Ask the docs.

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

To get deeper into the weeds, use a bit baby oil to stop a bit the situation that the abrasion is getting stronger.

The Indigo 20 solvent "Smoother" from the repair kit is able to deal with small abrasions and works slowly.

We would recommend a rework station with heat gun.

Take a look at these 2 videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHC0Y14eMBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYk6NojMAqI

The area (the breasts) is prepared with mineral oil.
The used temperature is a bit too high (above 220°Celsius), you see the smoke and that the TPE becomes liquid very fast.
A temperature around 190-200°Celsius and more distance of the heat gun to the TPE surface is better, the smoothing effect is slowlier but more controled and without that heavy smoke.
There will always be a bit smoke.
That smoke is unhealthy.
It is necessary to have a permanent ventilation with fresh air or smoke extractor or a mask (half-mask) with filter against organic chemicals.

The second video shows at the end that the worker is using a fine fabric sheet.
Therewith he brings back the TPE surface structure, otherwise it would be smooth and shiny.
You can use a sand paper instead and press it on the hot TPE (I do that).

Rework stations only with heat gun are available at ebay for about $30 and rework stations with heat gun and temperature controlled soldering iron are about $50.
Love,
The BCD Girls

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

I might not even worry about it seems like a pain in the ass just for one spot that covered up most of the time.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

samara78 wrote:
optical delusion wrote:i just ripped the thumb off my silicon jm80. what do i need to do to reattach it? between her little stump and the severed thumb its kinda freaky.
cheers
Oh shit. You need acetone, rtv 4500 food grade silicone adhesive, toothpick to apply it and some cotton swabs or cotton pads to prep with acetone beforehand.
Cheers. Hard to track down acertone in small amounts as everything seems to be acetone free in makeup sections. And food grade silicon seems to be the same.
Would these do for the acetone?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gel-Nail-Pol ... 2y4Vu9REhQ

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

You can get acetone from a chemist's shop but the product shown should be ok in my opinion.

Just a quick word about soldering stations, if you have a 'test' piece of TPE try it out on that first! You can damage the surface smoothness if you don't have the temperature and air flow right. I go to about 180C and lowish air flow but it does take practice! The best way I can describe it is that TPE is a bit like a mousse! It has a smooth surface but if you break the surface with heat it can get like the mousse when you put a spoon into it! So take care, as it can sort of crumble into globules! I have nearly had a disaster with trying to fix Ashaki! If you haven't got a test piece, try it out where it is not going to be noticeable first, like on the soul of her foot or back of the neck!

You can use George's method of heating a spoon with a kitchen blowtorch and drawing it over the rough spot. Clean the spoon between each rub. The surface will go smooth so put a little powder on the last rub.

Cheers, Hollows.

Edit:- http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=81004
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

optical delusion wrote:
samara78 wrote:
optical delusion wrote:i just ripped the thumb off my silicon jm80. what do i need to do to reattach it? between her little stump and the severed thumb its kinda freaky.
cheers
Oh shit. You need acetone, rtv 4500 food grade silicone adhesive, toothpick to apply it and some cotton swabs or cotton pads to prep with acetone beforehand.
Cheers. Hard to track down acertone in small amounts as everything seems to be acetone free in makeup sections. And food grade silicon seems to be the same.
Would these do for the acetone?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gel-Nail-Pol ... 2y4Vu9REhQ
Acetone is not for tpe.

For tpe repair prep only, use isopropyl rubbing alcohol
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

Sorry for the double post, but someone suggested this thread might be more appropriate and get me a response, so here it goes:
Luna (a JM silicone 130 cm doll) has developed what looks like an abrasion between her thumb and forefinger:
DSCF249a.JPG
After reading through this and other threads I think this is what I need to do... can someone please tell me if I need to do anything differently?

