www.the-doll-house.com

A few concerns/questions before 1st purchase

The-Doll-House is a UK retailer of Premium quality, photorealistic, kinaesthetically convincing, high-end, luxury Silicone and TPE Sex/Love dolls, delivered to all Continents. All responsibility for EU Import Duty and Customs & Excise costs are assumed by The-Doll-House. No hidden costs incurred with purchases from The-Doll-House. Some of the best UK Sex Doll prices can be found at The-Doll-House. We are waiting for you!
Luxxa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

A few concerns/questions before 1st purchase

Post by Luxxa »

Greetings,

I am interested in purchasing a doll from the-doll-house.com website but I have a few concerns/questions to ask first if you don't mind.

- I liked the photos of the doll 'Amarantha' and would like to know what accessories does she come with (set of clothes, etc.).
- Is it bad if I can only store her standing (with the solid feet option)? I don't have room to store her lying down.
- If I order her from the website, will I get it shipped to me (and inspected) from the UK? I ask this because I live inside the EU and do not wish to pay customs, and don't want it shipped to me from outside the union.
- And finally, and more importantly, I am from within the EU, and I just read here on the forum a post that states "No photos of any dolls that may be perceived as under 18 regardless of manufacturer's stated age are allowed".
Now this worries me, could this particular model be considered 'young looking'? She is obviously small, but that's due to the fact that I don't enough room for a bigger one, and they are more expensive. I don't even know if purchasing this could get me in trouble (legal), and I obviously won't buy if that's the case, so I thought I should ask before purchasing.

Thank you

symmes

Re: A few concerns/questions before 1st purchase

Post by symmes »

Luxxa wrote:I am interested in purchasing a doll from the-doll-house.com website but I have a few concerns/questions to ask first if you don't mind.
I'm in the US and bought my doll from Booty Call Dolls, so I can't say much about the Doll House specifically; however....
- I liked the photos of the doll 'Amarantha' and would like to know what accessories does she come with (set of clothes, etc.).
I checked the site, and Amarantha is a WM 140cm A-cup, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure what head that is (maybe #15?). Be aware that you can usually mix-and-match heads and bodies, so if you're primarily drawn to the head but prefer another body, or vice-versa, you should speak to your vendor about that.

As to accessories, you should contact the vendor. Most come standard with a "random" item of clothing (likely not what's pictured in the photos), one (or sometimes two) inserts if you choose an insert-style vagina, a pair of white gloves, an irrigator for cleaning holes, and not much else. Most vendors offer additional items at extra cost, like a maintenance kit (comb, stain remover, glue, etc.), extra outfits, extra wigs, etc. I don't see much on the Doll House site about such items (except for TPE solvent/glue), so you should definitely ask them if you want such things. Most of these items you can get elsewhere, often for less than a doll vendor will charge. (A 140cm doll might require children's-size clothing, though, which will limit your options for things like lingerie.)
- Is it bad if I can only store her standing (with the solid feet option)? I don't have room to store her lying down.
Provided you get a model with the standing-feet option, storing the doll vertically should be OK. Note that a standing doll may not be entirely stable, so it's best to lean her against a wall, preferably with some foam or a pillow to cushion her contact with the wall. (Prolonged contact with a solid object will tend to deform a doll's TPE.)
- And finally, and more importantly, I am from within the EU, and I just read here on the forum a post that states "No photos of any dolls that may be perceived as under 18 regardless of manufacturer's stated age are allowed".
Now this worries me, could this particular model be considered 'young looking'? She is obviously small, but that's due to the fact that I don't enough room for a bigger one, and they are more expensive. I don't even know if purchasing this could get me in trouble (legal), and I obviously won't buy if that's the case, so I thought I should ask before purchasing.
I think it's best if I defer to UK-based posters on this one. (I'm assuming UK, given the vendor; if that's incorrect, that detail may be important.) Note that the forum's rules and the laws and import procedures for your country are largely independent, so what's OK for one may not be OK for the other, and vice-versa. There are some current threads about import problems with small dolls into the UK, so you may want to check them out.

