www.beautiful-dolls.com

Beautiful Dolls Review

Reviews on Beautiful Dolls Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Dreamquest
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Beautiful Dolls Review

Post by Dreamquest »

This is the copied and edited review only version of this topic that is specifically vendor and product related. The original topic is here http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=82303 for further comment. Thanks Anung :thumbs_up:

So, after lurking here for a while I finally decided to take the plunge and purchase a doll. I did quite a bit of homework and finally settled on purchasing through Beautiful Dolls after picking the doll I was after and checking the price multiple times on multiple sites.

It took me a while, but I finally found the body I was after (Angelou on the BD site), but I wanted a different head. Based on the reviews here, I set an email to Beautiful Dolls and got a response back very quickly from Joy. After a couple of emails back and forth to settle the details, we agreed on what I wanted and the price. I was very happy with the price!

The specs:
WM 156cm
Head WM 38
Wig 11
Skin Normal
Blue eyes
French manicure, normal toes
Standing foot

Now here is where I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. The customization requests were no problem. When I mentioned that I was a member here, Joy gave me the discount she had mentioned before, as well as a couple of extra wigs. It actually wound up being three extra wigs, so that was an even better surprise!

Finally, I knew that China was coming back from Chinese New Year, and I asked how much that might delay my order. Joy gave me three weeks for manufacturing and a week for the shipping.
Then it was on to the waiting.

I am happy to say she beat her estimate by a week and a half and I was surprised to find an email from Joy saying "shes done!" and a couple of pictures attached. I was pretty happy with the result. I had noticed that it shipped a day later, and the tracking number the following day.

Then it was back to waiting and the forum scaring me with alarm about dolls not being shipped by Fedex or UPS. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case, and the doll arrived a few days later.

Once the Fedex guy showed up my initial reaction was "wow, that box is kinda small", and I was a bit nervous. Height didn't seem to bad, but it wasn't very wide.
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
Once I got the box open, and removed the inner cardboard lid, I was greeted with a nicely arranged interior.
2.jpg
2.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
Pulling all the accessories out, I noticed there were four wigs instead of three (thanks Joy!) and some other items that I had honestly not asked about (newbie ordering the first doll). All of the items except the dresses and wigs were in a nice white bag to keep them from moving around during shipment. There were;
4x Wigs
4x Wig caps
A pink slip (Thanks Joy)
Inspection gloves
An irrigator
A USB warmer
A small lipstick in the color they used on the doll (Thanks Joy!)
A brush for the wigs
And an extra neck bolt!
3.jpg
3.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
Finally, it was on the final unwrapping. The doll came wrapped in the expected pink blanket. :) Everything was very well wrapped and padded.
4.jpg
4.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
I went through and gave the doll a good head to toe inspection, looking for any damage. I couldn't find anything major. There was a small compression dimple just about centered between the clavicle and her left breast, which went away in a day. I could not find any other issues. Great job Beautiful Dolls!

Once I got her out of the box, my initial reaction was "wow, she is small" (but heavy) and then I got really nervous, maybe a bit of buyers remorse. I was staring at her, headless on the couch thinking "what the hell have I done!". :)
5.jpg
5.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
After getting the head mounted, I was still not "feeling it".
6.jpg
6.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
And then, I put on the first wig, which is the one Joy had used to take the initial pictures she had sent. As soon as the wig was on, something clicked.
7.jpg
7.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
I also got the hands and feet out of the wrappings at this point and gave them a good going over. All the nails were attached, but one was slightly misaligned, as it looked like something had been pressing on it. It has straightened out over the last week and is only slightly skewed now. One finger also had a bit of glue on one side, but nothing was stuck together, so it was just a small cosmetic issue. And then I noticed the only issue I had noticed so far, the toe nails were supposed to be natural, and they were red. Very nicely done, but red.

I started feeling a LOT better about my first doll, and decided to get her into the additional dress I had purchased from BD. Then I went back through and brushed out her hair. Needless to say, I think the result was pretty decent! :D
8.jpg
8.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1725 times
So, overall, I have to say I am pretty happy with my first doll. I am also very happy with the service and communication from Beautiful Dolls. Joy was a pleasure to work with, and VERY fast to respond. Absolutely no complaints there! :)

Pros:
Great Communication
Fast build and shipping
Great packing!
Lots of extras (Thank you Joy!)

Cons:
Toenails were red, instead of natural (not a big deal to me)
A bit of glue on one finger.

In short, I had a great transaction and experience buying from Beautiful Dolls. I would definitely buy from them again!

INFORMATIONS