betterlovedoll.com

New Review Forum Section

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

New Review Forum Section

Post by TDF_Management »

Over the last few weeks TDF has been looking into how to simplify doll reviews for members. So we came up with the idea of localizing all the reviews under one roof.

All the manufactures and vendors are represented in this new section, each having a new forum of their own in which members can post product reviews. All new reviews will be locked after posting, so as to keep the reviews clear and easy to follow.

So we ask you to please post any new reviews in this new forum section under the relative manufacturer or vendor from which you purchased your product.

When writing a review, please talk about the pros and/or cons (if any) about the product, as well as some words about the manufacturer or vendor you purchased from, like their customer service, delivery time, and such.
Pictures of the product are of course preferred.

TDF promotes honest reviews. If your review includes claims against a product or manufacturer/vendor, please contact TDF Management first as claims should be backed up by evidence (Rule 10).

Over the next few weeks well be looking into existing reviews and moving some of them to the new section. Only review since 2015 or after will be moved, as we consider earlier reviews irrelevant, as the product market has changed and manufacturers have moved forwards and greatly improved their products.

if you have a review that falls under this time scale and you would like it place in the new forum section, then please use the Report function of the forum by clicking on the exclamation icon in the top right of the post, or send a PM to one of the admins or managers.

TDF consistently tries to evolve and accommodate new ideas in order to make your viewing experience the best possible.

Thanks,

TDF Management

Chuxchev1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: New Review Forum Section

Post by Chuxchev1 »

How do I post a review of a new doll I just bought from RLSD? Also, i want to sell this doll, too. It's too damn heavy and I can't move it around with a back injury.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

TDF_Management wrote:All new reviews will be locked after posting, so as to keep the reviews clear and easy to follow.
So no more posting questions and responses in reviews. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a discussion forum? What if the reviews are in direct opposition to other people's experiences? Shouldn't we discuss that? And where are you wanting comparison reviews to be posted? What if I don't want my review to be in this new section - are you going to move it anyway and lock it?

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

The goal of the Review section is to provide a quick reference to general information provided by actual doll owners, because currently the info is all over the place.
It's like having an attic filled with great stuff, but it's too cluttered to evaluate what you really have.

So this section will contain:

Positive information, not related to a complaint (no doc/proof required) -
- General doll information e.g. the doll's physical characteristics.
- General vendor/maker information e.g. the price, cost for shipping, time length for delivery, included items, courtesy, Q&A service.

Negative information (proof required e.g. (redacted) receipts/invoices, pictures, emails, etc. in compliance with Rule 10 of the Forum's ROC.
- Doll physical defect information; misrepresentation (requires original ad for comparison)
- Vendor related issues: Unresponsiveness, dishonesty, discourtesy, unwillingness to provide support

The required proof is to ensure we are protecting the forum's membership from potential lawsuits, and our manufacturers/vendors from false claims.

The posts will be locked to prevent comment. This begs the question of what to do if someone has something to say...
LaDollyVita wrote:
TDF_Management wrote:All new reviews will be locked after posting, so as to keep the reviews clear and easy to follow.
So no more posting questions and responses in reviews. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a discussion forum? What if the reviews are in direct opposition to other people's experiences? Shouldn't we discuss that? And where are you wanting comparison reviews to be posted? What if I don't want my review to be in this new section - are you going to move it anyway and lock it?
Let me restate that the goal is to create an uncluttered section for reliable doll information.

If someone wants to discuss or compliment a review, they can create a topic in the Vendor's/Maker's main section with a link to the review. The OPs may want to do this on their own to draw attention to their reviews and invite discussion.

IMO, to dispute a review, a simple contradiction is not enough. One will have to create a separate review showing the required documentation and pictures that would back up their counter claim. Fair is fair; if someone with a complaint shows proof, then someone disagreeing should also show proof.
Again, a separate topic in the Vendor's/Makers main section can be created for general discussion.

If someone wants to do a comparison review, these can remain in Dolls In General. We may create a topic in the review section with a link to the review if it is informative.

In regards to moving a review without the OP desiring it, if the above is implemented properly, I think there would be less objections to moving them.
If someone still has an objection to being moved, then perhaps we will create a topic in the review section with a link to the review, if the review is informative.
Not wanting to move a review though, is kind of like saying you don't want members to easily find your review. It sounds silly when I put it like that, riiiight :razz:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

If this endevour were an application with a User Interface, I imagine it would look something like this:

Just kidding! Mostly. ;-)

Thanks for the response, Netwit.

Jesphel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jesphel »

That, LaDollyVita, is a masterpiece of UI design.

Good ol' DailyWTF :D

Nickbire95

Post by Nickbire95 »

Ok, I got it.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Now that I see how this is working in practice, it makes more sense.

Post your review in the "reviews only" section for the manufacturer / brand; it then gets locked down. Next, start a discussion thread in the maker's / vendor's subforum and provide a link between the two. Now a person can go look for reviews on a particular brand of doll in a specific place without all the white noise typical of each subforum.

This is a great idea now that I clearly understand it. It suffers from not being more intuitive, but there is only so much you can do with forum software. Not sure how you solve that, but I'm diggin' your jive.

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

apliz2005
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apliz2005 »

That is fantastic news, I propose to subtitle it Dollypedia :)

Pumpkinpatch

Post by Pumpkinpatch »

Perhaps a catagory as per country on TDF Sales would be helpful

swordmaster101
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by swordmaster101 »

I would suggest a category as per country and if its good o USA, having an option to to search per state would be awesome for both buyers and sellers.

GirlsGang
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GirlsGang »

Suggestion: put the link to the review in the doll matrix and vice versa...
Cheers
GirlsGang

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.

The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Ebony & Ivory (Smart Dolls, 1/3)
Meet the Gang (1/6)
REVIEW:
AI S+ Fay/Sonia 4woods EU

dannyloblack

Post by dannyloblack »

Hello, I made a purchase on August 4 ORDER: #22386 (six repairing items- see image attached) and till this day the package with the items hasn't arrived.
I have notified this several times to a person called "Isaac" in your live chat and via email (see image attached), Isaac said on August 30 that he would reship with courier, so I can track the whole journey. But till this day It hasn't send me the tracking number of the reship, he said that in a couple of hours he would send the new tracking number and that was yesterday. No new tracking number has been sen't or updated on the order status. I just want to know when the company its going to make the reship, its been more than a month since I made the purchase, please send me the new tracking number, dhl or fedex always works fine. I will be waiting for you reply then. Thanks a lot.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Would it be helpful to have a template for the reviews, similar to what is used for consistency in For Sale listings? I'm thinking of some general, factual points of interest that might spotlight the best vendors/manufacturers, such as:

-Doll purchased (Manufacturer, body type, head type):

-Seller:

-Date ordered:

-Date of promised arrival, if applicable:

-Date received:

-Shipping method (Company):

-Buyer location (State/province and country):

-Damage to package, if any (describe and include photos):

-Damage to contents, if any (describe and include photos):

Anything else come to mind?
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

Like the idea of a template.Maybe reviews of the same doll should go under the same thread. So its an all in one. This way its easier to see multiple reviews without having to hunt down individual threads

INFORMATIONS