Luxxa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Luxxa »

Thank you for the kind and helpful response!
I have sent the website staff a mail with this post, so maybe they can help out with some of the points you mentioned.
symmes wrote:I think it's best if I defer to UK-based posters on this one. (I'm assuming UK, given the vendor; if that's incorrect, that detail may be important.) Note that the forum's rules and the laws and import procedures for your country are largely independent, so what's OK for one may not be OK for the other, and vice-versa. There are some current threads about import problems with small dolls into the UK, so you may want to check them out.
About this last important question, I got concerned after finding out a link to a news story of a man in canada that was arrested for ordering a doll from japan I think. I don't know what kind of standards they have for these things, is it the size of the doll? The clothes? Tha face? The breast size? I obviously don't want anything that could give me trouble so I'm not sure what sort of detail on the dolls I should avoid or watch out for. But given I'm ordering from an UK store to a EU country I don't know if this is even a problem (no customs check or import tax).

symmes

Post by symmes »

Luxxa wrote:About this last important question, I got concerned after finding out a link to a news story of a man in canada that was arrested for ordering a doll from japan I think. I don't know what kind of standards they have for these things, is it the size of the doll? The clothes? Tha face? The breast size? I obviously don't want anything that could give me trouble so I'm not sure what sort of detail on the dolls I should avoid or watch out for. But given I'm ordering from an UK store to a EU country I don't know if this is even a problem (no customs check or import tax).
Most vendors place orders with the factory (Jinsan, in this case) in China for delivery direct to the customer (you). Thus, the customs path is from China to whatever your country is. If that's not the UK, then the fact that the vendor is located there has little relevance, AFAIK. Some vendors offer a path through them (IIRC, Doll Studio, in Germany, offers this, either as an option or standard). If you happen to be in the vendor's country, or one with simplified customs transfers with the vendor's country, this might be beneficial if you're concerned about customs problems. Having the vendor receive the doll also means that the vendor can inspect it for defects and damage. I don't happen to know if The Doll House offers such a service; but if you're not in the UK, I don't know if it would be a plus, a minus, or neutral from a customs point of view.

One big issue in the UK seems to be the size (height) of the doll, but UK-based members are more knowledgeable about this than I am. Dolls are normally shipped nude, with clothes in a bag. If you're not in the UK, UK import issues would not apply to you unless you buy from a UK vendor who imports the dolls to the UK and them sends them on to you.

If the user haremlover doesn't post to this thread, you might consider sending him a PM, since he's been active on the UK customs threads and seems quite knowledgeable. You need five posts before you can send a PM, though.

curious dave

Post by curious dave »

hi
i have just recently ordered my first doll from doll house wm 160
i had concerns about import and delivery what i do know is that the doll house has the doll sent directly to them,and they will check the doll to make sure everything's ok and then they will send it by courier it to your destination.

Luxxa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Luxxa »

curious dave wrote:hi
i have just recently ordered my first doll from doll house wm 160
i had concerns about import and delivery what i do know is that the doll house has the doll sent directly to them,and they will check the doll to make sure everything's ok and then they will send it by courier it to your destination.
Ah thanks, that's good. I was now worried they would ship it to me directly from china, and that would not work for me.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Hi and Welcome Luxxa. Please find this topic http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 useful for finding your way around and some handy tips for posting on doll forum.

No doubt Dees Man will pop buy and say G'day as the friendly welcomewagon moderator too...Also...can you refrain from further editing of your original post...it gets hard to keep track of...thanks. :D

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

And WELCOME!

Someone messaged me drawing attention to this thread - thanks so much.

Phil at The Doll House is very conscientious and will not sell any under age doll.

I have a friend who has in recent months married a Japanese girl of 21 years old. This doll does not look younger. So much is a matter of opinion and so arbitrary that it's inappropriate to legislate about and probably why no such legislation can exist. When we're talking about a doll we're not talking about a human and we might speculate how old she might be if she were a human. A human has an age in years and that can be legislated. How old a doll might be were she to be a human can only be a matter for the Thought Police. A doll is a doll as an inanimate lump of rubber cannot be considered to be a human.

When I was young I kept peacocks. Unfortunately the male preferred to display to a plastic bucket rather than his wives. Should that mean that plastic buckets be seized being contrary to avian morality?

