www.passiondolls.com

Silicone vs. TPE

Passion Dolls is a USA-based seller and manufacturer of realistic love dolls. We offer our clients the highest quality doll at competitive prices. When you buy from us, you are not just buying a doll, but you are buying into a membership that gives you great benefit including but not limited to better discount on future purchase. Our large selection of TPE and silicone dolls along with our own exclusive line of dolls provides our clients with more choices, more options and exclusivity that cannot be found elsewhere. We extensively focus on quality control and all our dolls are inspected and photographed before shipping. In addition, as a USA-based company, we are able to provide more payment options and payment of local currency in some countries. With hundreds of happy customers worldwide, your purchase with us can’t go wrong. For more information about us please check us out at: Website: www.passiondolls.com
james 1966
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Silicone vs. TPE

Post by james 1966 »

CF, it's not 'lemony' scented like real lemons...it's like lemon scented bathroom cleaner if you know what I mean. This TPE stuff leaches oil like crazy, and it's big time sticky and tacky to the touch. You have to reapply corn starch pretty much every time you come in contact with the doll. Those oils just grab anything that has any dye in it whatsoever. The red stain on the ankle of the doll came from a red pearly ankle bracelet. Granted, it was Dollar Store costume jewelry but still, who would have thought that could leave a stain? Couple that with a broken hip joint within the first hour of posing the doll, I got stuck with a lemon scented lemon. Look, I've had some fun banging this doll but I'm not as enthused as some folks on here. Silicone for me next time.

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

Bummer on the hip joint breaking. I'd blame WM on that. My dolls hip joint is freakishly tight and I'm always worried it's going to break whenever I need to move it. I didn't even get a sheet on the motion ranges. Although maybe it did and customs took it, who knows.

I've always wondered if the silicone dolls have a scent themselves.

I guess I was used to the smell from other sex toys already so it never bothered me. I suppose rubbery-lemony bathroom cleaner is somewhat close to the smell indeed.

James are you using a scented powder? It might help dull the smell. Though it probably won't ever completely mask it up close.

My dolls just under a month old now and she doesn't seem to leak much oil anymore (on my bed sheets at least). I do need to repowder her fairly often though. If I don't she gets tiiiny cuts/abrasions probably from me rolling around in my sleep. :sleeping: No major damages yet, but I wish her skin was a bit more durable personally.

How long have you had the doll?

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Just FYI,
My all first doll ordered 2012 also leached oil after a few days and a sticky and tacky touch was the result on everything which had contact with the doll's skin.
This was the main reason that I sold this doll body because it was too messy and not that easy to remove the stain from the furniture upholstery and garments.
This odorless platinum silicone was very soft and prone to tears. The second doll body who came from the same manufacturer was completely different and 'carefree', no oil leaching and a more resistant silicone blend with the same softness.

- SF -

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Woah! Do you want to say what type of doll this was as that sounds like a bad mix of silicone. The platinum ones now I think have improved immensely over the last couple of years.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

james 1966
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james 1966 »

I've had the doll for 2 weeks now. I really HATE the fingers on this doll. They almost seem like an afterthought, like they said, 'Hey Yin, don't we need some fingers on the doll'?...'Oh shit, that's right...i'll just run some small thin wires up through some really wiggly, wimpy TPE molded fingers and call it good'. You know what they remind me of? A rubber worm you go fishing for largemouth Bass with. They end up bent and distorted in all types of unnatural positions. I have to hide the hands when I'm having my way with the doll or I lose my erection when I see the poor, disfigured, special needs hands.

SexTypeThing
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SexTypeThing »

Manufactures still experimenting with materials, skeletons, etc and we are paying for their trial and error, that's why I rather expending a few bucks on a TPE doll rather than those oily hard erasers, throwing more than $6,000 for a piece of rubber that is going to break in less than a year it doesn't make any sense. Silicone or TPE manufactures still in diapers, now they said that their new silicone formula is more softer and they dare to say that is almost soft as TPE, maybe making the silicone more softer makes the doll less durable. Maybe in 10 years Doll makers will find a material that is going to be more durable in the crotch or hard stress areas but for now just cry to yourself, There is nothing that we can do, Is like everything else, you buy a car and if it breaks you cannot return it either.
Think or see the doll as an appliance in your home, use it carefully and then sell it before it breaks.

Sit tight.

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

There has been a lot of interesting inputs on this topic on both side. For those that do not want to read everything here is a a little cliff note on this topic:

Cliff note and quick summary:

Topic was to have members tell me what they like or don’t like about the TPE or silicone doll they have. If they have both would they consider one better than the other.

In summary, there are BOTH the pros and cons of each TPE and silicone (not surprising). Base on the feedback here it suggest that there is not a clear consensus as to which is better. No doubt some will stick with TPE while other will go with silicone.

