Sally's new magnetic head bolt.

We turn dreams into reality!
OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Sally's new magnetic head bolt.

Post by OlmanOz »

catomacreek wrote:OlmanOz and SallyOz, good to see you both. So are you two happy with the adapter, and it still suggested to have a certain
hand placement?
Absolutely happy with the adapter. As soon as I first heard about this product I new I would want one. Being able to take off the head to put clothes on and off is fantastic. Makes it so much quicker and easier. No worries about getting clothing tangled in hair, or messing up make up and eylashes. It will also make it easier to put on necklaces. I will most likely try the fiber washers soon because turning her head is a little loose and would stay in place better most likely, but for now I will see how it goes without the washers for a while first. Sally spends most of her tiome cuddling me in bed lately. my time has been very short to do photo sessions of late, unfortunately.

Note to manufactures......"Food for thought"..... Having magnetic removable hands would also be fantastic. This would also aid easier clothing placement. They could be made as an after sale option. We could have a "night time" set of hands that are soft for sleeping and sex :whistle: , and a better fully articulated day time set for photography etc.
When you have these options made on future dolls, send one to me for evaluation as a thankyou..lol.
Oz
OlmanOz
Follow the crazy adventures of Jessica, k2, their gang of friends, and the bumbling Star Wars Villans in;
"Jessica's Big Droid". viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96837&p=1265215Par ... 1#p1265215
And previously in "(MTBWTTM)", https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... nd#p990942
But only if you dare risk your sanity..?

Ashaki
Doll
Doll

Post by Ashaki »

HOLLOWS, DARLING!

"Yes my love!"

I want one!

Hmmmm, ok we'll see!
Follow me on my Family's thread with Tanice, Jacey, Vivette, Rosheen, Tarni, Yi and Yong and of course so many little ones now we can’t count them all!

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=77571

SallyOz
Doll
Doll

Post by SallyOz »

Hi Ashaki, We really must catch up, its been a while.
You will have to have to sweet talk Hollows babe. My neck feels so much better now. The "crink" has gone..I feel like a new gal.. hehehe..
And I can change into "something more comfortable" quicker now too. :whistle: , not that I like wearing clothes.... SShhh.... don tell anyone..That's between you and me. hehehe.
SallyOz
Lover and companion to OLmanOz.
Big sister to Ted, Chloe, Jessica and the Droids.
Follow our journey in, "Jessica's Big Droid"...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96837&p=1265215Par ... 1#p1265215

Ashaki
Doll
Doll

Post by Ashaki »

Hi Sally! We haven't had much time to do stuff either! I posted a little update in the 'So What's New' topic from Daria this morning.
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=79393

I hope we can catch up soon!

Hugs and kisses, Ashaki.
Follow me on my Family's thread with Tanice, Jacey, Vivette, Rosheen, Tarni, Yi and Yong and of course so many little ones now we can’t count them all!

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=77571

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Thank You very much for saving me from the trash bin. I was going to be used for a sacrificial skit then tossed but now I'm back!!
Attachments
DSCN5291.JPG
DSCN5291.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1086 times
DSCN5293.JPG
DSCN5293.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1086 times
DSCN5296.JPG
DSCN5296.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 1086 times
L✰neR✯nger

SallyOz
Doll
Doll

Post by SallyOz »

So now you have said that I think you better "head off" back to your own thread. :haha4: hehe
Sally.
SallyOz
Lover and companion to OLmanOz.
Big sister to Ted, Chloe, Jessica and the Droids.
Follow our journey in, "Jessica's Big Droid"...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96837&p=1265215Par ... 1#p1265215

OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by OlmanOz »

Oh you two behave. This is supposed to be a serious thread.
Last night while laying in bed and cuddling Sally I decided to do a little test. You better cover your ears darling, you don't want to hear this.
I tried to remove Sally's head using only one hand. I found it quite difficult to do because when pulling up with one hand you cannot get quite the right angle. It is possible but very difficult.
OlmanOz
Follow the crazy adventures of Jessica, k2, their gang of friends, and the bumbling Star Wars Villans in;
And previously in "(MTBWTTM)", https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... nd#p990942

