sanhuiofficial.com

How to Ship a Doll after Re-sale.

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
DaaaaBears
Apprentice
Apprentice

How to Ship a Doll after Re-sale.

Post by DaaaaBears »

Hi all,

I've never packed a doll before, but I do have some of the original packing materials (box, outer foam, reinforcing cardboard under the bum, foam box for the head). My questions are:

1) How do I secure the doll within the box?

2)Where is the best place to buy specific kinds of packing foam? Especially the very flexible thin foam I can wrap around individual extremities so they won't rub during packing.

3) What do you recommend for sensitive areas (wrists, breasts, other joints, head, etc.)?

Cheers, and thanks for the help!

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: How to Ship a Doll after Re-sale.

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Since you still have the box and original wrappings, that's is a great start.
I usually visit a local good will and purchase some added blankets, soft sheets, a pillow case and/ or get a cheap sleeping bag at Walmart/target. Get some bubble wrap and socks for hands and feet.

You'll need some good strapping AND shipping tape. Strapping tape is opaque 2-3 in wide with those reinforceing threads (not duct tape) and will be used to close up the box. Duct tape doesn't work well on cardboard. Uhaul retail stores have all the tape, foam and bubble wrap you'd need.

Remove head and garments, clean and powder her up. Put socks on her hands and Feet.

Wrap her hands/wrists and feet/ankles with liberal amounts of bubble wrap. Use Shipping tape (the clear 2 -3inch wide tape) to secure bubble wrap in place. Do the same for the head (I usually use a pillow case, followed by bubble wrap.

Lay her in the sheets, place the head between her legs. Layer/cocoon her with the blankets/sleeping bag. Place wigs, clothing and extras in spots needing gap filling. She should be snug but not crammed tight. Half inch to inch wiggle room is fine. Too tight will cause imprints or transmit shipping movements directly to her.

Make sure the sides (and bottom) of the box have a foam cushioning. Fill in gaps with exrta padding. Close and secure box with strapping tape. Mark the box fragile in several areas and arrows indicating top.

Get a weight, box dimensions and opt for a pick up or drop off at a local UPS or FedEx. Typically opt for ground shipping and its you option to get the insurance. (I usually insure for the sold price of doll).

Good luck..... :glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

DaaaaBears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: How to Ship a Doll after Re-sale.

Post by DaaaaBears »

Thanks a ton for the info! Time to head over to U-Haul :D

INFORMATIONS