reallovesexdolls.com

I've got a question

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

I've got a question

Post by Samuel_78 »

So I've been reading around on the site about things you should do on the first day you receive your Doll. Rather then lock the door and not come out for sun light or food for the next week. :mrgreen:
You know helpful threads like The Newly wed guide by BCD for your doll and TPE and Mineral Oils. I'm wondering how the recommended items work compared to "TPE-safe cleanser" and "Renewal Powder" offered from RLSD.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

grimreefer24601

Re: I've got a question

Post by grimreefer24601 »

The very first thing you should do with your doll is inspect her very carefully. Look for any problems in the TPE and the joints. Make sure you move every joint in her body, and that it behaves as expected. Take pictures, day one, of everything you can, especially any faults you may find.

So, you're doll is perfect, and you're ready to go. That's great, congratulations.

The best cleaner I've used so far is Mineral Based Baby Oil. I used the TPE Safe stain remover, and petroleum jelly, and I think they're the same thing. They work similar.

Baby oil will remove the most dirt from a TPE doll it seems. I tried soap and water. Then tried to oil my doll, and all this black dirt came out in the oil. I cleaned her, and oiled her again, same thing. Finally I cleaned her with Baby Oil alone, three times. That's how many times it took to stop getting the black mess. And then she was actually clean. This was a doll less than a month old. I'm on the bandwagon of cleanng your TPE doll with mineral oil and a credit card.
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=84238
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=83755

Renewal powder is just some sort of starch. I use a big jug of all natural corn starch that I got for a few bucks at Walmart. I found the renewal powder dispenser for RLSD to suck pretty bad, but other members seem to like it. I bought a very soft bristled paint brush, and I like it as my favorite applicator. It makes a mess, but covers quickly, and I can easily feel with the brush if an area has enough powder. The powder is cheap, so excess fall onto the towel beneath her, and I just wash the towel later.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

Here is your renewal powder from rlsd........ :(

And just use water to clean her on the honey moon days. Its about getting the production chems off her. Fresh water and fresh cloths each wash a few times a day for a few days and give her a powder once dry each time to absorb more chems out of the skin
Attachments
15071630211292040990552.jpg
15071630211292040990552.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3220 times

Procrasturbate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Procrasturbate »

mix hand soap (Dial antibacterial is a good one) and water in a spray bottle and go to down with a rag and spray.

the last thing you want to do is oil your doll for the first time w/o cleaning her first, black ink line stuff will come out of her skin if you try to oil a doll straight from the factory.

Bootycall Dolls wrote the guide, not RLSD. just follow those guidelines.
also i suggest scented cornstarch from goldbond. leaves the doll smelling goood.

grimreefer24601

First, I'd recommend Baby Powder to be Starch based, and not Talcum. The presented image does not show which it implies, but could be both. Talcum has some health risks, whereas starch is more safe.
Procrasturbate wrote:the last thing you want to do is oil your doll for the first time w/o cleaning her first, black ink line stuff will come out of her skin if you try to oil a doll straight from the factory.
What is your reasoning behind this?

That black gunk is what were getting out by oiling. It takes a few times at first, but afterword you have a clean doll. Not just surface clean either. The oil penetrates the TPE, and by applying a slight pressure you're pressing out more contaminates that soap and water would ever do.

I've asked before, but to veterans, like samara78, is there any reason that mineral oil should not be used from day one? Does it cause harm?

