It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: LIKE FRECKLES?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 am 
VENDOR
VENDOR

Quote:
I used Staedtler Lumocolour permanent marker as recommended by VonRubber.

Too see more of Anna Patricia Fedospés check out
viewtopic.php?f=212&t=83493
Jeff and the BCD Girls

Attachments:
IMG_0451.jpg
IMG_0451.jpg [ 19.07 KiB | Viewed 1594 times ]
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg [ 33.16 KiB | Viewed 1594 times ]

Quote:
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
Quote:
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: LIKE FRECKLES?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:50 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Booty Call Dolls wrote:
Quote:
I used Staedtler Lumocolour permanent marker as recommended by VonRubber.

Too see more of Anna Patricia Fedospés check out
viewtopic.php?f=212&t=83493
Jeff and the BCD Girls

Thanks Jeff. Hope Anna gets a warm welcome :)

Ok guys, Jeff has asked me to run through how I got the freckles on Anna. I'm no expert at makeup/styling dolls, but I have been an artist for years and have a fair idea.

Ok, for applying freckles I DO NOT recommend just dabbing loads of dots in a speedy manner lol. Take your time, I spent a few hours doing mine and it's still not perfect as we are dealing with TPE.

I used permanent markers, recommended by user VonRubber when he applied this method to lips. Check out his thread on this:
viewtopic.php?f=224&t=83215&start=45 where he covers other customization tips.

With the freckles, the trick is to take your time and try not to go too random or fast. Each freckle is slowly placed. The hard part is to try to get the tip of the marker to JUST touch ever so slightly for the smaller dots. They should vary in size. They will go on rather dark (Brown marker) but be wiped/patted in with a very very damp (not wet) cloth to add some transparency. It also helps if they appear to have different opacities.

Try using a reference photo to aid you, along with a good well-lit work area.

Hosieman

Post subject: Re: TPE Honeymoon guide for new doll owners
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:45 am 

Interesting very interesting

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:30 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Here is a close up of the freckles for a better look:

Attachment:
IMG_0554.PNG
IMG_0554.PNG [ 10.66 MiB | Viewed 1579 times ]

You can look at more of Anna here: viewtopic.php?f=212&t=83493

Hosieman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:56 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Hello,

I think some orange color applied over the brown could also add variety to the freckles.

Von Rubber

Jinsan M16 head adapter for DS EXLite - Change the head of your EXLite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:40 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

VonRubber wrote:
Hello,

I think some orange color applied over the brown could also add variety to the freckles.

Von Rubber

Haha, I did actually do that, but it didn't work lol.

Hosieman

Post subject: WARNING>>>>>>>>HEATING A TPE DOLL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:58 am 
VENDOR
VENDOR

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=83758

Please be careful...VERY careful

Quote:
I'm fairly new to this- have only had my first doll about two months now.
I read somewhere here that if you take a heating pad apart and expose the wires, the wires can be inserted and used as a hole warmer. I tried it and it works great! Yesterday as an experiment, I left the wires inside and around the doll longer than I had before- hoping for a more "complete" warming job. I even threw a blanket over the doll and kind of wrapped her up with the heating pad. I unwrapped everything about 90 minutes later and to my horror saw that I had burned/ melted "grill marks" into the doll! (kinda look like stretch marks) Disaster!

Attachments:
OUCH....jpg
OUCH....jpg [ 26.37 KiB | Viewed 1512 times ]
THAT HURTS!.jpg
THAT HURTS!.jpg [ 32.45 KiB | Viewed 1512 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:18 am 
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Great tips! Thank you for collecting all this information!

Post subject: Re: WARNING>>>>>>>>HEATING A TPE DOLL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:47 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Booty Call Dolls wrote:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=83758

Please be careful...VERY careful

Quote:
I'm fairly new to this- have only had my first doll about two months now.
I read somewhere here that if you take a heating pad apart and expose the wires, the wires can be inserted and used as a hole warmer. I tried it and it works great! Yesterday as an experiment, I left the wires inside and around the doll longer than I had before- hoping for a more "complete" warming job. I even threw a blanket over the doll and kind of wrapped her up with the heating pad. I unwrapped everything about 90 minutes later and to my horror saw that I had burned/ melted "grill marks" into the doll! (kinda look like stretch marks) Disaster!

