VENDOR

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP ME WITH MY WEBSITE CHANGES FOR YL

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

http://dolls-are-us.com/yl

It took longer than I was hoping for, but I did expand my website to show
more EYE CANDY.
BTW, if you have any gorgeous pictures of your YL doll, feel free to
post her pictures in this thread.
If you'd like me to perhaps use her pictures on my site, email me what you have.
to mrcardmagic@hotmail.com
Thanks
Jeff
Attachments
asian.jpg
asian.jpg (59.79 KiB) Viewed 1871 times
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP ME WITH MY WEBSITE CHANGES FOR YL

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Jeff

With all due respect you don't need to worry about additional pictures. In browsing your site, it is very pretty to look at but almost all links end in a picture but no additional information. My suggestion would be; if I click on a doll picture a new page should come up with alternative pictures, list options (available matching heads, eyes nails, skin colors), give specs such as height, weight, measuements. Discuss how your services and relationship with George at XS gives certain added value or availability that other vendors don't have. You really don't have to even list prices initially since you seem to offer a more "personalized" experience.

Something I seldom see; are specs listed in both cm & inches or kg & pounds. I always have to convert to my preferred format. In other words try to set your sight apart from the others. Even small ways can be huge (like George's extras and quality checks)

We all pretty much want the eye candy, with glamshots. But in the end we should able to select body types, know which heads fit that body, and further customize until we have the gurl of our dreams.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors and may even be a future customer in the near future!
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

SinsuaLuvr,
Thanks for your comments and suggestions. When the site was first built, it was built simply to be able to sell Z one dolls.I had no idea I'd would ever be a TDF vendor and be working so closely with another vendor like George. My intent with extra pages was to show more of the body. I wish I could click on one picture and have it pop up more, but then again, I will do the best I can do for now with Webbuilder:)
What makes this tough is I already work a full time job, but I am holding my own.
And I am pretty much putting 40+ hours as a TDF vendor, but I AM LOVING IT!
I do plan on giving specs such as height, weight, measurements and will highly consider your AWESOME idea as well.
It took close to ten hours just to do the WM and YL extra pages. I still need an OR and then I can make the IMPORTANT TWEEKS like you say.
I will also be discussing how your services and relationship with George at XS gives certain added value or availability that other vendors don't have.
Yes, it is pretty nice being able to pick up the phone and talk with a person vs an internet only transaction. since I do like to offer a more "personalized" experience.
V/r
Jeff
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

Is it me, or is the YL page off center? The header is centered, but there's a big blank space to the left, and the row of images go off the screen. The site's off to a great start, so keep at it. Some of the blocks under the images display "title", so those placeholders will need to be replaced with whatever you have in mind. I wish I could help, but it's been so long since I've written html, that at this point I'd be more of a hinderance. I'll get my books out and see if I can't bone up on the subject (like you, in all our spare time). Recommend in your home screen you display something like, "Welcome, and enjoy your stay as we build our site."
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

plukk
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by plukk »

The page need a lot of work, sorry to be blunt but it looks horrible (using Safari on El Capitan) and i think most other forum members think so too but dont want to put it to you straight up. Dont think about using more photos or eyecandy at this point, clean up and straighten things up first, then move to more visuals and more albums. For example under one photo it says Title12 and theres a orphaned J in front of Contact Information that does NOT make people wanna trust your site. I cant even figure out how to make an order there?

Also, are you using php or just repetitive static pages? I hope im wrong but i get a distinct feeling you shouldnt be doing this yourself....

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Jeff my friend my sympathies are with you. This is a lot of work.
Try using different browsers as you build to assure the page will be viewable in all of them.
Just get one manufacturer done, and correct 100%. Then use that as a templet to do the others.
Don't rush, we are not going anywhere.
My best advise is to keep it simple, not everyone has a rocket fast connection. I think we all would rather just get to the meat of the site.
Pretty scripts are nice, but it's the information that is best. Yldoll.com takes to long to load, and is a little strange to get around. All that drop down page stuff is pretty . but like I said keep it simple with all the information, that you know we like to see.

