www.passiondolls.com

Silicone vs. TPE

Passion Dolls is a USA-based seller and manufacturer of realistic love dolls. We offer our clients the highest quality doll at competitive prices. When you buy from us, you are not just buying a doll, but you are buying into a membership that gives you great benefit including but not limited to better discount on future purchase. Our large selection of TPE and silicone dolls along with our own exclusive line of dolls provides our clients with more choices, more options and exclusivity that cannot be found elsewhere. We extensively focus on quality control and all our dolls are inspected and photographed before shipping. In addition, as a USA-based company, we are able to provide more payment options and payment of local currency in some countries. With hundreds of happy customers worldwide, your purchase with us can’t go wrong. For more information about us please check us out at: Website: www.passiondolls.com
lvjtn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Silicone vs. TPE

Post by lvjtn »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Is she soft to the touch and easy to handle? Did you go for insert or fixed?
yes, she's soft, but fortunately it doesn't mean she would be floppy, her tits are stiff like young girls have, but still soft to touch. and her shape is really mindblowing :)

and i chose insert, because of the cleaning issue. fortunately yl doll builds the realistic labia onto the body, so the insert is comletely hidden, you can't say it's not a built-in

besides the well known disadvantages of the tpe (what i think are managable with a proper maintenance), her weight is what you need to think about. it's 31kg and can be too much if your back is not 100% healthy

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Thanks Ivjtn, it's the weight that is worrying me a little! The DS145 minus is only 18kg and, although only 10cm shorter, is a much smaller body.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

haremlover wrote:It's really amazing to see the passion of passion-dolls.

I thought they were just a vendor, not actually going beyond that into manufacture. This is exciting!

Best wishes

Harem
Thank you Harem, we try to do our best to distinguish ourselves as a vendor/manufacturer.
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering
BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED & TRUSTED SOURCE! - PASSION DOLLS

***** IF YOU HAVE NOT CHECK OUT PASSION DOLLS YOU ARE MISSING OUT *****

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT
USA Vendor/Manufacturer. Hundreds of happy customers worldwide and growing!

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

@ hollows+fentiman and lvjtn: thanks for the sharing of your doll experience. Can you both tell us when you buy your doll?
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT

lvjtn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lvjtn »

PassionDolls wrote:Can you both tell us when you buy your doll?
i decided to get a doll in april, g**gled a lot, found this forum, read a lot, and visited the sites of the vendors and manufacturers and compared the models what i liked. purchased her on 27th july, and received her three days before, so i'm a happy honeymooner now :)

i'm very grateful for this site, there are so many useful hints, photos, stories here, and also a very supportive community

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hi PD, I'm just waiting for my candy8teen doll to come before I make a choice. I currently have two (broken) DS mini dolls and have been looking at other dolls for a while. I think my biggest issue will be weight. I would have to use stairs to get to a bathroom and I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to do much regular carrying of probably above 25kg! That's why I started with the minis as they're only 12kg! I really don't think I could handle 30kg without her staying almost permanently in my bed!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

ttdjderek2

Post by ttdjderek2 »

[youtube][/youtuhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaYwzaTYAPUbe] Maybe this will clear up some things

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hi ttdjderek2! Sorry, the link doesn't work!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

dollman158
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dollman158 »

I decided on silicone because TPE is a porous material (meaning it has pores that can harbor bacteria), I was concerned about mold in a humid environment. Very happy with my Sanhui 165+!!!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

ttdjderek2 wrote:[youtube][/youtuhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaYwzaTYAPUbe] Maybe this will clear up some things
This is a clever forum software which requires only the reference such as oaYwzaTYAPUbe to be inserted between the quotes

Best wishes

Harem

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

dollman158 wrote:I decided on silicone because TPE is a porous material (meaning it has pores that can harbor bacteria), I was concerned about mold in a humid environment. Very happy with my Sanhui 165+!!!
Sanhui is a good doll :-). Not sure if you read the whole thread (I know it is long) but someone post a silicone doll with mold on it. In order for mold to grow it need the right environment and not necessarily the material. If the environment is ripe, it will grow. If it does not have any humidity or it is cool it will not grow. Mold can grow on anything, it more depends on the environment than the material. I wrote it somewhere on this thread, not sure if you read it and post a link to another site for more info.
ImageImageImage

robbyd
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by robbyd »

TPE is good because it is affordable and soft.
Silicone is good because it is more durable and is safer and easier to clean as it is not as porous as TPE.
Both have their PROS and CONS.
I have had dolls with both materials and enjoy them both. Just more options for us doll lovers!!

tubee
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubee »

Personally, I've found that platinum silicone tears much easier than TPE and I'm not hard on my dolls. Perhaps doll size has something to do with it but I've seen similar tears on larger silicone dolls. Silicone creases over time and it's permanent. TPE tends to spring back into its original shape if given the chance. TPE chafes. I didn't notice silicone chaffing. Both types of dolls are a job to clean but that's part of the responsibility of having a doll. It's also a way of expressing my care and concern for my dolls.
ImageImagePatti and Nikki have many sisters here on TDF

ttdjderek2

Post by ttdjderek2 »

I think you are correct Tubee. My first dolls, back in 2007 were silicone and they tore very easily. Since then I have gone to TPE, because it stretches a lot. This prevents tearing and creasing. I can't speak for newer silicone, but the newer TPE in awesome material. I shower with my doll, then powder her and this works perfectly. So far, no stains from any clothing yet.

Doc Brown
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doc Brown »

I got TPE because of price and it was my first doll.
A training doll, if you will :lol:

She is soft but sometimes a little TOO soft. I think my next doll will be silicone.
Even with the points made in George's video, I think silicone offers a more realistic "resistance" when pressure
is put upon it.
Also, TPE is indeed a porous material and difficult to clean.

Unfortunately, the only real way to make a decision is to have one of each and compare.
Not always a practical solution!

INFORMATIONS