www.passiondolls.com

ALL PASSION DOLLS EXCLUSIVE DOLL SKELETON UPGRADE OPTION

Passion Dolls is a USA-based seller and manufacturer of realistic love dolls. We offer our clients the highest quality doll at competitive prices. When you buy from us, you are not just buying a doll, but you are buying into a membership that gives you great benefit including but not limited to better discount on future purchase. Our large selection of TPE and silicone dolls along with our own exclusive line of dolls provides our clients with more choices, more options and exclusivity that cannot be found elsewhere. We extensively focus on quality control and all our dolls are inspected and photographed before shipping. In addition, as a USA-based company, we are able to provide more payment options and payment of local currency in some countries. With hundreds of happy customers worldwide, your purchase with us can’t go wrong. For more information about us please check us out at: Website: www.passiondolls.com
PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Re: ALL PASSION DOLLS EXCLUSIVE DOLL SKELETON UPGRADE OPTION

Post by PassionDolls »

ZZZZ wrote:
PassionDolls wrote:However, I think if they use a different metal for the skeleton that can bring down the weight, maybe by 15-20% but not much. Furthermore going from steel to alloy might means the skeleton is more prone to break. Much of the weight will come from the skin layer even if we can change the skeleton material.
Why not make the skeleton larger and hollow? Like, "hollow pipes in the limbs and a hollow tank in the torso"?

It seems like there's plenty of room to increase the skeleton volume while maintaining a good depth of TPE. I don't understand why this isn't being done!
It already thin and hollow. If you can look at it though the thigh is a tube. The limbs are just a metal stick.
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering
BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED & TRUSTED SOURCE! - PASSION DOLLS

***** IF YOU HAVE NOT CHECK OUT PASSION DOLLS YOU ARE MISSING OUT *****

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT
USA Vendor/Manufacturer. Hundreds of happy customers worldwide and growing!

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

@imverynuts:

I'm aware DS offer this but I can't imagine someone would want a floppy hand. I dunno maybe it just me. I think there could be a short term fix, maybe taping around the finger wire to make them thicker or something like that.

There's a lot of things that can be improved. It also about cost and complexity to fix something. The hands are hard as I say so many small joints. Not saying it won't get fix. I'm sure it will but if it is hard to fix it will take a long time to fix.
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

PassionDolls wrote:
ZZZZ wrote:
PassionDolls wrote:However, I think if they use a different metal for the skeleton that can bring down the weight, maybe by 15-20% but not much. Furthermore going from steel to alloy might means the skeleton is more prone to break. Much of the weight will come from the skin layer even if we can change the skeleton material.
Why not make the skeleton larger and hollow? Like, "hollow pipes in the limbs and a hollow tank in the torso"?

It seems like there's plenty of room to increase the skeleton volume while maintaining a good depth of TPE. I don't understand why this isn't being done!
It already thin and hollow. If you can look at it though the thigh is a tube. The limbs are just a metal stick.
So why not make the thigh tubes wider, and switch to tubes for the other limbs?

And what about the torso? Couldn't you put something hollow in there?

Also, has anyone tried fiberglass?
Pipe+Insulation+white+bkgd.jpg
Pipe+Insulation+white+bkgd.jpg (120.13 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
kraft-H160GI_1665.jpg
kraft-H160GI_1665.jpg (50.96 KiB) Viewed 1102 times

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

@ZZZZ:
to make thing hallow you need a stronger metal, because the thickness will be thinner, which means heavier material. So not going to solve the weight problem. Beside if switch to an alloy it will definitely be more expensive if we want to use a thinner material that is stronger. I don't think this will work and I don't see any factory will do this.

You can't use material like that. It have to withstand heat. DS use foam. I had that doll it felt awkward but it is ultra light. So there is a compromise. I don't think filling the doll with stuff like this will do well because people what the feel to be natural, otherwise the DS Lite will be selling like hotcake. Furthermore, I realize, the thinner the skin like the DS Lite, the more prone to break. I rather have a customer complain to me that the doll is too heavy then tell me I sold him crap that break down.

