betterlovedoll.com

Suggestion about editing posts

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
m00zes
Active Poster
Active Poster

Suggestion about editing posts

Post by m00zes »

I have a suggestion regarding editing posts. I've spent many hours on multiple forums, and i couldn't help but noticing TDF misses a 'reason for editing' text input box. What i do now is add an extra line like this "EDIT: added url, spelling correction" but i can imagine not everyone does this.

I think it could be a nice extra for both users and admin/mods to add a text input box so the editor can easily point out what was edited. (If they want to use it of course)

PS: to my knowledge the option to add this is built in phpBB.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Suggestion about editing posts

Post by Mondoon »

There is one. I'm not sure if it's only available for mods but if you see any posts the mods have edited you will see that there is a line of editing text which states who, when and why.
In the bottom left corner when Edit is selected there is a 'Reason for editing this post' box.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I checked with a doll account, it's only available for staff. I have to look into this if we can make this available for all.

m00zes
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by m00zes »

Thanks for looking into this straight away ... i must admit the admins here are really on top of things. I like that a lot :thumbs_up:

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

m00zes wrote:Thanks for looking into this straight away ... i must admit the admins here are really on top of things. I like that a lot :thumbs_up:
Changing it will take some more time as I don't think it's an easy setting, so have to check this with our server admin.

INFORMATIONS