Isn't that why they invented USB warmers? Not only that, TPE really doesn't like heat; when I did the photo shoots for Camea and Tuesday, I had to pay attention to the sun. Even in the short time (10 minutes max) they were in the sunlight, I could tell they were heating up even though I was wiping them down with a wet cloth. When I went to pick them up, I could feel the difference in the TPE. I found the best way to warm them up is good ol' body heat.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:48 am 

For those concerned about using scissors to cut the padding on their new doll, I would suggest using trauma scissors. They're the kind we used to cut off clothing from trauma patients and for cutting bandages. The bottom shear has a blunt right angle piece that makes it very difficult to injure the skin. Fortunately, I still have my old pair from when I was a Wilderness First Responder (WFR or Woofer). So, I be set when my beauty arrives.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:03 am 
Active Poster
Active Poster

I'm reading the attachment and upon reading ''Here are some helpful tips to help you take care of your new GF'', I started giggling like a little kid. LOL :lol:

It amuses me so much that because of my light autism and asperger, I can overwork most people in all spheres of my life but love, yet, because of my condition, I haven't had a gf in 15 years, yuge paradox. Oh well, with this new gf, I will finally be complete and truly unstoppable! 8)

I can't speak from experience because last time I had a gf, I was 12 and we didn't sleep together at such a young age but it must feel amazing, sleeping with a girl.

No kiss in 15 years, thank God for my unbelievable mental toughness but I the feeling this doll will truly change my life. I am used to living all my adult life and my teenage years one way, alone. And I love being alone, I get a feeling of, tranquility, as if I was meditating and being away from all these wars and the corruption in today's world. Living with someone will be different, indeed. I believe I will love the companionship. :)

So thank you for your great guide, I love it!!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:10 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

I have an idea for cavity drying after washing. (my first doll is just ordered, so I may need concept corrections)

I own a ski boot and glove dryer. It is effectively a plastic box with a 4" fan in it. Air comes in underneath as it is slightly raised off the floor at its corners. It has four 24" flex tubes coming out the top that are designed to flex down into tall ski boots, or into gloves.
My brand has no heater, as heat can be damaging to boots and gloves materials...just lots of fresh air blowing through the 1 inch diameter flex tubes. I can leave it in my soaking wet boots and they are air dried in 3-4 hours. Its a lot of air being pushed by the 4" fan.

Mine isnt made any more, but there are others. Many with plastic towers coming out of the fan box, to put ski boots on upside down....I think that variety would also work if one improvised a reduced diameter hose to carry the air into TBE cavities.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516J6rRWbUL._UY535_.jpg/img]

For me, I already have four hoses. I can reduce ends of each down via some rubber tubing and insert 4 small hoses into cavities simultaneously. I could also slip in an exit air hose into cavity of same small diameter
(say, 1/2" clear tubing) so air can easily escape. (Do some clear rubber materials have negative effects upon contact with TPE, I wonder? Thanks)
Feedback would idea be appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:54 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

IWI wrote:
I have an idea for cavity drying after washing. (my first doll is just ordered, so I may need concept corrections)

I own a ski boot and glove dryer. It is effectively a plastic box with a 4" fan in it. Air comes in underneath as it is slightly raised off the floor at its corners. It has four 24" flex tubes coming out the top that are designed to flex down into tall ski boots, or into gloves.
My brand has no heater, as heat can be damaging to boots and gloves materials...just lots of fresh air blowing through the 1 inch diameter flex tubes. I can leave it in my soaking wet boots and they are air dried in 3-4 hours. Its a lot of air being pushed by the 4" fan.

Mine isnt made any more, but there are others. Many with plastic towers coming out of the fan box, to put ski boots on upside down....I think that variety would also work if one improvised a reduced diameter hose to carry the air into TBE cavities.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516J6rRWbUL._UY535_.jpg/img]

For me, I already have four hoses. I can reduce ends of each down via some rubber tubing and insert 4 small hoses into cavities simultaneously. I could also slip in an exit air hose into cavity of same small diameter
(say, 1/2" clear tubing) so air can easily escape. (Do some clear rubber materials have negative effects upon contact with TPE, I wonder? Thanks)
Feedback would idea be appreciated. Thanks.

The main problem with blowing air into the cavity is having a way for the air to escape. Either the legs need to be spread or a second hose is needed in order to allow moisture-laden air to escape. I suppose tampons could be used to absorb the water as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:18 am 
VENDOR
VENDOR

Dave08,
We are happy it made you giggle.
Laughter is the best medicine.
Jeff and Nyoko

Quote:
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
Quote:
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
VENDOR
VENDOR

Going shopping for your new girl friend, below might help.
viewtopic.php?f=267&t=85723
Love,
Nyoko

Jeff and the BCD Girls
"We turn dreams into reality"
There are so many great vendors on TDF, but none get testimonials quite like we do!
CHECK THEM OUT and see for yourself
http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/testimonials.htm
http://8065b9ae.ngrok.io/html/testimonials.html (mobile friendly)

Attachments:
NYOKO.jpg
NYOKO.jpg [ 59.79 KiB | Viewed 1073 times ]
 AIM Send private message  

Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next