sanhuiofficial.com

Time to meet Emma

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time to meet Emma

Post by Mondoon »

Hej Sofos and Emms

Those are lovely shots. I can't decide if I prefer the dark or light backgrounds but as you know from my shots I am very fond of the black background.
What I particularly like in those dark background ones is the way the lighting has caught her hair on the side, especially 0346 which you also liked. They are really nice low key shots and Emma's looking lovely. Great lighting, you're really getting the hang of those flashes now. The ones with the light background have a different effect and highlight all of her hair, also very nice. Yeah, lovely sets, both of them, and a slightly different effect depending on background.
Sofos wrote:Hey, I just remember I forgot to add Emmas two jackets and her handbag to the pile 8O
Ha ha, an even bigger pile. Two jackets, now there's something Hanna's got none of, or a coat. Even Katie's got an overcoat. :lol: Thanks, I'll look into that.
Sofos wrote:(ps. It's spelled slätterna )
Tack, bloody Google. :roll:

Best wishes from us three. :D
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hi Sofos and Emma. Wow! Gorgeous! I like all of the bath towel photos very much. Great shots. Maybe this one is my favourite?

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

MANABU wrote:Emma, your killing me here.
Like the song
Killing me softly.
You look stunning.
Seeing your pics makes my wait harder and easier at the same time.

Have fun,
Manabu
Thanks sweety ;)

I'm sure she'll be worth the wait :D
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Mondoon wrote:Hej Sofos and Emms

Those are lovely shots. I can't decide if I prefer the dark or light backgrounds but as you know from my shots I am very fond of the black background.
What I particularly like in those dark background ones is the way the lighting has caught her hair on the side, especially 0346 which you also liked. They are really nice low key shots and Emma's looking lovely. Great lighting, you're really getting the hang of those flashes now. The ones with the light background have a different effect and highlight all of her hair, also very nice. Yeah, lovely sets, both of them, and a slightly different effect depending on background.
Sofos wrote:Hey, I just remember I forgot to add Emmas two jackets and her handbag to the pile 8O
Ha ha, an even bigger pile. Two jackets, now there's something Hanna's got none of, or a coat. Even Katie's got an overcoat. :lol: Thanks, I'll look into that.
Sofos wrote:(ps. It's spelled slätterna )
Tack, bloody Google. :roll:

Best wishes from us three. :D

I personally like the black ones better. Your pictures of Hanna and Katie surrounded by black was one inspiration for sure :thumbs_up:
May I ask if you use black backdrops or just relying on distance to the walls?

Yea, 0346 became my fav shot of the shoot. It was a bit tricky to get the light right. A little too much and the background started to light up and too little and she got no spark in her eyes at all.

The overexposed background was easier to get but didn't produce the same shadow/light play as the dark ones. Hmm, perhaps that is the challenge...

Well, winter is coming so she will soon need a down jacket or similar too ;)
Today she has one jeans jacket

and one in some plysh material

Have a great day!
/Sofos and Emma

p.s.
haha, if you can't trust google then where is the world going :lol:

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Seattle Slew wrote:Hi Sofos and Emma. Wow! Gorgeous! I like all of the bath towel photos very much. Great shots. Maybe this one is my favourite?

Thanks Seattle :thumbs_up:

Yea, who knew a bath towel would work so well as a dress!

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hej Sofos
Sofos wrote: I personally like the black ones better. Your pictures of Hanna and Katie surrounded by black was one inspiration for sure :thumbs_up:
May I ask if you use black backdrops or just relying on distance to the walls?
I've got two black throws which are a fleecy material, one is pinned to the wall and the other is across a spare bed which is against the wall so it's a complete black area. For Katie I put a large piece of stiff cardboard under for her to stand on. I then have the lights set up at each end of the bed 45deg up and out to light the subject. I always have to underexpose 1/2 to 1 stop and a couple in between because the light meter in the camera will always try to turn it to a mid grey.
Sofos wrote:The overexposed background was easier to get but didn't produce the same shadow/light play as the dark ones. Hmm, perhaps that is the challenge...
Yes, it's an interesting comparison to see so glad you did it.
Sofos wrote:p.s.
haha, if you can't trust google then where is the world going :lol:
I'm not sure Google could ever be trusted :lol: but you'd think they would have the spelling right in their translations.

hjärtliga önskningar till dig och Emms

från oss tre på de vilda slätterna

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

That's great!
Yea I can see that kind of fabric just eating up the light. The problem for me would be to put it up and then down. But I might look into it later.