Some key points arise during this discussion:

1)Some people lump quality of their TPE or silicone doll to the quality of the skeleton. This is misleading. A bad skeleton does not correlate to the quality of the material. However, I understand their frustration with the skeleton, but that has nothing to do with the material. So by saying “TPE doll is bad because they don't have wire fingers” has nothing to do with the material. Understandably, cause a majority of TPE doll sold here are from Jinsan/WM so almost all skeleton for TPE are the same, while there are lots more independent silicone doll company so different skeleton.

2)Some review given on this thread was related to doll that members have purchase years ago. You cannot compare a TPE/Silicone doll two years ago verse the same doll made today. It is obvious, innovation occur through the year and they are getting better.

In addition to the material, their skeleton has also significantly improved. While it is not perfect (it never will be), it is a lot better. As an example, some TPE doll owner with older model were complaining the doll that they purchase a few years ago did not have finger wire or flexible wrist. Below is an example of the old skeleton vs. the new one.

and here for those who say that there is no finger wire and can't grip. Check this doll holding my Dr. Pepper:

So just to fair, you cannot say that the doll you purchase two years ago or even a year ago is the same as the doll that is made today.

I have been very vocal about this and at times has try to explain to people. Unfortunately a lot of people ignore the fact. I understand, that if you buy a bad product once, you will not do it again. But you should not tell or say that the same doll that you have that is made today is bad because you experience with the product years ago. Very often this occur throughout the forum and for that members are not getting accurate information. Showing pictures of the same doll you purchase two years ago and making assumption that if someone buy this doll today that is what they will get is the biggest misleading information we can give to any members.

For this reason alone, and unfortunately, it has not been fair to some manufacturer and they are still being label as making “bad product” since the only review we have about them is from dolls that they sold years ago. At Passion Dolls you can see we promote many dolls from many companies including exclusive dolls from our own. We test each one out and listen to our customer feedback. If we find something wrong, we’ll let the manufacture know so they can fix it (and find out if they will fix it). Our review on product that we promote is based on CURRENT review from ourselves or our customers and not based on past experience.

So to all of you who give review, please let us know when you made your purchase and to all of you who read reviews don’t rely too much on that review if no time was given when that doll was purchase. In short, ***TIME IS ESSENTIAL TO ANY REVIEWS***.

3)As another vendor BCD was discussing with me, I could not agree more with BCD who indicated that you get what you paid for. Don’t expect a $7K quality doll for the price of $2K.

4)A pro to one material can actually be a con to another. For example, some people greatly emphasize that make up etc., on silicone does not fade or fade a lot slower. That may be a pro to silicone to some. Well, not necessarily to others. If you accidentally stain your doll on a TPE it will eventually go away, so no biggie (without cleaning it). It also will eventually fade if you use a black marker to write on the body (but a bit longer). If you accidentally stain your silicone doll, it will be a lot harder and longer to make it goes away.

Makeup fade, big deal, you can change makeup and put on new makeup. It not that difficult (just trial and error). If you stain your doll on material that is hard to remove them, well you might got a bigger problem.

The same is true the other way around. So it really depends what is important to you, as no material is perfect.

5)As seen from this discussion there is no consensus to agree upon which material is better. Some like TPE and others like silicone. Manufacturer should try to improve both material, but they should no try to make TPE more like silicone and silicone more like TPE.

Other things and off-topics I would like to mention

Mold - regarding mold, BCD did mention a valid point to me. Whose fault is it that mold grow on their doll? Mold grow on anything including silicone (as seen on the photo from above post) and not just TPE. Give me a break for those who say simply because TPE is more porous it is more likely to grow mold. Any doll (or even your underwear), silicone or TPE will grow mold if you do not take care of it or put it in the right environment.

So if you are not turning on your air conditioning cold enough during the summer or your house is leaking water you are creating an environment for mold to grow. Here is a quote from http://blackmold.awardspace.com/prevent-mold.html

"Mold generally does not grow in cold environments. Warm, humid conditions are ideal for mold growth. Most molds need temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius) or more to grow."

Got it?

Detail/Freckles - There is not much difference between between the two material, but there is no denying that silicone doll have superior detailing than TPE doll, thus giving the perception that silicone is of higher quality. For silicone doll manufacturer, they generally are more expensive, not just because due to material, but also because of the quality of the crafting, styling and detailing. Silicone doll manufacture (most but not all) appears to have more experience “artist” on hand for detailing the doll. It also take a lot more time to get your silicone doll than TPE.

I feel that TPE manufacturer focus too much on pushing out as many doll as possible and as fast as they can. When I asked for example to have them try the freckle, they refused, saying they are too afraid to try it and it too time consuming. So you can see there, this is an issue. But since we have been making doll now, we have been pushing for changes (and we have). For instance, when making Krissy, you have no idea, how hard it is to tell them to make the butt bigger. Initially, they think we are out of our mind and say that it will not sell well. Nothing personal, just cultural difference. So it take time for them to digest and understand. Before then they will not make a butt that big I was told and I have to keep telling the sculp to “make it bigger man”. Finally when the ass pop out 38” I’m satisfy.

