betterlovedoll.com

Add SPOILER tag for hidden content

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
mark81
Ex-Member

Add SPOILER tag for hidden content

Post by mark81 »

Hi!

Almost every forum has this feature: hidden content under "Spoiler" button. User has to click it to see what's inside. Useful for tons of big pictures in post saving navigation time and connection bandwidth. Yes, spoiler content is loaded on demand, so pictures are not loaded until you open it.
Shift + Left mouse click should open all spoilers present on current page all at once.

I think it would be useful feature for this forum.
What do you think?

And sorry if I missed it!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Add spoiler tag for hidden content

Post by Nescio50 »

We don't have this feature at TDF.

TDF has high performance servers and bandwidth, but we know that some users are on low capacity connections. So we will look into this. Also we would like to know if more members would like this feature.

mark81
Ex-Member

Post by mark81 »

It's less about bandwidth.
It's more about compacting posts with lots of images and maybe text. Sorry for my poor description.

Example
Here
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=92215
I had to create several posts in a row for better readability. With spoilers I could create a single post for easier navigation.

You don't need to wait for more members. It's a question of common sense I suppose. Actually I was surprised when discovered that this forum is missing it. It's the first one to be more precise.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Yes the spoiler tag feature is usually a must have in any forum. Most forums have that. It's a quality of life feature that would be useful to make longer guide posts more readable and organized.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Add SPOILER tag for hidden content

Post by ZZZZ »

Embedded YouTube videos are causing slow-down on TDF, so maybe wrapping them in spoiler tags would prevent that?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

We are looking into this, those spoiler tags.

mark81
Ex-Member

Post by mark81 »

Hey, guys!

Can we escalate this?
This feature is very handy for composing long posts with lots of images, quotes, etc.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

[color=#800000]On Fri Dec 08, 2017 at 4:35 pm, mark81[/color] wrote:Hey, guys!

Can we escalate this?
This feature is very handy for composing long posts with lots of images, quotes, etc.
I support the idea of spoiler tags, to save space and help with the readability of discussion threads involving lots of text/image/video content. :thumbs_up:

ZZZZ wrote:Embedded YouTube videos are causing slow-down on TDF, so maybe wrapping them in spoiler tags would prevent that?
I agree. It's a neat feature to have, but they do use a lot of memory. I've got a reasonably fast laptop with a pretty fast internet connection, but threads with multiple embedded vids take me back to a time when I waited a few minutes for web pages to load on my old 56k dial-up modem.

If embedded videos could be held behind spoiler tags, and loaded on demand.. IMO that would be an excellent upgrade.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

but threads with multiple embedded vids take me back to a time when I waited a few minutes for web pages to load on my old 56k dial-up modem.
you mean current day Australia :haha4:

wait 8O

why am i laughing :puppydogeyes:

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

I've heard about the bandwidth Down Under.. it doesn't have a good reputation. I wonder if there's any particular reason for this, or does the Australian tech industry just hoard all the bandwidth for corporate clients?

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

we largely use the old copper cables laid out many years ago...and dont get me started on our world leading national broadband network. we would have been in the top 5 in the world if it wasnt for petty politicians not wanting the other party to have a positive legacy. new places have better of course, but when your running through multiple zones you go from 100 year old copper cables(im not exaggerating) to being jury rigged with duct tape(ok...maybe an exaggeration)to industry leading fiber optic the quality just isnt there :shakefist:

we dont even rank in the top 50

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/03/a ... rrassment/

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Well, I'm guessing our Australian members would like to see the spoiler tag implemented then. :wink:

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

that would be a fair guess :)

manintehbox

Post by manintehbox »

So I'm going to guess there was not enough demand for spoiler tags? IMHO it would be so nice, especially for when people quote entire posts of pics just to make a reply.

INFORMATIONS