Provided, as is reported above, Phil at The Doll House is importing into England and then sending to an address in the EU, there is no trade or customs barrier in trade between EU countries - yet.

As mentioned above a standing doll can be stored standing and two of my ladies sleep standing up leaning against a wall.

On the UK forum http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... php?t=9334
OK I've had a mad period and picked up a 125cm Estelle from siliconesexdoll.co.uk as an alternative to being a pest to my wife all of the time. I have to say that I'm less than impressed with the service so far as half of the kit is missing, the wheeled flight case isn't and the pink wig is half pink and half brown. I should probably have done a lot more research first but then I would probably not have dived in at all Description: http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... s/wink.gif I suspect that the body supplied is actually a JY Doll but perhaps someone can clarify that from http://www.siliconesexdoll.co.uk/pro...estelle-125cm/ ? My problem is that the head does seem to be a little small against the body, and is listed against 100cm bodies on other sites. I had to compromise between size and money available otherwise I would have gone with a 140cm doll ... the same height as my wife ... and clothing may be less of a problem. Fitting the head there seems to be far too much material on the neck so I can't get the threaded section to tighten up. I'm a good 1cm adrift and the neck is starting to bulge out. So should I be looking to return what is not as actually ordered, or am I simply in need of a little help from someone who can point me in the right direction?
The writer of the above post on the UK Forum states that his wife is only 140cm high and from the circumstances described is clearly not the sort of person that the morality police are trying to seek and persecute as xxxxophile. The writer states the reason of not being able to afford a larger doll for purchasing a doll of only 125cm in stature.

I have made representations about this http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p1031929 and would hope that all with the opportunity to do so educate customs officers to life as it is rather than as newspapers want to manufacture and pinhead people want to petition about.

Best wishes

Harem

The-Doll-House
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by The-Doll-House »

Luxxa wrote:Greetings,

I am interested in purchasing a doll from the-doll-house.com website but I have a few concerns/questions to ask first if you don't mind.

- If I order her from the website, will I get it shipped to me (and inspected) from the UK? I ask this because I live inside the EU and do not wish to pay customs, and don't want it shipped to me from outside the union.

Thank you
Hi Luxxa,

I believe that I first caught up with this, in the email you sent me, but for sake of clarity on the forum, I'll address those points here also.

For Amarantha (or most of the WM-range) there is a pink slip/night dress with matching thong to get you going 'out-of-the-box' as it were, but there is little else. We have the care pack as standard with the dolls: handling gloves, comb, douche, and as customs always remove the stain remover, we have recently started re-adding it to the pack when we perform the doll check.

You can stand a doll with stand-up feet for long periods of time. Although you may see creases start to form, where the shin meets the foot - main reason for this is the 'natural' position for that part of the doll, is with a slightly extended foot. A bit of warmth and massage should relieve the doll of any creases.

All orders through The-Doll-House are delivered to The-Doll-House in order to ensure that we can check for, and correct any enthusiastic damage from Customs and transit. It also ensure that we pay all import duty and VAT to Customs prior to receiving the doll.
Once complete, we will contact the customer for an agreed approximate delivery date, and work with that date with regards to the courier.

The Amarantha Doll - A WM- 140cm Small Breast Head #57 - while described as the small breast version of the doll, the breasts are actually a bit more true to life for an adult female (as opposed to the large breasted D-cup model).
Is it the fact that these breasts are smaller than we are used to seeing in dolls, that we fear being branded perverts, for having a harmless doll?
The height should not be of issue. I have had a good number of relationships with women of that height.

We have sold many dolls of this body type, and have encountered no issues with BorderForce - and they open all of our deliveries before we get them - BorderForce tape all over the box.
You are indeed wise to ask, before committing a large sum of money like this.
Legally there is nothing to brand this product as obscene.

