Lissie and Lucy
Doll
Doll

Re: The Life and Times of Shelby

Post by Lissie and Lucy »

Hi Shelby

Just drop in to welcome you.
We love your clothes selection. :thumbs_up:
And ... OMG .... you have a lot to tell.

Regards,
The VD girls
Hugs and Kisses, Lissie, Lucy, Maja and Sarah, the VD girls.
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Lissie and Lucy wrote:Hi Shelby

Just drop in to welcome you.
We love your clothes selection. :thumbs_up:
And ... OMG .... you have a lot to tell.

Regards,
The VD girls

Hi Gals,

Thank you for the welcome! I guess I'm just not a flashy dresser - most of the time I'm just in something comfortable, like shorts, a well-worn denim mini or something like that, but now and then I do like to dress up. Today was a work day, though - we're starting to redo the floor in the dinning room so cut-offs seemed like the perfect choice!

Mrs Kireina 7892
Doll
Doll

Post by Mrs Kireina 7892 »

Wow Shelby , I can't believe I missed this post , you look stunning girl :D :D :D

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Thanks Kireina,

I'm glad you stopped by!

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Hi Everyone,

Things took a turn for the busy lately and haven't had much chance to post. Shelby will be posting some new pix shortly taken during our re-flooring project in the dinning room, but I wanted to share some info about my recent experiences in the hopes it might prove useful to someone. Just before our first week was over I started to notice some bumps and redness on my arms. It grew to encompass basically from the backs of my hand to above the elbow, and it was obvious that it was exactly where my arms had been wrapped around Shelby all night. To keep the story short I investigated everything, but the bottom line was Shelby was the only new thing in my life and routine that was different, and as Sherlock Holmes said, "When you have eliminated the impossible, then whatever is left - however improbable - must be the truth."
After several trips to the doc, along with antibiotics and other odds and ends (yes - it looked pretty bad at one point!) I realized it was absolutely my fault! She looked so clean and had no smell when she arrived, so I thought I was lucky and wasn't very thorough about her first washings, so I made a point of back-tracking and really giving her a once-over to make sure everything was off of her. Putting her in the shower was never an option - with my bad joints it would have be a disaster for both of us - so I used the method of laying her down, doing the front, rolling her over and doing the back, and so on. But that was kind of cumbersome, and today I decided to try something else, which I wanted to share.
I tried standing her up to wash, legs spread for access and arms out as well, leaning forward against my bedroom chest of drawers. I found I could reach all around her easily, and rather than surplus water pooling up around her on the bed or cot it simply ran down to the drop-cloth and was easy to remove. It was also kind of fun to run my hands up and down those legs in the process. I let her stand for a while afterwards to make sure she was totally dry and give her a chance to "evaporate" anything remaining, then powdered her in the same position, working from top to bottom. The only difference from washing was I did have to turn her around to do the front of her torso since I really couldn't get at it with the make-up brush. She was also in a great position to start dressing her again, and I only had to lay her down to get her pantyhose and shoes on.
Just thought I'd pass it along in case someone found it useful!

Later!
I still marvel at those long, slender legs!
I still marvel at those long, slender legs!
shelby_wash001.jpg (537.88 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

WARNING! WARNING! Danger Will Robinson!

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, but - you'll see why in a minute! Household tasks can be a killer if you aren't paying attention - We've been doing a remake of the dinning room, and up until yesterday it was a lot of fun. We're taking the carpet up and putting in a floating laminate floor... which is pretty cool except for breaking a nail as you can see in the first photo!
Broke a nail, but it was worth it for how nice the new floor looked so far.
Broke a nail, but it was worth it for how nice the new floor looked so far.
shelby_109.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
We've been protecting the new floor as we go with an area rug, and one of my jobs was to roll it up so we could work each day.
My hair kept falling in my face when I bent over to roll the rug!
My hair kept falling in my face when I bent over to roll the rug!
shelby_110.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
Once I had the rug out of the way, I happened to look up and saw all the crud on the ceiling fan blades! Guys just don't notice that stuff I guess! So, I pulled up a chair and (stupidly in hindsight!) started to climb up to clean it...
I'm a professional - don't try this at home!
I'm a professional - don't try this at home!
shelby_111.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
Unfortunately as soon as I stood up on the cushion and leaned over to reach the blade, gravity decided to screw with me, and over the chair went, dumping me onto the floor with my leg under me!
Well... maybe not so professional after all!
Well... maybe not so professional after all!
shelby_112.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 2135 times

I heard the "crack" before I felt it, but it really started to hurt and I knew I had done something major. My wrist also hurt where I landed on it, but not nearly as bad. I wanted to try ice and rest, but no... SOMEONE had to call the rescue squad! Well, by the time they got there I was glad he did.. at least they were really cute guys... and I was on my way to the E.R. Luckily my wrist was only sprained, but my leg was definitely broken, and when we finally got home late yesterday evening your's truly was in a cast from her toes to her hip! At least they let me pick the color and it matched my bracelets!
Yep!  Shelby has a broken leg!
Yep! Shelby has a broken leg!
shelby_114.jpg (3.18 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
At least I got lots of attention and sympathy, but it was really cold and clammy while the cast was still drying... you can see the damper spots are darker in this shot.
I wasn't feeling a thing with the good pills they gave me, but I sure looked pathetic!
I wasn't feeling a thing with the good pills they gave me, but I sure looked pathetic!
shelby_115.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
So today i was finally able to try my hand at using crutches... and since my wrist hurt they said to keep it wrapped up using the crutches.
Figured I might as well wear something short to show off my cast!
Figured I might as well wear something short to show off my cast!
shelby_116.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
It's harder than I thought, and when I goofed and put weight on my toes it hurt! What do you think, though... I look kind of sexy on crutches, don't I?!
Getting the hang of it.
Getting the hang of it.
shelby_117.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 2135 times
Now I have a new major goal in life - to get my cast completely filled with doodles and signatures before they cut it off! If anyone wants to sign it for me, just tell me what you want to write and where on the cast you want to write it, and I'll have Brian do it for me and take some photos before it comes off! And I don't think I'll be cleaning any more ceiling fans!
Help me fill up my cast!  Just tell me what you want to write and where you want to write it, and we'll add it!
Help me fill up my cast! Just tell me what you want to write and where you want to write it, and we'll add it!
shelby_118.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 2135 times

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Ohh nooo shelly! 8O

That is horrible. Are you sure it's broken? If so then you might need surgery. Not sure the cast alone will do :cry:
It's is a very pretty cast though :D I love everything pink :lol:

You can tell Brian to write.
"get better soon! With love,
/Emma"
And also draw a small heart next to it ;)

I would put it somewhere above the knee and on the side. but I'll let Brian pick the exact spot :D
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Alexandra
Doll
Doll
Location: Living at EBF's place, with Julie and the Ishino twins

Post by Alexandra »

Oooh. That is not good. I hope you will be OK soon.
I think it is custom for all your friends to sign the cast, but for us it would be hard to do so, since we live far away.

With Love,
Alexa
How I ended up here.
I have a Doll Album. There is also a thread of me, where pictures and stories of me can be found. And not to forget the thread where pictures and stories of my roommates and me are posted.

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Emma_p wrote:Ohh nooo shelly! 8O

That is horrible. Are you sure it's broken? If so then you might need surgery. Not sure the cast alone will do :cry:
It's is a very pretty cast though :D I love everything pink :lol:

You can tell Brian to write.
"get better soon! With love,
/Emma"
And also draw a small heart next to it ;)

I would put it somewhere above the knee and on the side. but I'll let Brian pick the exact spot :D
Hi Emma! Yep... broken, spiral fracture above the ankle, crack just below the knee where I landed on it and a few metatarsals in the instep (that's why my foot is pointed down!). I had my choice of pink, green or powder blue, and I went with the pink! We're kind of settled in on the sofa for the evening (I'm kinda liking all this attention a broken leg gets me!) with wine and a toe rub, so it isn't all bad... unless I bang it or step on it by mistake! I'll have Brian write your note on the cast first thing tomorrow and post a picture of it so you can see!

Holly2017
Doll
Doll

Post by Holly2017 »

Oh Shelby I hope it's going to be OK. So sorry to hear. And you are sexy even without the crutches. Don't be standing on anymore chairs. That even sounds dangerous. Put my name on you cast too. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Love Holly
6ye 150cm D-cup X19

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Alexandra wrote:Oooh. That is not good. I hope you will be OK soon.
I think it is custom for all your friends to sign the cast, but for us it would be hard to do so, since we live far away.

With Love,
Alexa
Thank you Alexa! I'll have Brian write "With Love, Alexa" on the cast for me so it will be like you were here to sign it!

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Holly2017 wrote:Oh Shelby I hope it's going to be OK. So sorry to hear. And you are sexy even without the crutches. Don't be standing on anymore chairs. That even sounds dangerous. Put my name on you cast too. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Love Holly
I will definitely put your note on my cast Holly! Thank you so much... and yes, from now on someone else can clean the ceiling fans!

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Hi Everyone! It was so weird getting up this morning... I was sound asleep, and all of a sudden I realized I couldn't move my leg! It took a minute for the fog to clear and remember I had broken it and was in a huge cast! Anyway, we got the names put on the cast from Emma, Holly and Alexa... here's the pix to show you where you "signed" it!
Alexa and Emma... outside of thigh!
Alexa and Emma... outside of thigh!
shelby_124.jpg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
Holly... top/inside of thigh!
Holly... top/inside of thigh!
shelby_125.jpg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
There's plenty of room left if anyone else wants to sign!
Brian also did a drawing of my "bone" to show where I broke it. Hard to believe you could do all that just falling off a chair! It would have been a much better story if I had broken it skiing the Alps or skydiving or something fun!
My breaks!  The little "X"s are the bones in my instep!
My breaks! The little "X"s are the bones in my instep!
shelby_126.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
We also did a few last night before settling in for some TV of my first attempts on crutches. Promise not to laugh too hard! I did a little "flashing" in one of them so you could see how high up the cast goes. Those crutches really tire you out, and it was nice to get back in the wheelchair and just relax watching TV for the rest of the evening.
I think the guy who put my cast on for me just wanted to see how much of my leg he could cover with plaster!
I think the guy who put my cast on for me just wanted to see how much of my leg he could cover with plaster!
shelby_119.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
I also noticed that using crutches tends to make short skater dresses even shorter when you're leaning over them!
I also noticed that using crutches tends to make short skater dresses even shorter when you're leaning over them!
shelby_120.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
I think my "photographer" was enjoying it a little too much... he kept sneaking behind me to take pix!
I think my "photographer" was enjoying it a little too much... he kept sneaking behind me to take pix!
shelby_121.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
Finally!  I get to sit down and relax!  Trying to move my leg around and find a comfortable position took a minute, though!
Finally! I get to sit down and relax! Trying to move my leg around and find a comfortable position took a minute, though!
shelby_122.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
That's better!  Legs propped up, watching TV and waiting for Brian to finish making my Black Russian cocktail for me!
That's better! Legs propped up, watching TV and waiting for Brian to finish making my Black Russian cocktail for me!
shelby_123.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2078 times
That's about it for now... catch ya next time!

TTTL,
Shelby :razz:

Alexandra
Doll
Doll
Location: Living at EBF's place, with Julie and the Ishino twins

Post by Alexandra »

You're remarkebly upbeat after just having suffered a broken leg and a broken arm.
The casting looks nice, with our wishes and signatures :) I'm sure the friends I'm living with will post their wishes here soon too.

I had to laugh at the picture where you can see written "toes" on the cast with an arrow pointing at the toes. :haha2: Did Brian put it there because he was afraid to put the cast the wrong way?
How I ended up here.
I have a Doll Album. There is also a thread of me, where pictures and stories of me can be found. And not to forget the thread where pictures and stories of my roommates and me are posted.

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Alexandra wrote:You're remarkebly upbeat after just having suffered a broken leg and a broken arm.
The casting looks nice, with our wishes and signatures :) I'm sure the friends I'm living with will post their wishes here soon too.

I had to laugh at the picture where you can see written "toes" on the cast with an arrow pointing at the toes. :haha2: Did Brian put it there because he was afraid to put the cast the wrong way?
Well, I figure I can either be upbeat about the new experience or grumble about it... and since it gets me lots of pampering here at home, I figure upbeat is the way to go! Besides, as it hurts less it's kind of fun in a way. As a kid I always wondered what it would be like to have a cast, and now I know! As I learned this morning, though, it can be quite a challenge sitting in a wheelchair with your leg in plaster up to your wazoo and trying to pull a tight miniskirt on! I still hate crutches, too - it's so hard to get used to and takes a lot of work. I can't wait until my leg is healed enough to trade this cast in for a walking cast so I don't need them anymore. I think he put the "TOES" there to remind me not to keep whacking them into things... unfortunately it didn't work 'cos I keep doing it! It's hard to remember that your leg doesn't bend or fit into places anymore! I'll be looking forward to adding your friends to the cast - there is still so much blank plaster to fill in!
Uhhh... a little help here?  This is hard to do!
Uhhh... a little help here? This is hard to do!
shelby_127.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 2062 times
Whew!  Finally got the skirt on!  No thanks to my photographer, though, who just kept smiling and clicking away!
Whew! Finally got the skirt on! No thanks to my photographer, though, who just kept smiling and clicking away!
shelby_128.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 2062 times
TTYL,
Shelby! :razz:

INFORMATIONS