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

OlmanOz wrote:However I did find it was still sitting a bit high so I carefully used a pair of locking pliers to seat it fully and make sure it was very tight.
If you you "burr" the pin from the locking pliers make it smooth again with a small file. I would like to see and Allen key slot in the base of this section on future "upgraded versions".
This would allow for much easier assembly of this half.
Hi OlmanOz,

I've had a little experience with the Indigo connectors in the process of my head stand work.
Indigo can correct me if I'm wrong with this, but I think the head connector is designed to be left sticking up slightly (4 to 5mm), so you shouldn't need to use pliers.
If you screw it in too far the pin may be farther away from the magnet which may explain why it's not as strong as expected.

Image is from Indigo's update here:
viewtopic.php?p=1012854#p1012854

jibjibjub

Post by jibjibjub »

Great product. It makes dressing the doll so much easier.
WM 163 with #74 Head - Sierra Summers
above body with YL "Viola" Head - November Summers
...ordered from the fine folks at Booty Call Dolls

OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by OlmanOz »

MannequinFan wrote:
OlmanOz wrote:However I did find it was still sitting a bit high so I carefully used a pair of locking pliers to seat it fully and make sure it was very tight.
If you you "burr" the pin from the locking pliers make it smooth again with a small file. I would like to see and Allen key slot in the base of this section on future "upgraded versions".
This would allow for much easier assembly of this half.
Hi OlmanOz,

I've had a little experience with the Indigo connectors in the process of my head stand work.
Indigo can correct me if I'm wrong with this, but I think the head connector is designed to be left sticking up slightly (4 to 5mm), so you shouldn't need to use pliers.
If you screw it in too far the pin may be farther away from the magnet which may explain why it's not as strong as expected.

Image is from Indigo's update here:

Thanks for your reply.
The Magnet is still quite strong. When I first read comments about this product.... A quote from Indigo20..(The neodymium magnet: You really need both hands (beneath the chin and at the back of the head) to remove the head with wig.
I was imagining it to be very difficult. I have some rare earth magnets at work and they are extremely powerful for their size, so this is what I imagined in my head at the time of reading Indigos post. That is why I made those comments. But I do think it is plenty powerful enough. You would not want the separating force much stronger or it could cause problems.

Anyway so I did a little test to see if the two parts will seat together correctly.
I placed white paint onto the neck side in 4 spots. Its a little hard to see in the first picture. Sorry.
20170207_221919.jpg
Put the head back on and removed it again.
20170207_221902.jpg
You can see the paint is now on the rubber O-ring. So this proves Sally's head is seated correctly.
If I did not see any paint on the O-ring then I would have raised it up a little as suggested.

Cheers :glou: Oz
OlmanOz

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

I wished my doll this compound may receive :roll:
It would be much easier for me to dress and undressing my sweetheart.
Replacing the heads would be for me much easier because I have problems with this psychologically. :drinking:
it's whether I make her inhuman, or to put it in other words, "destroy my feelings for her" if I have to unscrew her head so many times.

It's hard to get the feelings that I have to express for my doll, some words have yet to be invented :cry:
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

OlmanOz
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by OlmanOz »

Yes, I understand what you mean virgin doll. One thing I forgot to mention. Unscrewing the head with a long wig on can sometimes cause hair to get tangled in the bolt threads between head and neck. So this adapter will stop tangles or the need to remove the wig before you take off the head.
OlmanOz

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

I installed a magnetic adapter in my doll after a few days because the studbolt seemed to be a bad April Fools' joke.
It was a selfmade, but inspired by Indigo20, so I have to give thumbs up as it works much better :thumbs_up:

jaybee111

Post by jaybee111 »

So, how do I order these? I didn't see anything on bootycalldolls.com.

INFORMATIONS