betterlovedoll.com

Was there a problem with the servers?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Private1
Former Member

Was there a problem with the servers?

Post by Private1 »

Over the past several years I have often come on and read some good topics as I am in the stages of looking for my first doll. I haven't logged on in sometime and when I did I found that my username and password was no longer recognized, I thought it was odd so tried a password reset which didn't work either. So was forced to create a brand new account, interestingly enough, I used the exact same username and password combo I originally used with my original account. I've never had any issues with my account or restrictions etc so is there something that happened with the servers that I am perhaps unaware of?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Was there a problem with the servers?

Post by Nescio50 »

This sounds very strange. There are no server issues that could cause this. What is your previous username? We will look into this.
Only issues we are aware of, are those by members hiding behind VPN providers that host spam bots. But I don't think that's the case here.

Private1
Former Member

Post by Private1 »

As stated in my post I restarted it with the same username and password combo as my original account. This is why I'm wondering if there was a server issue.

Private1
Former Member

Post by Private1 »

I had probably a couple dozen things posted, as well as topics I had followed and questions asked etc, so pretty much having to start from scratch as all of that is no longer accessible. It really doesn't make sense, especially since I restarted with the exact same combination I used originally. It's one of those Murphy's laws moments

Private1
Former Member

Admin assistance request

Post by Private1 »

Hello, if there is an admin available I have a couple of questions regarding the site.
If someone could reach out I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Admin assistance request

Post by Nescio50 »

Private1 wrote:Hello, if there is an admin available I have a couple of questions regarding the site.
If someone could reach out I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
Please send your questions to support@dollforum.com and we'll look into this.

Private1
Former Member

Post by Private1 »

Other than having to start back from scratch, the info and whatnot I had saved I'm already tracking back down. A little frustrating losing my original account, and I'm really not sure what exactly happened as everything used for this one is the same as the original.
Be that as it may I'm not going to bother with trying to retrieve my original account and just go from here. It had been some time since I had logged in on the original so my thoughts were either a server issue or possibly the account was deleted due to the absence.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

The old account should still be there as we don't delete accounts.
To retrieve it we need the email address that was linked to the old account (don't post it in public, if you want the old account retrieved, send me a PM).

Update 24-FEB-22: All is solved, the old account was found, posts moved to the new account :)

INFORMATIONS