1AM not responding

1AM Katie Review

Reviews on 1AM Sex Dolls Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
lebbeus21

Re: 1AM Katie Review

Post by lebbeus21 »

can't leave these out
Attachments
1DSC_0533.jpg
1DSC_0533.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2633 times

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

Gald you like them Obin. Thanks. At some point i may try setting up backdrops and such.
Begog, i think the feets were a victim of two things: posing on her feet for photos while having me shift her around and pose her. The material would skid on carpet as i moved her about. I wasnt thinking about thick socks or being slower and more careful. The second activity, to be open and blunt, was standing up, bent over doggie. Lot of carpet friction and metal skeleton weight on those poor, bare little tpe feets until i noticed the tears starting. Now, theyre taped up. i put cushy socks on even over sexy stocking. I dont know if that helps. no pics w/o unwrapping. Description: picture a finger poke or wrist poke. Dark screws. Despite a clear, if minor difference in durability, i will not be going back to silicone anytime soon.

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

Despite durability concerns, tpe is a softness on a whole other level. My rd torso is collecting dust (the non althletic one. What was it.... vuluptuous?) I sold my rd2 and pib. My newest tpe has too much booty for me and is being stored pending ship out. I dunno about you gents but some bootys are just too wide for this fella.plus, her head falls off. Katie's screws on, so I don't have to worry about that with her. Also, no finger pokes with Katie. wire fingers. You can poose them, but they won't break through
somebody asked if Katie was a WM doll. she was listed as exclusive on 1 a.m. dolls USA website. that's where I got her. That website has other dolls that show up in WM dolls and your dolls and beautiful dolls.com. i think. I'm not sure if they are the same company, or one makes them and the other sell them, something like that maybe. Katie was from 1amdollsusa.com (i hope i got that right.)

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

And stuff.
Attachments
DSC_0080.jpg
DSC_0080.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 2688 times
DSC_0016.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 2688 times

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

moar?
Attachments
000aaa.jpg
000aaa.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 2645 times
000aab.jpg
000aab.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2645 times

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

yeah. That's a stain. It's starting to fade and I have more of that stain remover handy for use when I know she'll just be stored for a couple days (best results come from smearing a little on and leaving the doll alone for a couple days.)
I've had color transfer in the past even from clothes that I've washed a bunch of times, but it happens moreso with newer clothing that has only been through the wash two or three times. Whenever I do laundry I fill up a "delicates" bag with my favorites for her and toss it in with my wash. Over time I guess the veteran clothing becomes safer.

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

I'll check those details and post a bend-over pic soon.
These are the pics I have ready to go atm
Katie saying bye to a friend (a friend who'se been spoken for for a while, but not shipped/paid yet.)
I just bought a house, I'm in the process anyway, so money is an important factor. I am having thoughts on converting Katie to cash, as sacriligeous as it seems. It may not happen anyway. Between her broken wrist and split feets.... not too sure if there would be any interest. I haven't decided yet. Just planting the seed.
Attachments
DSC_0241.jpg
DSC_0241.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0228.jpg
DSC_0228.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0180.jpg
DSC_0180.jpg (1023.24 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0156.jpg
DSC_0156.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0089.jpg
DSC_0089.jpg (913.52 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

moar
Attachments
DSC_0295.jpg
DSC_0295.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0308.jpg
DSC_0308.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0277.jpg
DSC_0277.jpg (990.04 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0287.jpg
DSC_0287.jpg (980.5 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
DSC_0334.jpg
DSC_0334.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2634 times

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

and stuff
more later. I'll remember to measure and take that specific shot when I have more time
of course there will be questions about who the other one is.
Shael, a.k.a. Jennifer. I think from "Yourdoll." Don't worry. You're not interested. Well... maybe for photos, but for play..... terrible. The head falls off if you so much as think of her, then, due to the mechanics of what holds (or doesn't hold) the head on, you risk oil stains on the doll putting the head back on. Terrible. The doll is gorgeous and squishy and lovey-dovey, but is of no use to me if the head falls off every time you even think about touching her. Yourdoll (or whoever makes her) needs to rethink the head attachment. if they do, they may have my future business.
I sold my PIB or that reason. Different style of attachment, but same result. I could be at work, nowhere near the doll, but if I happened to think about the doll for a half of a second the head would fall off.

anyway, enough about all that...
I hope you folks like my pictures. Someday I want to spend time with photoshop and maybe some background niceties. For now its just sorta as-is, on-the-fly.
Attachments
1DSC_0173.jpg
1DSC_0173.jpg (848.23 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
1DSC_0335.jpg
1DSC_0335.jpg (863.62 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
1DSC_0315.jpg
1DSC_0315.jpg (840.31 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
1DSC_0305.jpg
1DSC_0305.jpg (840.23 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
1DSC_0079.jpg
1DSC_0079.jpg (909.96 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