Good luck
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

I do truly appreciate the feedback
I hate that J.
IT IS NOW GONE!
This site was NOT meant to sell.
The eye candy is just to show more of the body.
Why? I called up a soon to be doll owner and he asked about the 163 vs 165.
I then send him to my site.
But I will be improving any errors I see.
Chances are you'll never see a check out on it.
I'd rather confirm everything by email vs somebody perhaps choosing the wrong skin color and hitting transmit.
Once he decides on the doll he wants, I will email him a document to choose the options from and fill out a work sheet and send back to me. Before sending to my supplier, I will have him review for accuracy.
Is it better than how anyone else does it.
Nope.
it is just a way.
And if things keep on going on as they have been, I will hire someone justintime to meet the needs of future doll owners. HINT! HINT! HINT!
-princeoverit
-Just in time

Sir Agot Dahl

Post by Sir Agot Dahl »

Well I want to begin with saying for someone to take on this task while working a alternative primary job and not being a computer web designer is astounding. I remember how hard it was to work with the first personal sites out there and trying to understand all that code ect. Nice Job so far.....

OK so advice.... I agree with nearly every statement made so far...
You need help, so I'm gonna be honest.

When I was shopping for a Doll, any lack of attention to detail on the website made me think they might not pay attention to detail when dealing with my doll. And I moved on to another vendor. If I couldn't figure out how to navigate the site.... I moved on and so on.

So you need to work on your basics first.

Why does "Booty Call Dolls" use a website named "Dolls_Are_US" That miss match screams 'scam' to me.

An about me Page Stating "All my suppliers are Legit" makes me want to run... And when the about Me page is copies of Statements from satisfied customers it is actually a "testimonials" "Comments from our customers" page (Which I always just assume was made up when I am buying and dont trust them anyway)

Why not make your "About Me" Page actually about you? How much experiance do you have with dolls? How long have you been collecting them? (this is a far better location for your gallery to show of your own personal dolls IMO)

If you want your Ebay Feedback and account as proof, you could link to it on a "Check me out on Ebay, and Please take the time to read the feedback from my many satisfied customers"

You really need to decide weather you Sell New or you Sell Second Hand Dolls primarily. And lean in that direction.... I would set it up as NEW Dolls primary, and then put the Second Hand Dolls up in a Section that said.... "Looking for a Deal? we also offer several Pre-Owned Dolls check them out here!"

Honestly for me having the Pre-Owned option on your first page makes me feel like it would walking into a Clothing store and seeing a sign for second hand underwear by the front door. (I know that sounds overly harsh, but it is exactly how negative it makes me feel when I trip over a 'second hand sex doll' when I am not looking for one) Even a Car Sales Lot will showcase the new stuff over the Pre-owned stock.

Its great that you have the previously sold section, but have it on a different page. That way there is no confusion on the buyers part as to what is for sale and what is not. (It also avoids the human nature problem. We always want one of the SOLD items over what is currently available)

Set up a base construction page, set up your background and figure out your header. make sure you center your page (And check on multiple browsers) Just put up a "Coming Soon" or "Under Construction" label with your email to contact for questions (Maybe a good picture of a Doll pointing her finger at you, or posing like they are doing construction work or whatever.

Once you have a Base Under Construction Page where everything is centered looks pretty professional and has your info on it. Move to Stage two

Stage Two is getting your FAQ up there, This is where you can figure out how to set up buttons over to a second page (Remember the base page layout you did can be copy and pasted from now on for a under construction page) So once you get the placement of your buttons figured out (Top, Bottom or Side of Page and actually taking you to another page) you can set your Base Under construction template down till your ready to have them up. Then you can figure out what FAQ you get, and set up the Question and the Answers on the net.

Truthfully my biggest question I ask vendors is things like. Can you send me a Picture of what the skin tones look like side by side. (It always amazes me sellers never seem to have comparison photos on hand. that show all the skin type options side by side, with each labeled so you have a comparative)

Strangely a good close up picture that is still clear at full screen size can answer so many of my questions.