Also, one other point on detailing. The color of the skin is key. The darker the skin the more detail will show up. That is why the “Nava” doll has a lot of detail. While texture does play an important role, the skin color is equally important so is the lighting during photography. See below example of same hand with different skin color/lighting.

So you can have all the texture you want, but without the right skin tone and lighting, it is useless. I always recommended my client buy doll with tan color. Even if they want natural color, I suggest a light tan instead. With this the doll will looks like it has more detail, thus look higher quality (darn I let out a secret!).

This discussion brought valuable insight for us to build better doll. It was not and never meant to be a war on one material over the other as some people have perceived. It allow us to see the perception of what or how people think about the doll, whether true or not. I hope you have learned as much as I have from this discussion.
- Doug
Passion Dolls
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering
BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED & TRUSTED SOURCE! - PASSION DOLLS

***** IF YOU HAVE NOT CHECK OUT PASSION DOLLS YOU ARE MISSING OUT *****

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT
USA Vendor/Manufacturer. Hundreds of happy customers worldwide and growing!

ttdjderek2

Post by ttdjderek2 »

:thumbs_up: Wow Passiondolls!!You nailed it. Thanks for helping to improve this industry. I've owned both silicone and TPE. Silicone is great for photo's and detail. Not for long sex sessions(tear easily). TPE stretches, great for long sex sessions. FYI, I only use my dolls for sex (they never wear clothing). I believe I am the exception to the rule here on TDF. If you need a 'tester' for your dolls, I'm your man :plaidskirt: PS: Could someone in the industry PLEASE improve the blowjob abilities :wink:

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

ttdjderek2 wrote::thumbs_up: Wow Passiondolls!!You nailed it. Thanks for helping to improve this industry. I've owned both silicone and TPE. Silicone is great for photo's and detail. Not for long sex sessions(tear easily). TPE stretches, great for long sex sessions. FYI, I only use my dolls for sex (they never wear clothing). I believe I am the exception to the rule here on TDF. If you need a 'tester' for your dolls, I'm your man :plaidskirt: PS: Could someone in the industry PLEASE improve the blowjob abilities :wink:
Hey ttdjderek2 thank for your insight! Nice to hear from someone who own both type of doll.

Regarding testing our doll, we plan to give away a free doll eventually in a contest, but at this time it will be only for Doll Members (people who already buy a doll from us).
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT

imverynuts
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by imverynuts »

PassionDolls wrote:
ttdjderek2 wrote::thumbs_up: Wow Passiondolls!!You nailed it. Thanks for helping to improve this industry. I've owned both silicone and TPE. Silicone is great for photo's and detail. Not for long sex sessions(tear easily). TPE stretches, great for long sex sessions. FYI, I only use my dolls for sex (they never wear clothing). I believe I am the exception to the rule here on TDF. If you need a 'tester' for your dolls, I'm your man :plaidskirt: PS: Could someone in the industry PLEASE improve the blowjob abilities :wink:
Hey ttdjderek2 thank for your insight! Nice to hear from someone who own both type of doll.

Regarding testing our doll, we plan to give away a free doll eventually in a contest, but at this time it will be only for Doll Members (people who already buy a doll from us).
This is a great thread, thanks for all the insight guys, especially you PD :-D

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

@ ttdjderek2 and imverynuts: thank you both, much appreciated. Not many people even read what I wrote!
ImageImageImage

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

It's really amazing to see the passion of passion-dolls.

I thought they were just a vendor, not actually going beyond that into manufacture. This is exciting!

Best wishes

Harem

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I'd always hoped TDF was a two way process. It is very difficult to communicate directly with vendors and manufacturers as customers but here there is such involvement from both. Hats off to you PD for joining in so 'passionately'!
The danger with trying to accommodate all tastes is that the doll can become too complicated, like the DS mini for instance. The body is fantastic but they've tried to produce a plastic skeleton which has exceptional articulation in such a small body. The trouble is, the plastic used was brittle and numerous breakages have occurred (many threads on this). They are doing improvements but I don't think the skeleton will ever be as robust as other minis using basic techniques.
Improvements in TPE and Silicone have come a long way in the last couple of years and long may that continue but, just like DS, customers don't want to find out the hard way that a doll breaks or tears because the manufacturers haven't 'road tested' the doll properly!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

lvjtn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lvjtn »

i'd like to answer the original question. i bought a tpe doll, but seriously, i didn't care about the material. i searched for a perfect body, and yl doll 155 custom was that. if it had been silicone, i would have bought a silicone doll. for me, most of the existing dolls with huge tits, wasp-waist aren't realistic at all. i still don't care about the material. i noticed the tpe owners should be aware of lots of things, i try to be careful

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I'm thinking of a YL 155 custom myself. Is she soft to the touch and easy to handle? Did you go for insert or fixed?

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

INFORMATIONS