betterlovedoll.com

Members list

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Erika
Doll
Doll

Members list

Post by Erika »

Hiya.

How does the sorting of the postcount in the members list work? Or is that classified information?

I wonder because Kim was ahead of me in postcount, but I tied with her with my last post, but the ranking shows me on top, while I would have thought that since she got there earlier, she'd be first.
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (12.21 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
But instead I am, so it could be alphabetical or on registration date, if number of posts are tied.
Not that it really matters, but I just wonder.

And with this post I get ahead anyway, so the question is kinda moot. But hey, an inquiring doll is curious
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

Lily
Doll
Doll
Location: I used to live at Nescio's, but now I'm staying out

Re: Members list

Post by Lily »

This is highly classified information, even Nescio doesn't know :o
With love, Lily
I have my own doll album. Also Nescio's album contains pictures of me.

Lilith Un Rama
Doll MILF
Location: TDF DOLL QUEEN- On my throne of Bones DOWNUNDER-keeping Maestro Un Rama under some control

Post by Lilith Un Rama »

:lol: Easy, the better looking doll gets placed higher.....especially when twins are involved :razz:

I am surprised that irrespective of my post count, I should be at the top :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Lilith

Humans :
ALPHA DAEMON is ANUNG
BETA MALE PROVIDERS ...every other male on TDF... human or demon...Giggles...Love you all!

"Anung is Mine as I am his, but I am also my own legion of women with our own opinions...So if I growl at you or give you a frowny face, it is probably because you were being a goose and your post offended someone...namely me!

ImageImageImageImage

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Given how forum software works...I would imagine it then goes by alphabetical order. Forum has no idea who got what, when, for what or why. Just knows the count is the same. Next simple algorithm to implement is by letters :)

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

I'm not sure.
If I look at the bottom of the complete memberslist it looks quite random.
Attachments
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (48.73 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

On the forum software I am used to (for a site I co-run) members with 'no posts' are usually sorted from newest to oldest bottom to top. But all forum software is different, so without knowing any specifics (phbb forums are highly customisable that way) it's difficult to say for sure either way.

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Well, the dates you see in the pic in my previous post, are the registration dates. So I assume it works differentlly here.

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Even with the users who posted once, it's kinda random
Knipsel.JPG
Knipsel.JPG (29.06 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
I sorted it ascending, I figured the I'd be faster from 0 to 1. Big mistake, because there are actually (a lot) more users who never posted than there are users who did post. Sorted this way, the first one with a post is at #40,424 8O
Which means that there are 40,423 users with 0 posts out of 54,590.

So 74% of the users never made a single post 8O

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

lot of lurkers huh? hehe....not that I can comment, I joined almost 10 years ago myself and only had a handful of posts up until recently.

As for the sorting method...does indeed seem rather random. Interesting.

INFORMATIONS