sanhuiofficial.com

Minor surface repairs: silicone epoxy and paint

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Minor surface repairs: silicone epoxy and paint

Post by Jimbofod »

Hi,

I wanted to know what would be the best thing to use in making small repairs to Sanhui silicone. This would be for small tears or perhaps surface cuts/scratches. I understand there some epoxys available, but I wanted to know what fellow Sanhui owners have used successfully, or even what the manufacturer/vendor would recommend.

The other part I wanted to know was what I could use for touching up on the paint. My girls lipstick has cracked at the edges (seems a common issue with the head I got, though I wouldn't trade her), and I would like to match the paint color to finish the repair. Could I get a bit of the paint Sanhui uses, or know what it is to order from somewhere?

Much appreciated!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Minor surface repairs: silicone epoxy and paint

Post by samara78 »

No epoxy. There are a few products to choose from out there. I have a 120 cm Sanhui "reiko" doll that had many damages there is a thread here in this section. I used a food grade silicone rtv 4500 "sil-bond. This worked real well for me. I cleaned the area to be repaired with acetone. Use nitrile or poly gloves NO LATEX RUBBER GLOVES!

What you will need tool list
1 container cotton swabs( pharmacy beauty supply
2 a bottle Acetone/pure nail polish remover (clear color.
3 toothpicks and wooden chopsticks(dollar store)
4 nitrile/poly gloves NO LATEX
Your choice of adhesive food grade 4500 rtv "sil-bond"

Let me know if i can beof further help.

P.s as far as the joints are concerned, you want to fix any loose or broken joints with new ones
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Sanhui Doll US
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Sanhui Doll US »

I will let you know soon about the repairs.

Sanhui Doll US
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by Sanhui Doll US »

Jimbofod wrote:Hi,

I wanted to know what would be the best thing to use in making small repairs to Sanhui silicone. This would be for small tears or perhaps surface cuts/scratches. I understand there some epoxys available, but I wanted to know what fellow Sanhui owners have used successfully, or even what the manufacturer/vendor would recommend.

The other part I wanted to know was what I could use for touching up on the paint. My girls lipstick has cracked at the edges (seems a common issue with the head I got, though I wouldn't trade her), and I would like to match the paint color to finish the repair. Could I get a bit of the paint Sanhui uses, or know what it is to order from somewhere?

Much appreciated!
Jim,

For small tears not under a lot of tension you may use clear GE 2 Silicone http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Silicone- ... /100004845. It is cheap and widely available.

For areas under tension I recommend Sil-Poxy https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/sil-poxy/

For the lipstick we aren't allowed to ship liquids or powders out of China but you may use this silicone paint https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/psycho-paint/.

Pigment https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/silc-pig/

How to fix tears:
1. Clean the area with a fiber free cloth soaked in acetone thoroughly and wait for it to dry.
2. Then apply a thin layer of silicone adhesive with a toothpick or Popsicle stick to both side of the tear.
3. Gently wipe off and excess that oozes out the tear with fiber free cloth lightly soaked in acetone/rubbing alcohol.
4. Put some plastic food wrap over the tear and close the tear tightly with tape.
5. Do not move the doll and wait at least 24 hours for the silicone to cure. If you mix a small amount of distilled water into the silicone and blow air on it with a fan it will speed up the process.

How to fix abrasion:

If there is a loss of silicone skin and you need to fill it in I recommend https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/ecoflex/ "Ecoflex® 00-10". You may use silc-pig to color the silicone.

You may need to CAREFULLY remove some of the silicone material if you want to smooth out the surface. I would use an exacto blade lubricated in dish soap to slowly shave it away or some sharp nail scissors.

1. Clean the area with a fiber free cloth soaked in acetone thoroughly and wait for it to dry.
2. Evenly apply the ecoflex in the affected area.
3. Tightly wrap plastic food wrap around the affected area and remove air bubbles with a needle.
4. Even out the silicone again.
5. Wait 24-72 hours.

I'm no doll surgeon so if anyone knows a better way please chime in! Thank you.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Thanks all, including Samara, for the detailed replies!

INFORMATIONS