I think the newer skeleton with improved joint and more correct anatomical motion will make a difference, but this does not solve the fingers and weight problem. I think the weight issue can best solved by chemistry of rubber (tpe/silicone) so it won't compromise the thickness and feel of the doll. I know at least one factory is working hard on this. I hope they get it right.
ImageImageImage

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

PassionDolls wrote:@ZZZZ:
to make thing hallow you need a stronger metal, because the thickness will be thinner, which means heavier material. So not going to solve the weight problem. Beside if switch to an alloy it will definitely be more expensive if we want to use a thinner material that is stronger. I don't think this will work and I don't see any factory will do this.
I have an aluminum stepladder which weighs 11 lbs (5 kg). But even if you stick with steel, being hollow should displace a lot of heavy TPE?
PassionDolls wrote:You can't use material like that. It have to withstand heat.
Fiberglass is used to insulate pipes at 1000 Fahrenheit (538 °C). It withstands heat!
Glass fabrics have excellent heat resistance at relatively low cost. They retain approximately 50% of room temperature tensile strength at 700°F (371°C); approximately 25% at 900°F (482°C); with a softening point of 1555°F (846°C) and a melting point of 2075° F (1121 °C).
http://www.bgf.com/technical/glass-properties/

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

ZZZZ wrote:
PassionDolls wrote:@ZZZZ:
I have an aluminum stepladder which weighs 11 lbs (5 kg). But even if you stick with steel, being hollow should displace a lot of heavy TPE?
PassionDolls wrote:You can't use material like that. It have to withstand heat.
Fiberglass is used to insulate pipes at 1000 Fahrenheit (538 °C). It withstands heat!
Glass fabrics have excellent heat resistance at relatively low cost. They retain approximately 50% of room temperature tensile strength at 700°F (371°C); approximately 25% at 900°F (482°C); with a softening point of 1555°F (846°C) and a melting point of 2075° F (1121 °C).
http://www.bgf.com/technical/glass-properties/
it's not pure aluminum it is an alloy (a mix of allumium with steel) to make it stronger than aluminum but lighter than steel. I'm more than sure the Chinese thought of this. I believed as well the just buy looking at the skeleton I have here it appears the thigh tube is already an alloy. the bolts is obviously steel. It also appears the limbs are also made of alloy. You can tell of the different metal/alloy as you can see the different shiny on the metal and the feel. So I don't think the aluminum vs. steel is something they don't know about. I'm sure they did. It must have been the cost.

I wasn't talking about the fiberglass as heat resistance. You show the photos of the insulation material. That won't work. I'm not sure about fiberglass, maybe something they can look at.
ImageImageImage

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

PassionDolls wrote:You show the photos of the insulation material. That won't work. I'm not sure about fiberglass, maybe something they can look at.
The fiberglass insulation has heat resistance, but yeah, there are other forms of fiberglass you could actually build a skeleton out of - I think some forms of fiberglass are stronger than steel:

Also, fiberglass won't be corroded, which is a nice benefit.

imverynuts
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by imverynuts »

PassionDolls wrote:@imverynuts:

I'm aware DS offer this but I can't imagine someone would want a floppy hand. I dunno maybe it just me. I think there could be a short term fix, maybe taping around the finger wire to make them thicker or something like that.
Yah I could be in the minority, but I had a DS for a bit with floppy hands. I'd have preferred that over wires. I figured their "phalanx" hands might be kinda brittle too so I just went with floppy, and it was fine. I don't really know how good their fingers are tho.
There's a lot of things that can be improved. It also about cost and complexity to fix something. The hands are hard as I say so many small joints. Not saying it won't get fix. I'm sure it will but if it is hard to fix it will take a long time to fix.
Not only would you have to make different finger lengths, but you'd also have to make different joints for differently sized skeletons. It's not something that important to me in the end luckily :)

INFORMATIONS