Matching skin tones on a new head

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Matching skin tones on a new head

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

As you know, there as SO many beautiful faces being made today that alot of us are always looking to get a second or third face for our dolls.
This be true, attached you will see a picture of skin tone on a doll bough in November of 2015 and a face 56 in tan just recently purchased.
Not a close match as you can see.
So, if getting a head I suggest getting a good game plan to some how show the skin tone your head is with who ever you get the head from.
Perhaps if you still have block of TPE your doll came with.
Perhaps taking her picture next to a piece of plain white paper or your doll wearing a plain white tee-shirt.
Obviously, I will either be offering a full refund to this buyer (because this is an oversite on my part and the head will not meet his needs on the doll he wanted it for) or a MIND BLOWING deal on a WM body that will be a closer match.
If there is anyone looking for a very nice head 56, will you please let me know?
Attachments
Vema46.jpg
Vema46.jpg (43.64 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

dollylamma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Matching skin tones on a new head

Post by dollylamma »

Just a point of note. There can be slight variations between production runs.
How old the product. How well it is mixed ect ect. The best match will be to order xtra head at doll purchase.

Often a powder foundation can solve the issue for pictures.

I wonder if there is much variation with natural skin tones?
DL

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Well, this is interesting. The WM heads in tan from last year are a bit more tan than the new 2016 WM161 I just got. It's something I thought was an oversight or a new tan mix from WM. In any event, is that head you have the lighter Tan and for how much shipped?

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

teddykan1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by teddykan1 »

Hi Booty Call Dolls
Which head is the No.56 please? I'm looking for a tanned head to match Elena
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=71403
teddykan1

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

TK,
Elena almost looks natural in color to me.
Best,
Jeff
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:skin tone on a doll bough in November of 2015 and a face 56 in tan just recently purchased. Not a close match as you can see. […]
We noticed that too a while ago: Color consistency of TPE skin tones. It seems that Jinsan (WM/YL/OR et al.) can not precisely match the skin tones at the moment.

A workaround is to match TPE skin tones with makeup foundation. It might be a procedure TPE doll owners with multiple heads need to get used to for the time being.

Mineral-based makeup foundation is semi-permanent, meaning it doesn't rub off immediately when in contact with water, but still can be removed, if necessary.

A 2nd factor involved might be ageing. We believe that Jinsan's TPE in skin tone "Natural" changes it's color from a light pink into a more yellowish skin tone after about 1.5-2 years. However, we don't know what environmental factors might be involved, and we don't have an objective baseline (e.g. a measurement with a colorimeter from 1.5 years ago).

Sandro

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Sandro,
Thanks for sharing:)
I was told if getting heads the same month your doll is made is pretty safe, would you agree?

Mishka1965,
PM sent and the head 56 in the picture was made in June 2016.
V/r
Jeff
-princeoverit
-Just in time

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:I was told if getting heads the same month your doll is made is pretty safe, would you agree?
I think this only applies if you have full control over your supply chain, as Jinsan does not provide the means to verify the manufacturing date & location (e.g. with a serial number imprinted into the base of the head which could indicate the manufacturing date and the factory of origin).

Considering that Jinsan seems to operate two factories and some products considered to be from Jinsan are actually from Hitdoll (David Lee mentioned this a while ago), you need to make sure that the doll's body and the head(s) actually come from the same factory and were made within the same timeframe (e.g. not from stock).

Before they disclose that kind of information to us, we better start learning to apply makeup foundation ourselfes, I guess ;-)

Sandro

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Sandro,
Thanks for getting me up to speed.
Best,
Jeff
-princeoverit
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS