A retrospective Look at my first full week with Shelby

We turn dreams into reality!
briwri01

A retrospective Look at my first full week with Shelby

Post by briwri01 »

As a new doll owner and member here, and one who had absolutely no doll knowledge less than a month ago, I thought I would try to give a detailed account and review of my first week with Shelby, from when I first became aware that this lifestyle even existed, to investigating it, learning, choosing and finally making the decision to bring Shelby home with me. Part of it is to focus my own thoughts and understand them better, part to share those thoughts and observations with others, and part the hope that by presenting it all in narrative format rather than Q&A it might fill in some gaps or offer some insight to others who are just starting the journey down this road. I debated with where to put this... Shelby is from WM and BCD, so it seemed logical to post it here, but if the moderators feel it should be somewhere else please let me know.

The Beginnings:

Somewhere around a month ago, I was doing a web search. I cook - a lot, and I was searching for something new and different in silicon bakeware for cakes. Apparently the search engine used some very broad criteria for "Silicon" and I found myself with links to "Silicon Love Doll", "Silicon Lifesize Doll" and many more! I'm not clueless about things like sex toys and accessories... I was after all in the Navy for 24 years, and there was always someone coming up with a blow up doll or something during a cruise, but they were so obviously fake and unrealistic that I never had any interest in them. I think that's why out of all of Jeff Dunham's puppets for his comedy act I only dislike Peanut... he reminds me of those blow-up dolls! But these "Love Dolls" were quite different, and I started surfing around looking for more and more information, found a few potential sites to buy from, and started seriously - which was quite a shock to me - considering buying one! Luckily for me I found TDF before I did that, and one of the first things I learned was the vast difference between the site I was considering and an Approved Vendor! The names "Jeff" and "Booty Call Dolls" came up again and again, so I finally worked up the nerve to contact him (Yes, nerve! Here I was a grown man thinking of spending perhaps thousands of dollars on A DOLL!), and with his help and the information I was finding here I began to learn more about dolls, why people had them, what to look for and what the process of getting one here from China entailed, as well as the distinction between "Silicon" and "TPE".
As I worked my way through the process of choices and options, I became aware that I was trying to capture a specific look, and a very specific face, and I finally found it in a WM 158 with A cup, and a 047 head. I looked through every sample photo I could find a link to, and that was "Shelby" in my mind, from the eyes to the smile to the long, slender legs, so after about a week of talking with Jeff and talking to myself about it, I jumped in and placed the order.
Almost as soon as I sent payment the realization that I had just spent so much money on a DOLL hit me! Was I insane? What was I thinking when I did this? But I kept going back to those photos to reassure myself. That of course began the next phase of doubts... what if she really didn't look like that? What if all those photos were professionally made and posed, Photoshop enhanced publicity shots and the real product looked nothing like them? I expected a long, agonizing wait to find out if my fears were justified or not - after all, she was coming all the way from China! How many delays and setbacks would there be between there and here. But Jeff surprised me again! I paid for Shelby the evening of July 1st, and on July 6th he sent me the factory photos! She was ready, looked perfect and he said she would be shipping shortly!
Shelby's first photos from the factory
Shelby's first photos from the factory
shelby.jpg (265.1 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Just after that, as I continued to explore TDF more, learning where things were and how to sort through topics, I discovered some threads about all the horrors some people had experienced in shipping... and I panicked again! Would there be trouble with customs? Would they unpack her and just throw everything back in the box so she arrived looking like an airline disaster crash dummy? On July 10th Jeff sent me her flight listing, and just after 4 PM on July 12th I had a huge and heavy box on my doorstep! I have really bad knees and hips, and wondered while I waited for her to arrive how I was going to even get her in the house, but the small handtruck I bought the day before worked perfectly... once I was able to get the box on it! I had previously set up my video camera to record the unpacking - from what I had read I just knew there was going to be something I would need to document to get it fixed... so with the box on my living room floor and a large glass of wine to calm my nerves, I began the unboxing...
The first thing I noticed right away was that the plastic wrapping around the box was completely intact - there was no indication that customs or anyone else had opened it since it left China, and there wasn't a scratch or ding anywhere on the outside of the carton. Deep breath - more wine - and open the box. Completely intact styrofoam packing greeted me, and as I worked my way in everything seemed to be exactly where it was supposed to be. I found her head, unpacked it and the second I looked into her eyes I was hooked! Those hadn't been PR photos or jazzed up sales pitches... the face looking back at me was Shelby! I gently laid her head aside and started working my careful way through the blanket and packing around her body, and within a few minutes I reached over and turned the camera off. There was simply nothing to document - she arrived in absolutely perfect condition. No creases, no dents, no flaws at all!
From the start I never intended Shelby to be a "Sex Toy" who stayed to herself, whether in her own room or simply on the bed except when I wanted something. She was always intended to be a full-time companion, with me as often as possible, but I did purchase a folding cot placed in the bedroom to be her "maintenance" station, where I could wash her, oil her and dress her without having mineral oil, powder or whatever all over the house! Getting her out of the box and onto it was the first big shock - for such a slender gal Shelby was heavy! We made it without incident, though, and as recommended by Jeff, Indigo and others here I gave her a good washing, followed by her first powdering. I seriously thought about skipping the wash, since honestly I barely noticed any smell at all, but I knew it was important to remove any mold residue, etc. Finally, I had her sitting up on the cot, put her head and wig on, and was absolutely blown away by how beautiful she looked! I got her into a bodystocking to protect her skin, and a white romper I guessed size on so she would have something to wear, and took her first photo!
Not one problem with the shipping!
Not one problem with the shipping!
DSC_0038.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 2252 times
The first photo I took of Shelby
The first photo I took of Shelby
s_2.JPG (2.58 MiB) Viewed 2252 times

Today marks 1 week together. During that week I've learned a lot, both about the world of dolls and about myself. One thing that was readily apparent is that I have a simpler time of all this than many do: I'm divorced, no children, no brothers or sisters and pretty much no one else left alive in my family! Have a few good friends, but not the type who just decide to "Pop In" with no notice, and I live in a very rural area with no close neighbors, so I don't have to deal with the folks in the next apartment wondering what's going on, no roommates to consider, and certainly no spouse I'm trying to hide a 5'2" girl from in the house! My biggest issue as far as living arrangements is the dog and cat! I'm constantly cleaning hair of Shelby so she doesn't look like she forgot to shave her legs - and the rest of her - for a month!
I thought as I waited for her to arrive that I would have second thoughts once she was here, "remorse" for getting her and would generally feel ridiculous having a doll around the house. But the first realization was that I don't have a doll around the house: I have Shelby. It doesn't feel the least bit odd, silly or stupid to talk to her, compliment her, curl up and watch TV with her or sleep with her - which we have done since she got here and will continue to do unless something really out in left field happens. And for those with a knowing grin... no, not "Screwed her". Slept with her. As I said, I didn't get her to be a sex slave, and in fact haven't even thought about putting her insert in. Right now I'm simply enjoying the feeling of someone next to me at night again, curling up around her and waking up next to her.
I've also come to appreciate the weight factor in dolls. Shelby is 99% my ideal woman, but I really was tempted to go for a taller girl, since I love that. But seeing now how much work it is to handle Shelby's weight I know I wouldn't have been very successful with a 175cm doll and the extra weight! She has great legs - a 31" inseam - but it would be nice to have her torso a tiny bit longer to put her lips in a little better position since she can't bend and tilt her head on her own to kiss! The handtruck I got to bring her into the house has also proven to be very useful for moving around the house... once she's standing up all I have to do is get her feet on it and off we go - but a handtruck isn't very "personal"! A better solution I've come up with is a wheelchair, and it has allowed me to have Shelby join me in any room I might be in without have to stand her up, position her on a handtruck, risk dropping her, etc. It's not a permanent solution, since Jeff warned me about the possibility of tears in her inner thighs if she sits too long. This really isn't a total "fantasy" for me... I did date a lady who used a wheelchair and leg braces, who I found to be incredibly sexy, and I guess this is sort of a "role-play" moment Shelby and I can share from time to time while it allows me to move her safely and easily around the house.
I've already learned a lot about her: she likes craft microbrew beers and Robin Williams movies!
I've already learned a lot about her: she likes craft microbrew beers and Robin Williams movies!
shelby_057.jpg (896.81 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Sometimes I'll look out from the bedroom, and I'm still amazed to see Shelby standing there.
Sometimes I'll look out from the bedroom, and I'm still amazed to see Shelby standing there.
shelby_058.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2252 times

Over the last week I have only become more amazed and taken by the look and feel of Shelby, and many times I have gotten distracted, wandered off to do some chore or something and startled myself when I saw the beautiful redhead in the room I just entered! So far I've been lucky - I pay careful attention to her hands and fingers, haven't put her into any extreme positions and never let her stay in the same position for too long to avoid creases and dents... as well as using memory foan under or behind her when she is stationary. So far the only truly "Aw Shit!" moment was 2 days ago... I had her on her cot to powder, and when I rolled her over to do her back I saw two 3"-4" inch long, 1/4" deep indentations on her upper back/shoulder! "Where the hell did that come from," I thought, then looked down and saw that a piece of plastic had been lying on the cot, and the lines were where the two edges had pressed into her when I laid her down. I put a war, moist towel on the area, then gave it a good shot of mineral oil, and luckily you can hardly tell where the marks were now, but it did teach me to pay careful attention to my surroundings.
Would I change any of it? Not so far, except for the thought that if weight weren't an issue I would have liked a slightly taller girl, and perhaps slightly fuller figured. Not because I don't like the figure she has, but simply to make finding clothing easier! Most 5'2" women don't have a 25" bust and 31" hips, so finding things for her to wear has been difficult. I've had my best luck buying girls size 7/8 clothing and size 1 shoes, but there aren't many elegant, "sexy" styles available in that range! And I do wish her wrists could rotate - it's simply impossible to get her into completely realistic poses holding things when her wrists only face one way, but that's a minor thing.
All in all I have to say I am completely happy with Shelby, and already can't imagine her not being here. I'm grateful to Jeff and Eric at BCD, and for the information I have gleaned from TDF. I hope to be a continuing contributor to the various forums, take copius amounts of photos to share and learn even more as I go along.