Harem has indicated to the issues with BorderForce, and they seem to be acting without clear direction, and so do seem to be acting upon the idea that anyone who has a doll seized, will be to embarrassed to stand-up in court to fight this.
We, on the other hand are not.
We take customer satisfaction seriously, and will take any seizures of The-Doll-House orders, to court for resolution. Hopefully it would not come to that, as Harem has demonstrated that BorderForce can be reasoned with, but if needs be,,,

We do have/had an official enquiry regarding the legality of sex dolls with the Home Office, who recently (after pestering) replied, saying that the matter had been forwarded to the Ministry of Justice on the 4th of Jan. So I'll give them a couple of days, so the 20 working days are over, and I'll hassle them for a response. Fingers crossed.

Please let us know if you've any questions, and we will help you in any way that we can.
Kind Regards,

Phil

The-Doll-House
https://www.the-doll-house.com
Buy Sex Dolls, Beautiful Full-Size & Fully Move-able, Just For You!

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

Hi Luxxa,

I just got my doll yesterday and it was shipped to me within the UK, no hassle with customs here and it was very smooth and arrived within 3 weeks of my date of purchase.

Phil will take care of you and make it as easy as possible.

Luxxa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Luxxa »

Thanks for the replies everyone!
One final question, to anyone who has a wmdoll with a fixed vs insert: what is better?
Phil sent me some pictures (thanks!) and they looks similar, but I can see how the insert version is much more convenient, but still, I'm not sure. I like realism in terms of looks (for photography).

Finally, can someone link me a TPA doll care guide/thread?

Thanks again

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

I cant say what is better but the insert is definitely more convenient, as you just have to take out the insert and clean it instead of possibly having to bring the whole doll to the bathroom to clean.

The insert is also harder than i expected to put in, but a good tip i found to make it really easy is to apply vaseline inside the vaginal canal with abit of water based lube. Then put abit of baby oil outside of the insert before putting it in the canal.

The insert will be inside the doll anyway so you cant see the insert unless you spread her wide of course.

This is a good guide i read before i purchased.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77364

symmes

Post by symmes »

Pip-Doll88 wrote:I cant say what is better but the insert is definitely more convenient, as you just have to take out the insert and clean it instead of possibly having to bring the whole doll to the bathroom to clean.
I've also got an insert. I can't compare it to a built-in since I don't have one of those; but the ability to remove it for cleaning was why I went that route. (In fact, it's pretty much necessary to remove it for cleaning, since it's strongly recommended against leaving the insert installed for an extended period.) For me, the big drawback to the insert is that lubing it up as Pip-Doll88 describes (which is how I do it, too) results in lots of oil on my hands, which I dislike and so have to go wash off. Maybe there's a better way to handle that, though. (Rubber gloves, perhaps? I'm still new to doll ownership and so have yet to experiment much with such possibilities.)
Pip-Doll88 wrote:This is a good guide i read before i purchased.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77364
That's pretty much the best thread on the subject, AFAIK. Read the first few pages, then skim the rest; there's a lot of repetition, but still a few useful tips, later in the thread.

Another one, which isn't as long, is:

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 67&t=72826

When the two conflict (which is rare), I'd go with the one that Pip-Doll88 referenced; it's newer and has advice from Indigo20, who seems to be the forum's greatest authority on TPE.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

As a chemist..yep..I would agree, has marketed a great product for tpe repair that had been missing,...but as a TPE tech...I can think of a few more experienced technicians...the real art is in the execution of the repair...as instructions only go so far...then technique and expertise takes over 8)

Have a look at the text under members under Avatars...this can also assist :whistle:

Have a good read, rather than a skim over the tpe repair and maint topics...you will figure it out....otherwise I am just duplicating posts.

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

haremlover wrote:When I was young I kept peacocks. Unfortunately the male preferred to display to a plastic bucket rather than his wives. Should that mean that plastic buckets be seized being contrary to avian morality?
This reminds me of an amusing tale. When Harriers (aircraft, not birds) were deployed to the Falklands male penguins found them extremely attractive. In fact the entire male population of a certain colony would gather at the end of the runway to await the next take-off. I even heard that as the Harrier overflew them most of the male penguins would fall over in complete ecstasy. The overall effect of this behaviour was absolutely disastrous for the colony's fortunes, what with all the lady penguins being ignored, abandoned and neglected.

... And I never did hear what happened next. Does anyone know?

:D

INFORMATIONS