I think I need to clean the wound thoroughly with acetone, then paint permatex over the area using a small paintbrush. The permatex I have is has been used a couple of times over the past three or so weeks and is a bit thick (like toothpaste), but I think I read somewhere that I could dilute it a bit (with acetone?). Then after I've painted over the area with permatex, I will sprinkle a little powder on it to keep it from being shiny, then wrap it with plastic warp, being careful to make sure the wrap is smooth. Let it cure for at least 24 hours, and then inspect.

Does that sound about right? She's been a wonderful doll in the short 5 weeks we've been together, but I keep having issues with her hands (I love her little hands!). I've learned I need to be very careful with them since they are so delicate.

Kathypippin73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kathypippin73 »

Hello....
I recently purchased a WM doll 170 cm with h cups ....she is beautiful but her left hand one by one the fingers are not connected anymore. I have been extremely careful with her and still left hand is completely floppy ....how can I repair this.

Thank you

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

There is a great thread on the tpe finger repair in the repair and maintanance section. You will need to get a dremmel from harbour frate.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

autolycus wrote:Sorry for the double post, but someone suggested this thread might be more appropriate and get me a response, so here it goes:
Luna (a JM silicone 130 cm doll) has developed what looks like an abrasion between her thumb and forefinger:
DSCF249a.JPG
After reading through this and other threads I think this is what I need to do... can someone please tell me if I need to do anything differently?

I think I need to clean the wound thoroughly with acetone, then paint permatex over the area using a small paintbrush. The permatex I have is has been used a couple of times over the past three or so weeks and is a bit thick (like toothpaste), but I think I read somewhere that I could dilute it a bit (with acetone?). Then after I've painted over the area with permatex, I will sprinkle a little powder on it to keep it from being shiny, then wrap it with plastic warp, being careful to make sure the wrap is smooth. Let it cure for at least 24 hours, and then inspect.

Does that sound about right? She's been a wonderful doll in the short 5 weeks we've been together, but I keep having issues with her hands (I love her little hands!). I've learned I need to be very careful with them since they are so delicate.
For reference you need to use the adhesive on a toothpick spread open the wound and apply inside. Close with your fingers wipe off excess and wrap it up just so that the wound is closed. Use seran wrap for this.

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

Thanks, Samara. I will hold onto this information for future reference once Luna's new body is here (I can hardly wait!).

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

autolycus wrote:Thanks, Samara. I will hold onto this information for future reference once Luna's new body is here (I can hardly wait!).
So happy for you right now!
:glou:

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Just to let others know, when I used the heat gun to smooth skin, the smooth skin looks ok , but two very big problems arose:

One was the shiny skin from heat vulcanizing was permanent, No powdering fixes that. It was glassy shiny.
Second, and a deal killer, is that the skin was permanently sticky. I could powder it, but is felt like touching chewing gum. I still have her parts from that process and it still is same.

So the heat gun does work, but I could not fix the two issues, which is a problem

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Mishka1965 wrote:Just to let others know, when I used the heat gun to smooth skin, the smooth skin looks ok , but two very big problems arose:

One was the shiny skin from heat vulcanizing was permanent, No powdering fixes that. It was glassy shiny.
Second, and a deal killer, is that the skin was permanently sticky. I could powder it, but is felt like touching chewing gum. I still have her parts from that process and it still is same.

So the heat gun does work, but I could not fix the two issues, which is a problem

Mishka
In addition to those issues heating tpe is dangerous and toxic. I charge more to repair tpe because of that.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Kathypippin73,
Feel free to email Nyoko at yourdollusa@gmail.com for another method you might like.
V/r
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Is there any way to repair or relocate a dislocated hip on a WM156 without cutting her open? She was fine until tonight. I had her sitting in her chair and her legs were fine when I sat her down. I picked her up in the usual manner which is to put my hands under her legs at the knee with one arm while my other arm cradles her upper back. Her right leg just flopped around. There was no rough handling of any kind.

I can feel where the thigh separated from the pelvis. Can it be repositioned without surgery? And if surgery is required, how do I obtain WM's version of TPE glue to repair the incision?

INFORMATIONS