Sally's new magnetic head bolt.

We turn dreams into reality!
OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Sally's new magnetic head bolt.

Post by OlmanOz »

Last week I took delivery of the new magnetic head bolt. Sold exclusively by Jeff at Booty Call dolls.

This product is designed to allow you to remove and replace your dolls head straight up and off in 2 seconds without unscrewing.
this will allow for easy dressing and undressing of you doll. Also for those of you who have bad backs, removing the head will make your doll much lighter to carry around as well.

So as promised to Jeff, here is my evaluation of the product...

After finalizing payment I didn't have to wait long for my parcel to arrive,
It came in a very small packet and was put in the letter box.
20170205_152555.jpg
Eveything you need is included in the kit except for the 14mm spanner required.
You will need to provide your own spanner.

I discovered accidentally that the magnet can come out of the screw section that winds into the neck.
I got it to close to my spanner and It "latched on". When I pulled them apart the magnet remained on the spanner.
You can see in my photo the is a small ridge machined in the "bolt", this will stop it from lifting out once it is screwed into place. It does not matter which way you put the magnet back in, I tested it both ways and it still works fine.
20170205_152614.jpg
The same piece with the magnet refitted.
20170205_152626.jpg
The first step is to apply a generous amount of thread tape (supplied in the kit) to the neck half of the assembly.
Wind the tape on in an anti clockwise direction, or when you wind the screw into the neck the tape will tend to come off and not stay in the threads.
After taking this picture I actually put on some more tape as it was still a little loose.
20170205_152735.jpg
Using a 14mm spanner or an adjustable wrench, (I found a 9/16 was to loose).
wind in the thread as low as you can making sure it is quite tight.
20170205_153130.jpg
Do the same for the half that screws into the head.
you can see in my picture that I have covered the flat section of the thread where the spanner sits, but that does not matter.
20170205_153352.jpg
However I did find it was still sitting a bit high so I carefully used a pair of locking pliers to seat it fully and make sure it was very tight.
If you you "burr" the pin from the locking pliers make it smooth again with a small file. I would like to see and Allen key slot in the base of this section on future "upgraded versions".
This would allow for much easier assembly of this half.
20170205_154214.jpg
Be sure to fit the provided rubber o-ring, as this will avoid any "grinding" and wear of metal particles, plus allow for smooth turning of the head.
(Please note I actually took this photo before seating the screw fully with the locking pliers).
20170205_153446.jpg
Provided in the kit is also two fiber washers that are designed to hold the head in what ever position you place it in.
They are sticky on one side and quite large. I found they did not stick all that well as the head surface is curved and the neck half was to oily from a recent application of baby oil and Vaseline.
So I chose not to use the fiber washers for now. I will see how Sally goes for a while first.
(Sally is a TPE doll. Under no circumstances use baby oil or Vaseline on a silicone doll as this will cause long term damage to the silicone causing it to go hard.)
20170205_153649.jpg
No need for more pictures. The head is easily placed on the neck and not all that difficult to remove. Dressing Sally from now on will be a breeze being able to remove her head before putting on tops and dresses etc. Also less likely to ruin hair, make up and eyelashes.
Sally's head turns very easily and sits nicely in the position I leave it in which is far better than the factory bolt supplied by WM dolls.
All the creaking noises have gone as well, so I guess it is not putting as much strain on the goose-neck assembly.

A very nice product, Highly recommended.
I have a few ideas to improve the design of this product but will keep that private for now as I would like to give Jeff and Indigo the opportunity to evaluate my idea first. I'm sure sales of this product will sky rocket soon, and we will see improved versions released as well no doubt.
Thanks Jeff, this is a great product.

PS: ill send you a PM soon
OlmanOz
Follow the crazy adventures of Jessica, k2, their gang of friends, and the bumbling Star Wars Villans in;
"Jessica's Big Droid". viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96837&p=1265215Par ... 1#p1265215
And previously in "(MTBWTTM)", https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... nd#p990942
But only if you dare risk your sanity..?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Sally's new magnetic head bolt.

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:thumbs_up: Great product review and how to do..Ozzy....really good effort...although you made me cringe with the vice grips..... 8O

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

nogamenolife
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by nogamenolife »

Very nice review there Oz.
Even Ariana's neck doesn't make anymore noise now using this.

SallyOz
Doll
Doll

Post by SallyOz »

Oh Darling.
Thanks for the massage...and fitting that magnetic neck thingie, whatever you call it....hehehe... My neck feels ssoooo... much better now ..
20170205_194241-1.jpg
20170205_194241-1.jpg (3.32 MiB) Viewed 3395 times
mmwwaahh....Love you Ozzie.[/color][/size] :angel:
:B-fly: Sally
SallyOz
Lover and companion to OLmanOz.
Big sister to Ted, Chloe, Jessica and the Droids.
Follow our journey in, "Jessica's Big Droid"...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96837&p=1265215Par ... 1#p1265215

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

I wish they made this for my San Hui 88 cm Angel. The bolt/head thread is in reverse (the neck is the bolt and the head has the nut).
L✰neR✯nger

DocCIS

Post by DocCIS »

How much force can be put on the head before it "pops" off...I can see myself getting scarred for life if I'm behind my girl going at it holding her hair and suddenly she pulls an exorcist routine or her head flies off, LOL ;)

Rono
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rono »

Thanks for posting this. I have one of these kits on the way, so this will be very helpful.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

If installed correctly, you really need two hands to remove her head when she is vertical.
Love,
Nyoko
Attachments
dress.jpg
dress.jpg (68.58 KiB) Viewed 3339 times
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by OlmanOz »

I must admit the magnet was not quite as strong as I expected it to be from what I initially read about this product.
However I very much doubt the head would pop off during your extra rough sessions :whistle:
Pulling on the hair would only remove the wig. You can only remove the head by lifting it directly upwards. It is quite easy to remove the head but it still requires two hands to do this.
The benefit of this product far outweighs any of your worries.
Oz.
OlmanOz
Follow the crazy adventures of Jessica, k2, their gang of friends, and the bumbling Star Wars Villans in;
And previously in "(MTBWTTM)", https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... nd#p990942

SallyOz
Doll
Doll

Post by SallyOz »

Ok from now on we have to be very serious. No more playing around or joking. You wouldn't want me to laugh my head off now would you......??? :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:
Hehehe...
:B-fly: Sally.
SallyOz

OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by OlmanOz »

Mmmmm.....your silly. :evil: I'm going to snack your bum.
OlmanOz

SallyOz
Doll
Doll

Post by SallyOz »

Ooohhh....yes please. ... :wink: :wink:
SallyOz

DocCIS

Post by DocCIS »

LOL

Thanks Oz, much appreciated!

catomacreek
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by catomacreek »

OlmanOz and SallyOz, good to see you both. So are you two happy with the adapter, and it still suggested to have a certain
hand placement?

ric1853
Ex-Member

Post by ric1853 »

I ordered one from jeff as well, got it quickly and installed in on Debbie as soon as I took her out of the box it was easy to install and it works great I would recommend it.Thanks for the great service Jeff at BCD
Ric
My Doll Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=11918<br /><br />

INFORMATIONS