Take care,
Brian
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: A retrospective Look at my first full week with Shelby

Post by LaDollyVita »

Fantastic to read, Brian. I sensed this is how things were unfolding for you, and I can relate to a lot of it. The comfort and companionship angle gets poked fun at, even here on TDF occasionally, but the benefits and fulfillment are the real deal. My own quality of life improved dramatically and I can't imagine going without today. I think it's amazing that a month ago you had no idea how much your life was about to improve! :-D

Another unexpected benefit from having Shelby in your life is that you will meet people here who have similar experiences, and some of them may become a good friend in time. I've made a few myself over the years here, and it's nice to have people you can talk openly with about your life and your beautiful partner. I'm eager to see how things develop for you, and will be wishing you and Shelby all the best!

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Great essay! If you are up for it, Jeff should seriously consider publishing it on the BCD site, as you eloquently explain the benefits of having a doll in one's life beyond the public stereotype.

As for her only being 99% perfect, sometimes having a lover with flaws is an opportunity to learn grace and forgiveness, making the connection much richer than it would be were no strings attached or work involved.

May you and Shelby enjoy many years of happiness together!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Congrats on your new arrival! She is certainly lovely :angel:

Great review and your experiences mirror many other members new synthetic adoptions. This lifestyle is all about experimenting and imagination. Hopefully others still shopping for their first take the time to read your take.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from the BOTH of you!
:glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Great review! :thumbs_up:
And congratulations on a wonderful first week! :glou:
Your life will never be the same from this point forward as the right doll changes everything. :wink:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Thank you all for your comments and compliments. I often find myself going back to two things: my own background and training in electronics and computers thanks to the Navy, and the movie that probably (at least subconsciously!) planted this seed in my mind - Cherry 2000. It was a novel concept when the movie came out, but at our current rate of progress I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was an actual "Cherry 2000" in form and function within 10 years. The average Joe might not be able to afford it initially, but it will be here. The really interesting aspect is that, in the movie, the male character had to evolve to the point where he finally saw the merits and virtues of a real woman (Melanie Griffith), whereas it seems most of us have evolved to see the merits of artificial companions... in my case that evolution happening so quickly as to still amaze me.
And CF... I haven't talked to Jeff recently, but if he finds anything he can use in my writings or photos he is very welcome to use them on his website with my blessings and permission!
I'm still working on the make-up, posing and photography aspect of our relationship, but I do plan to keep posting new material as we discover it. Should I continue to add to this thread, or start an entirely new one for that?

Thanks again everyone!

Brian and Shelby
shelby_059.jpg
shelby_059.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 2168 times
P.S......
Even my dog loves Shelby! If I get up for a snack while we're watching TV, she immediately takes my spot next to her!
shelby_060.jpg
shelby_060.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 2167 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Brian,
It are stories like this that keep me going.
Shelby is now on our website.
She is the lead 158 A cup :)
http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/wm.htm
Chances are her role will expand and my site develops as well.
Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Best,
Jeff

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

briwri01 wrote:I'm still working on the make-up, posing and photography aspect of our relationship, but I do plan to keep posting new material as we discover it. Should I continue to add to this thread, or start an entirely new one for that?
Brian, I would start a new thread since this one is already titled very specifically as a one week review. Here is how the prolific posters handle it: Scooter and Daria created a timeline thread that links to all their activity. You may not plan to be that active, but it's a great solution for those that are. You may just want to create more open-ended thread titles that could accommodate frequent updates or entries. Anyway, just some ideas to think about.

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Wow! Thanks Jeff! Brian showed me this and I was so flattered I don't know what to say! I suddenly feel like I'm famous!

Shelby!

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Hi LaDollyVita,

Thanks so much for the tip! I was wondering how I was going to do this, since Brian NEVER puts the camera down and I know he is going to want to post lots over the coming days. I'll have him look into it and as soon as he figures the details out we'll start a timeline!

Thanks again,
Shelby!

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Welcome, many here have similar experiences such as you have described, these Dolls can be an Anchor for your soul, as well as a way to brighten up your day.

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

I started a timeline topic for Shelby in Eye Candy, thinking that might be the best way to keep everything I post for her consolidated and easy to find, but after thinking about it and getting some feedback, I really think she should stay here. After all, her "genes" are WM and BCD, so what better place than among kindred spirits? So, I'm going to start a new thread here called "The Life and Times of Shelby", and I'll use it to post her ongoing photoshoots, what's happening in her life and so on.

See you there!

INFORMATIONS