reallovesexdolls.com

I learned a lot from this comparison video

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
TPEsnack
Ex-Member

I learned a lot from this comparison video

Post by TPEsnack »

https://reallovesexdolls.com/video-gallery/

I am a newbie, educating myself on the doll marketplace through whatever resources I can find. I highly recommend this video from Real Love Sex Doll. Many important distinction instructions for the potential buyer.

The only place I would disagree is a matter of language. The knock-off dolls are 'grey market' rather than 'black market' dolls aren't they? 'Black market' suggests criminal activity. If the doll ordered was represented as being brand X (that it copied) indeed that would be fraud. But as far as I could tell the second-rate doll was just a second-rate copy.

I have never understood by 'pirated' goods don't do an as good or better job than the original. I know of only two cases where this has been true, at least for some factors - Newton vs. Mac (computers) and Grace Gallant vs. Brompton (folding bicycles).
If masturbation is a crime against humanity, then at least half the world are gangsters.

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: I learned a lot from this comparison video

Post by CrazyCajun »

TPEsnack; The information in that video isn't 100% accurate or correct. She says in that video that one way to tell if a doll is a authentic WMDOLLS doll is that the joints are smooth and move easily.

I have a authentic WMDOLLS doll that I got directly thru Sam Do in cooperation with RLSD over a year ago and to this day this doll has joints that are so hard to move that I worry about braking them every time I attempt to do so. So this is proof that an authentic WMDOLLS doll can in fact have joints that are not only hard, but near impossible to move!
I could very easily show this in a video as well!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

The term 'black market' would be appropriate. There are websites and maybe some vendors not approved by The Doll Forum that market these knocks offs as legitimate name brand dolls. (WM Dolls is a frequent target.) To sell a knock off as the real thing is both copyright and trademark infringement, and thus illegal.

The gray market would advertisement them as "just as good as <manufacturer's name>" instead. Respect for the trademark, but maybe more muddied regarding copyright (particularly in China)

TPEsnack
Ex-Member

Post by TPEsnack »

JunkGuy wrote:The term 'black market' would be appropriate. There are websites and maybe some vendors not approved by The Doll Forum that market these knocks offs as legitimate name brand dolls. (WM Dolls is a frequent target.) To sell a knock off as the real thing is both copyright and trademark infringement, and thus illegal.

The gray market would advertisement them as "just as good as <manufacturer's name>" instead. Respect for the trademark, but maybe more muddied regarding copyright (particularly in China)
Thanks for the clarification. I have never understood why sellers of Hermes bags in Bangkok and Hong Kong 15 years ago didn't just copy the bag style but be honest with buyers 'this is a fake'. I like the honesty about their dishonesty of some vendors in Shenzhen who tell me straight 'this is a fake'. I suppose the reason buyers might want a fake trademark is because of status not design appeal. I have no idea. I buy based on features not brand name. Sometimes brand name is better, sometimes knock-off is better if it is 80% as good but 1/10th of price. As long as everyone is honest about what a product is, I have no ethical issues with buying knock-offs. Everyone copies - it's the history of commerce. I am not sure I even accept the commercial and ethical legitimacy of trademark and copyright. But the law says different. Would the marketplace (buyers and sellers) be better without such restrictions by the State? The US Libertarian Party says yes. I am not convinced. Wouldn't this curtail creativity and R&D investment?

What say you other doll buyers?
If masturbation is a crime against humanity, then at least half the world are gangsters.

INFORMATIONS