Following this plan, your site looks good and at this time is functioning to Answer questions (So you don't have to) and Directing people to you for orders. This should cut down on some of your hours of work so you can stream line it and become more efficient

The last thing you want is to have good galleries up getting people interested not sure how to contact Once you have your base down, focus on a gallery for ONE DOLL. That way if people are interested in that doll they can find all the pictures of it. Instead of sifting through everything to find the pertinent pictures.

The great part is One Gallery makes for a quick copy and minor adjustments to work on your next dolls gallery. (the way you have it all on one page right now for multiple dolls, as the pictures scroll I dont know if I am still looking at the same doll or not. If they each had thier own page there would be no confusion)

Just watch your site looks professional and take it slow to get there. Keep checking on multiple browsers so you are sure of what everyone will be seeing.

And I would like to add, your pictures are great you have some good material to work with already. Honestly don't skimp on your professionalism for more photos... you need to take out the out of focus pictures.

I hope any of this helps you... Again I'm not trying to bash you or the work you have done. This is an amazing undertaking you have done. And any comments I have made are effort to help make your business and site do better!

Keep up the good job and things will keep getting better for you :-)

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Just picked up this Hottie today, thanks BCD for going out of your way to make this happen.
So I make all different kinds of gear for the BDSM communities sex swings are on the menu that I serve up to my fellow kinksters. And when I got to dressing this girl up, I got the crazy idea to put her in the swing and I must say you can literally spin her like a top :-) reverse cowgirl is now an easy position to achieve without wearing and tearing out your precious.
Attachments
2016-06-11 18.46.31.jpg
2016-06-11 18.46.31.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1775 times
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Sir Agot Dahl all good ideas. It really is best to just give a brief overview.
On a splash page till you have the bugs worked out.

A bad site is worst than no site at all.

I see what your building idea is, but work it offline, till it's ready for viewers.
Jeff PM me if you need help with the code.
I could most likely build that site while you were at work, in a day.
Happy to help if you get hung up.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Sir Agot Dahl,
Thanks...I know it took alot of time to write that. The site is meeting my needs at this point in time, but I am not one for stagnation. Small changes over time add up big time.
1. An about me Page Stating "All my suppliers are Legit" makes me want to run...
And when the about Me page
Valid point...That will be a change I will make and good ideas about my history with dolls ect..and a gallery
This is a work in progress....
2. Pre-owned
Well, I agree and since that is not my focus, a better idea would be Silicone and TPE.
V/r
Jeff
-princeoverit
-Just in time

3AM
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 3AM »

Thought I'd add a few helpful critiques as well.

You should build your site assuming the customer/visitor has no knowledge of TDF. This is important because you have no idea how an individual may end up at your site (ie., web search,link...) Your HOME page states (last couple of sentences) that suppliers are TDF certified and so are you. Me (playing role of new customer) - "Huh? What's TDF?"
My biggest problem with many vendor's/manufacturer's site is they assume the customer knows about TDF. They don't show all options available for the dolls, some don't even show additional heads. They assume the customer already knows what they want because they researched everything at TDF and are just at the site to place an order.

And speaking of order...how do I order? I see your contact info, but is that for ordering or problems or just talking? :) (Again, me playing new visitor). Earlier you stated you didn't want a "check out" system and that's fine, but having something in place helps guide the customer towards the next step. Perhaps a new header up top for ORDER, and just a simple page that states...Ready to order? Contact me at XXXblahblahblah and let's discuss the details of your doll.

A FAQ, as Sir Agot Dahl pointed out, definitely. Explain the difference between TPE/silicone. There will always be new users who need this info. I see this question a lot, even here on the TDF forums. Explain what TDF is (for those that don't know) - so they know why it's important to be certified.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully this doesn't come off "high horse" stuff. We all just want you to have the best site available. We need more guys like you around.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

All suggestions are welcome.
1. they assume the customer knows about TDF
Explain what TDF is (for those that don't know) - so they know why it's important to be certified.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. a simple page that states...Ready to order? Contact me at XXXblahblahblah and let's discuss the details of your doll
I LOVE IT!
-princeoverit
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS