are interested, the price and challenges of ownership prevented it from being anything more than a wet PIPE dream. After saving money and researching to overcome those challenges, I'm finally ready! "Cheaper" often means lower quality and lifespan, but from what I've read so far on current TPE tech, I feel that it may actually more economic than silicone in most cases...and feels nicer.

Anyway, I have not placed my order yet, but am really interested in the WM140A. I was pushed over the edge on this one thanks to dolllover84's Brianna. (HOLY CRAP! look her up!). Also as a first-time doll owner, I've read many pieces of advice to start small. I will be customizing her with the head #51 and some wigs I fell in love with. I've been impressed by the helpfulness of the staff at RLSD, and have been keeping an eye on them since 2015. With their attitude and a bonus of being US-based, I've decided I will be ordering thru them.

So to finally address the thread title, I'm interested in the idea of a free-standing doll, but know that it exposes the inner skeleton to water/debris intrusions at the bottoms of the feet. It seems regular showering/bathing is a must with dolls, and I've seen recommendations to place plastic bags over the heads and feet of dolls, secured with rubber bands, to prevent water intrusion. My issue here is that it seems the feet and neck areas would never be washed, unless you sponge-bathe them afterwards. Also, wouldn't water running down her legs seep past the rubber-band's grip, via wrinkles in the bag, and into the feet anyway? One idea I had was maybe to seal the bolt areas on the bottoms of the feet with Vaseline to help waterproof them, either in addition to, or possibly, -instead of- the plastic bags. Any thoughts? It would be so enjoyable to actually shower with my new girl standing there with me, with no bags on her head or feet, but that seems impossible, as the head's eye sockets and neck area are too vulnerable.

Of course, my number one priority would be to prevent moisture intrusion, AT ALL COSTS. I hear that moisture intrusion could spell the end of the doll's lifespan due to mold. Wouldn't even sponge bathing pose some intrusion hazard at the bottoms of the feet? You know, if in the end, the standing-foot option is just too much of a risk, I would rather do without it, than to let it jeopardize my doll. Standing would just be a "bonus" for me, not really a make-or-break desire on my list.

Finally, assuming top-notch, proper care, what kind of lifespan can I expect from a TPE doll? I've seen a member here showing a silicon doll who is still ok after TEN years! How long has anyone here gotten a good TPE doll to last? I think it would hurt my heart badly to have to dispose of her some day, like losing a loved one.
If I get the standing option for a 6YE 166 cm A cup doll I plan on purchasing.. can I keep her in the standing position at all times, instead of storing her in the box in he laying position ?

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

There are people on the forum who store dolls standing up all the time, so yes. However, you need something soft (memory foam, etc.) between doll and whatever she leans against to prevent against any pressure deformations. (Storing by hanging would not need this)

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Buy a small $5 wading pool (like you'd find at Toys R Us) and a little bucket.
Lean her against the wall, like she's being frisked, with a towel between her hands and the wall.
Give her a sponge bath from behind then turn her around so she leans back against the towel/wall.

The towel will keep the walls clean from smudges and water, as long as you don't go overboard with the cleaning the water stays in the pool, and you're completely safe from water getting places it shouldn't go. As an added bonus you can very easily clean her out with the bulb right into the pool while you're at it. Once the cleaning is done either dump the pool outside, or into the tub depending what's easier.

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

I've actually been thinking this over for a few days. Would it be practical if you got the Closet Bar Suspension Kit, to put up a second rod over the bathtub and hang your doll over the tub to clean her?
I know you'd have to rig it for with supports rather then just a friction hold like a regular shower curtain because of the weight. But it would be an option like a shower stool.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Some kind of engine hoist / shop crane might do better. The problem is they're designed to balance the weight over the middle of the crane, with "feet" that go under a car, which presumably wouldn't work well for a shower. Possible if you provided enough counter balance though with feet out to the sides to avoid tipping over. I still think you'd be better off leaning a standing doll in shower doll against a wall for support than trying to rig up some kind of hanging system. Even a doll without standing bolts could likely bear to stand up long enough for a shower if enough soft padding was placed under her feet.

That said, I still recommend sponge baths. Too many things can go wrong in a shower, to either your doll or your shower (or both.)

INFORMATIONS