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

We just added our entry for category A too

In honor of that I wanted to make a little GIF
light-animation.gif
light-animation.gif (2.38 MiB) Viewed 2052 times

It took me quite some time to get the lights as I wanted them. In her hands Emma holds one of the speedlights put inside a thick white padded envelope to soften the light.
Then the problem was that she completely disappeared in the background. So to remedy that I have the second speedlight on its tripod with the ubrella above and behind her. The tripod would have been visible if the background would have been more exposed.

The second flash now lights her head and shoulders creating a more defined body against the dark. Took some trial and error!

In the GIF each frame is shot with the same setting on the "hair light" and 1/3 stop change in the flash in her lap. And now the batteries are dead :lol:

GirlsGang
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GirlsGang »

Hi Sofos,
I like that dimming lights effect, very nice.
I am wondering if changing the F-stop in the camera would have been the same (at least easier than manipulating the flash).
Cheers
GirlsGang

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.

The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Ebony & Ivory (Smart Dolls, 1/3)
Meet the Gang (1/6)
REVIEW:
AI S+ Fay/Sonia 4woods EU

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

GirlsGang wrote:Hi Sofos,
I like that dimming lights effect, very nice.
I am wondering if changing the F-stop in the camera would have been the same (at least easier than manipulating the flash).

Well, then it would also change the intensity of the hair light at the same time. And I would perhaps have started exposing the background.

It might have looked good too but not identical.

I do have a remote controlled flash so I can change the settings really easy from the device mounted on the camera. Otherwise it would have been a pain to do it.

This is the controller device
https://www.amazon.com/YONGNUO-YN560-TX ... B00NIJ0UY6

Very convenient :D
I believe our flash setup is very similar, I think I remember you mentioning the yn560III Flash in L&Ls thread. That is the one I have too.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

That gif animation is superb, love it. I really must try something like that.
That's quite a set-up you had to do those shots. A padded envelope, tripod and umbrella, ingenious.
Well worth all the experimentation though. I think you're right, changing the f-stop would have also lightened the background so on the gif the background would have been getting lighter as well as Emms.
A great result though. :thumbs_up:

Best wishes and waves across the North Sea from Hanna, Katie and myself.

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

neesa333
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by neesa333 »

Great shots of Emma, the candlelight is really cool. And, she's adorable in the bath towel. Yukie likes the pictures too and says hi to both of you.
"Doe's Barbie come with Ken?"
"No sweetheart, she comes with GI Joe, She only fakes it with Ken"

GirlsGang
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GirlsGang »

Thank you for the hint with the remote controller, will arrive tomorrow 8)
Yes, I am using Yongnuo 560III as well in conjunction with hexagonal softboxes called "Speedbox-60".

A hint for batteries: get Sanyo Eneloop and a decent charger, no more worries if you have 2 sets. These are LSD (low self discharge), they loose less than 20% of their charge when stored for one year.
Cheers
GirlsGang

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.

The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Ebony & Ivory (Smart Dolls, 1/3)
Meet the Gang (1/6)
REVIEW:
AI S+ Fay/Sonia 4woods EU

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Lovely shots, great GIF, nice pjs! I can see Emma enjoyed that shoot too! Well done and thanks for the explanation- I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up with your mastery!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

Thank you for all the tips Sofos :thumbs_up:
I find that GIF movie very beautiful and yet simple.
I do not have time to try it out myself.
I started back with my fashion photo report with this time Maja and Lissie, together and separate.
Maja let upright pose is more difficult than thought and very time-consuming. :roll:
I would end by saying, do so on
:wink:
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

INFORMATIONS