Leeching Oil

We turn dreams into reality!
Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Leeching Oil

Post by Stepford_CT »

I've had my doll for three weeks and have oiled her down with Vaseline petroleum jelly four times, tonight being the fourth. Each time I rub her down, I notice a black substance on her wherever I rub the Vaseline. I assume this is oil that has leeched from the TPE. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've been using the jelly since it's pure mineral oil and doesn't run like baby oil. I've been rubbing her down weekly.

She stays in a room with an air purifier and dehumidifier with the humidity staying around 35%.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Leeching Oil

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Stepford_CT wrote:I've had my doll for three weeks and have oiled her down with Vaseline petroleum jelly four times, tonight being the fourth. Each time I rub her down, I notice a black substance on her wherever I rub the Vaseline. I assume this is oil that has leeched from the TPE. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've been using the jelly since it's pure mineral oil and doesn't run like baby oil. I've been rubbing her down weekly.

She stays in a room with an air purifier and dehumidifier with the humidity staying around 35%.
Hey Pal..what doll are you refferring to...so we can ID the material mix and blend.... :?

Also...winter time up north to, I am guessing...and can you advise what type/brand of petroleum jelly you are using and how much at a time.....for winter monthly is normal... as it is the summer heat and humidity that drys a TPE gal out....not so much a thing in the frozen North,,,but if you are in say Texas or Miami...still an issue. 8O

Also..how old is your gal, and what powders have you used in the past, do you wash her regularly, apply lube, wait for it to soak in...and then lightly powder later...where do you store her when not inuse and under what conditions (apart from those mentioned above...ie in a box, wrapped in a blanket...is the balnket clean, etc)...these are just some of the variables we need to consider to provide valid advise to assist!

Cheers Anung!

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

More than likely, this is powder that has turned black. What I have noticed on my dolls which have not had oil/Vaseline treatments, is that same buildup of black "grime" which I believe is simply powder that has mixed with oil from the doll or from your treatments. I often use odorless mineral spirits to clean my dolls. Powder on doll turns black and can be wiped off at that point. And of course, the doll immediately needs to be re-powdered, which starts the process again. Nothing to worry about.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Anung Un Rama wrote:
Hey Pal..what doll are you refferring to...so we can ID the material mix and blend.... :?

Also...winter time up north to, I am guessing...and can you advise what type/brand of petroleum jelly you are using and how much at a time.....for winter monthly is normal... as it is the summer heat and humidity that drys a TPE gal out....not so much a thing in the frozen North,,,but if you are in say Texas or Miami...still an issue. 8O

Also..how old is your gal, and what powders have you used in the past, do you wash her regularly, apply lube, wait for it to soak in...and then lightly powder later...where do you store her when not inuse and under what conditions (apart from those mentioned above...ie in a box, wrapped in a blanket...is the balnket clean, etc)...these are just some of the variables we need to consider to provide valid advise to assist!

Cheers Anung!
As I stated, it's VASELINE PETROLEUM JELLY. That's the brand and type. I use enough to coat her entire body on a weekly basis. I do NOT powder her since it actually absorbs oil and defeats the purpose of oiling her down. I've had her three and a half weeks, so she's been oiled down four times with Vaseline Brand Petroleum Jelly. I do not bathe her; we have sulphur in our well water.

The doll is WM156 that I received on 25Nov16. I live in Tennessee, USA. There is an Accu-Riite weather station in the room that continually monitors both outside and inside temperatures and both outside and inside humidity. The dehumidifier keeps the room at a uniform humidity of 35%. A heater keeps the room at 70 degrees F. She is kept out in the open either standing, sitting or laying down wearing a nightie in each situation.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Hi there, if you didn't leave wash her first that is the powder they apply before shipping. Wash her gently with warm water and anti bacterial soap. Let her dry then powder her. Apply vasiline once a week to her entries and oil once a month over the whole doll. Hope this helps.
Wash dry and apply powder. You should be fine.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Dehumidification to 35% ! WOW! You lucky man. In Sussex England it's a major effort to get down to 75% humidity with a house temperature between 6 and 12 degrees.

Dehumidification below 50% is a bit unnecessary. Mould grows only above 80%. Making it too dry will probably cause more evaporation of oils from TPE.