QL57812

Post by QL57812 »

Yep. Good advice above. My doll just came and I gave her the new doll treatment. Sounds like a lot to do, but it's actually pretty sensual putting your hands all over her. I had bought a shower chair, sat her in it and washed her well with antibacterial soft soap. Then dried her off and let her lay for a while to air dry. After a few hours I oiled her with baby oil really well and let her dry for hours. Then I applied some Vaseline (she's TPE) and Nivea to openings and joints and dry overnight. Next morning, I gave her a good brushing with talcum powder. Yes, I use talc powder - I'm a scientist and know modern talc isn't the scary stuff with asbestos, like before the 70s. I just don't snort the stuff. Labs use corn starch as food to grow bacteria in petri dishes - don't want that stuff on my girl. After that, she was good to go for weeks. It's all worth it.
Kitty: JY163 with head 114

grimreefer24601

So I PM'd samare78, and sent her a link to this thread asking her opinion.
grimreefer24601 wrote:You're a master here on TDF. Is there any reason that a mineral oil cleaning should not be used from day one? Is using soap and water several times from factory actually beneficial? Maybe you could check out this thread, and put us all straight. Please?

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=91020
samara78 wrote:Only washing right after you get her is best. Baby oil for cleaning is best afterward. Rub her with baby oil then wipe off with a wet wipe afterward. You do not need soap and water except right after you recieve her.
It's a short answer, and I like to know the reasoning behind it, but here it is, and I'd trust that advice.

From here on is me wanting to know why.

I still think those first washings didn't seem to do a thing when I did it. (Perhaps it's more of what can't be seen) Once I applied the first mineral treatment, to a new doll, a lot of black stuff came out. I thought soap and water was supposed to get that? More with soap, looked clean. Oil, black stuff. Then I oiled, and washed, oiled and washed.... Guess what, no more black stuff. I finally got all the black stuff out. The oil and cloth, or card method is even better.

Maybe I have the wrong soap, but soap and water really doesn't seem to do a thing to TPE.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

If its superficial water will get it off. If its embedded the oil penetrates the surface and binds with the tpe causing displacement of anything that cant bind to tpe.

grimreefer24601

optical delusion wrote:If its superficial water will get it off. If its embedded the oil penetrates the surface and binds with the tpe causing displacement of anything that cant bind to tpe.
So then oil and water is best? Or oil and soap and water? Or soap and water then oil is best?

Will oil not remove the superficial? It it just the water? Does the soap matter?

Oh no, I have so many questions. My favorite question, Why?

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

I only ever use water and a cloth for mine for general cleaning weekly and a once a month oil bath. My doll doesnt get dirty enough to need a deep cleanse.

I have never used soap on mine as i have never had the need. The part of the doll should end up the dirtiest is the insert. Im sure others will have recomnedations for that but they are also replaceable

Procrasturbate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Procrasturbate »

READ THE GUIDE GUYS.
WASH WITH soap/WATER, THEN OIL. FFS

my reasoning? because thats what the Doll elders have told us to do, thus we do it.

if you put oil on the doll FIRST, your going to mix the 'Doll tpe skin oil', 'factory dirt' AND the 'mineral oil' into a black sludge. if you have a white or fair skin doll, you may perm' mark the dolls skin because the factory dirt gets caught int he pours like a tattoo.

after the first honeymoon bath you never have to soap and water her again unless she gets dirty with floor fuzz or crumbs.

Everytime you put the doll on furniture, sheets, towels, blankets, carpet, cardboard, the doll will leak oil from its skin onto the material. If you dont oil the doll from time to time, your doll will start drying out. joints might crack, skin crack, the texture will harden.. etc..

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

You all have posted a lot of info for someone that just wanted a comparison of the RLSD products and the commercial options.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.

ax4tl
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ax4tl »

I just purchased a doll last night and I started looking up maintenance. So the first order of business is a Mineral Based Baby Oil bath? I am a real noobie to this and I am trying to learn.

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

Welcome to the club, I've got a two week head start on being less of a N00B on you.
Who are my Doll's?

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

samuel i posted the photo of the renewal powder that rlsd sends you....thats it. a small tub of cheap talcum powder. i purchased the deluxe package and that was it. i didn't get the soap as it wasn't offered then but if the renewal powder is just of the shelf talcum powder from china that was not even repackaged i would not have great hope that their soap would not be something similar.

my advice. buy the cornstarch/flour as people have recommended and save a heap of money and if you want to use soap then make the mix which is recommended in the tpe care guide

INFORMATIONS