www.passiondolls.com

Silicone vs. TPE

Passion Dolls is a USA-based seller and manufacturer of realistic love dolls. We offer our clients the highest quality doll at competitive prices. When you buy from us, you are not just buying a doll, but you are buying into a membership that gives you great benefit including but not limited to better discount on future purchase. Our large selection of TPE and silicone dolls along with our own exclusive line of dolls provides our clients with more choices, more options and exclusivity that cannot be found elsewhere. We extensively focus on quality control and all our dolls are inspected and photographed before shipping. In addition, as a USA-based company, we are able to provide more payment options and payment of local currency in some countries. With hundreds of happy customers worldwide, your purchase with us can’t go wrong. For more information about us please check us out at: Website: www.passiondolls.com
abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Silicone vs. TPE

Post by abracadabra »

I have both and they both have their attributes and their downsides. Tpe feels far more realistic but their joints are cheaply finished, so repairs to the skin are more likely to happen.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

lovingdolz

Post by lovingdolz »

i owned a RD years ago and she tore to shreds....but it was years ago when they were starting out. I just got a tpe from Silidoll, and she is strong. I still would like to see a doll that is softer than her though...very firm. But for the money she seems to be fine. Joints are hard to move.

radio22222
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by radio22222 »

Is there any way to get a list of the chemicals used by a manufacturer in their
TPE or silicone for a particular doll? I'm thinking about skin sensitivities and allergies.

blacksmith
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blacksmith »

Platinum grade silicone is "medical" grade. Which means hypoallergenic. It is very safe on your skin. TPE, I cannot say. You'd have to ask someone with more knowledge.

BS
I can find the area under the curve, but I can't find my car in a parking lot!

I was once told "that's not possible", so I went out and did the impossible.

I fell in love with a doll...

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

With TPE there have been the unlucky few cases of members having an allergic skin reaction to a doll at first. It is quite rare but it does depend on your body's sensitivity to chemicals. TPE is basically made using aromatic hydrocarbons, which is what you can smell when they arrive. The longer they are exposed to the air these hydrocarbons gradually get released. Factory fresh dolls need that airing. If the smell is very strong then give them lots of washes first and leave them naked in a room with the windows open!

Using the babyoil/Vaseline treatment replaces these oils. The TPE is therefore not toxic but the chemicals used to make it can affect the body sometimes. It's like latex gloves - some people just can't wear them as they affect their skin.

The good news is that most members who have this condition have found over time the doll does realease these chemicals and they no longer have a reaction to them. If you are unlucky and have this sensitivity then body stockings are the way to go at first until your skin can tolerate it.

As I said above, this is RARE but it can happen. However, a few years ago some TPE dolls did have a bad reputation particularly at the cheaper end of the market. They contained phthalates I believe which is not good (perhaps someone can confirm) which is why most reputable doll makers cleaned up their act and it is usually stated that the dolls are medically safe! You can trust all vendors and manufacturers here to be selling safe dolls but it may not apply to the ripoff cheap end of the market!

My two pennies worth here if it helps!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Lahfan1970

Post by Lahfan1970 »

:deadhorse:

Two cents: I bought a beautiful new Silicone doll after buying several (new and used) TPE dolls, and resold her pretty quickly. Silicone has a nice "touch" feel, and the look is fantastic (perfect for a photo model) but the overall experience turned me off.

When spanking an ass, TPE provides a wonderful SMACK. Silicone.. THUD.

Oh, and apparently the Koreans are using TPE now, not just the Chinese.

But again... :deadhorse: :roll:

mandingo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mandingo »

Well this was an interesting thread
Dolls dolls doll!!

Follow the dolls on Xvideos:

And on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bombshellbarbiedollz/
https://www.instagram.com/shantaedoll69/

blacksmith
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blacksmith »

This topic has been in other areas of the forum since TPE dolls hit the market. Might as well have more goofy pointless threads like "cat vs. dog" or "is anal better than vaginal with a doll?"... "NATO vs. Com Bloc", etc.

BS
I can find the area under the curve, but I can't find my car in a parking lot!

I was once told "that's not possible", so I went out and did the impossible.

I fell in love with a doll...

INFORMATIONS