Best wishes

Harem

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

haremlover wrote:Dehumidification to 35% ! WOW! You lucky man. In Sussex England it's a major effort to get down to 75% humidity with a house temperature between 6 and 12 degrees.

Dehumidification below 50% is a bit unnecessary. Mould grows only above 80%. Making it too dry will probably cause more evaporation of oils from TPE.

Best wishes

Harem
Right now, the outside humidity is 99% because of all the friggin' rain that, according to local weathermen on TV, was supposed to have moved yesterday.
It's because of the lower inside humidity that I've been applying Vaseline weekly instead of mineral oil since it's more concentrated as well as easier to apply.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

samara78 wrote:Hi there, if you didn't leave wash her first that is the powder they apply before shipping. Wash her gently with warm water and anti bacterial soap. Let her dry then powder her. Apply vasiline once a week to her entries and oil once a month over the whole doll. Hope this helps.
Wash dry and apply powder. You should be fine.
Thank you, Samara. As I stated, we have well water since we live in the country and it contains sulphur and other elements that I don't want to expose the doll to. I suppose I could give her an "oil bath" like C3P0; lube her up with mineral oil and then wipe off the black areas before reapplying the mineral oil. At least I'll be certain of what I'm applying to her "skin".

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

@ Stepford_CT:

Please stop the usage of vaseline and mineral oil for now.
You did too much !

I understand that you don't want to wash your WM Doll with the water containing sulphur.
You never washed your doll.

The following happened:

You received your doll and you did not wash her.
The doll is full of production residues
- Release agent from the mould
- Compound used for the "hot air remachining of the mould edges"
- Preservative oil (mineral oil mixture sprayed onto the TPE doll after a "very quick shower")

The necessary cleaning after her arrivial did not happen to remove the production residues.
And in addition for the last 3,5 weeks there was no cleaning.
Instead of washing your doll you "pumped in" a lot of mineral oil.
Therwith your doll has now a "heavy mixture of production residues and mineral oil" inside the TPE material.

Stepford_CT, that mixture must get out of your doll.
With more mineral oil care you are doing the worst what you can do.

Here is my recommendation:

1.)
By some normal drinking water in bottles and wash your doll with soft soap.
Let the doll dry itself after washing.
Do this 5-6 times.
That takes about half a day.
And afterwards use a lot of powder (talcum, babypowder, cornstarch, what you prefer).
Because of the surface structure of powder it has the ability to suck out from TPE material.
(like NBC decont powder)

2.)
Renew the powder after the third day.

3.)
For the next 3 weeks you do the washing and powdering once per week
and the powdering in addition every third day.

4.)
Make a pause of using mineral oil care products during that time.

= three week procedure to remove all that "heavy mixture of production residues and mineral oil" out of your doll

After the 3 weeks you are turning back to normal:
- washing and powdering once per week or if you think there is the need for doing it
- oil bath once per month
- vaseline for high stressed areas once per week

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

Thank you, Indigo. I will get on that right away.

I did not know that she needed to be washed when I received her; I only knew about the mineral oil care thread.

oberyn
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oberyn »

I got black powder on mine to not that much since i have only applied it once. Mostly to the arm pits and crotch joints.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:D ...and there we have it :idea:

...I was suspecting ingrained commisioning powder too...but needed the variables to give better advice.. :idea:

:D Networking with thoughtful input from Dollsmiths, doll technicians, veteran doll owners and chemists 8O WOW...an awesome response and credit to the TDF community here peoples....even with some grumpyness (as vaso is a common slang term for PJ irrespective of actual brand and blends :wink: ) we are about helping out and educating all for the betterment of the doll ownership experience...as an upset doll equates to a upst and concerned owner... 8O ..but got the mystery solved....more than likely.....well done gang.... :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

jame2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jame2000 »

Hey guys, anybody try this method? I'm doing it to my doll now, and I'm a little worried that the doll will dry out?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Normal method is in the Newlywed guide.
Stepford_CT had to do a special protocol.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

jame2000 wrote:Hey guys, anybody try this method? I'm doing it to my doll now, and I'm a little worried that the doll will dry out?
I haven't oiled my doll in over a year and it hasn't affected her at all. She hasn't "dried out" and her skin is still soft.

INFORMATIONS