Katie is still a very solid doll. Its just that one wrist is broken. The tpe is together, but the skeleton part of her wrist is no longer stable. The feet splits don't matter to me because I have them taped up and she wears little black boots, so I don't even think about the feet damage anymore. There was an issue where her head connects to the neck, but that is no longer a problem. I improvised. Other than occasional clothing stains she's fine. I enjoy her very much. The house thing is making me think of immediate ways to raise money. If I do go for another doll it will either be ruby 13 (because I can never seem to have enough boobage) or a HitDoll (because the website seems to claim the heat goes through most of the body, which I think would be a very realistic experience. The don't have large breasts, so that is a minus, but.... I dunno. I kind of want to try it. Down the road, though. Money is tight until the house thing goes through.

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

the katie neck problem. I should explain. I was trying a stupid pose with her. You know how in some "educational movies" the girl is lying on her stomach, facing the side of the bed. the guy is standing there, using her mouth. Her head is propped way back so as to be facing him, not face-down like her body. Yeah.... after being a little bit rough part of the material that stops the metal bolt from screwing farther upward cracked. I improvised. its fine. The neck is a little creaky when moving it around, but it is stable and holds her head up just fine. You'd never really know it happened. I play rough with my toys sometimes. I know I shouldn't. I just kinda like experimenting. Good thing I didn't do it to a 6000$ Sinthetics or something lol

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

I have not mistreated the other one, the Shael doll. that wasn't really mine so its been stored for the most part, and sometimes just sitting in a chair for looks. I didn't want to risk stains, dents or anything since its being sold in new shape.

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

I'm into soft myself. Katie blows my previous dolls away. rd2 was kinda hard. pib was a little better, but nothing like tpe. Shael is just as soft, tpe like katie. If hitdoll is normal silicone, not tpe, than maybe I'll resist. I know its a taboo name here, but anyone know if sinthetics are soft? I know they're not tpe, but I've heard of one brand I can't quite remember that wasn't tpe but was just as soft according to a member. the company name is eluding me at the moment

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

happy to. The PIB softness karpos was talking about was a doll made within the last month. I wasn't aware of any new changes but maybe I'll check the pib site for anything new. also.. Karpos, do the new pib's have a better head attachment system? The pib I had a while back would lose her head any time I happened to move the doll.

lebbeus21

Post by lebbeus21 »

If you are thinking about buying a Katie 140cm doll (and you have thought long and hard about the height and are ok with 140cm) I recommend doing it. She's been a great doll, and very lightweight. Nice breasts for a doll this size. A little bigger wouldn't hurt, but I lean toward big boobages to begin with.

If buying new, I would buy from Iamdollusa.com. (or is it 1amdollusa.com? both the i and the 1 work)
They have been a great company to go through and I am thrilled with their doll and their customer service. They answered my questions quickly during the buying process. I have also ordered stain remover through them, right through email (paying afterwards through paypal) and it shipped quickly. I think I was going through a representative named Brent and he was excellent.

As for how long Katie lasts: I still use her now and then, even after buying a 2ndhand 155 cm "barbie/shannon". Other than damage to her feet from standing her up too much with bare feet (and no standing foot option), and doing something very rough with her neck (my fault) she's been very reliable.
She lasts just fine. The only tearing was in the anus upward (toward the area an anus should be). I had no tearing at all between the anus and vagina.

Key concern: If you are going to be standing her up, get the standing option. I don't think this existed back when I ordered her. I did a lot of photography with her, and stood her up quite a bit, and her feet suffered. STanding option should help. Also, I started putting ankle socks on her (my small ones. Normal white socks, like gym socks. What you'd wear with sneakers. Over that I put on short sexy boots. I do this with my new doll too and it seems to help prevent wear and tear on her feet.

Last concern, and this goes for any doll: if doing doggy style, or leaning her forward, do NOT have her holding herself up by her palms. The wrists could break that way, and possibly start going through the tpe skin. Prop her on her shoulders, or a pillow, or don't do it. No straight arms with all her weight on her wrists. Learn from my mistakes. I don't think you should do that with any doll. If anyone has homemade solutions for that, let me know (like a homemade gadget that goes over the forearms and allows you to do those poses without ruining the doll's wrists.)

anyway, I'm likely being too verbose. I'll close this up.
again, if going new, I would go 1amdollusa.com. Great company. (I have not ordered from wmdoll or ordoll yet. they may be fine too, but I had a great experience with 1amdollusa)

INFORMATIONS