www.beautiful-dolls.com

Dagmar custom by beautiful dolls review

Reviews on Beautiful Dolls Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Bryanthefigureman
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Dagmar custom by beautiful dolls review

Post by Bryanthefigureman »

Hello there! Bryan the figure man here.

I wanted to take a moment to give a review of dagmar, the fabric doll from beautiful-dolls.com. I contacted Joy, the sales rep for the company to get some info on this doll type. After all, photos only tell so much.

That said, I began talking about a custom doll I was working on but decided purchasing one to alter was more cost effective.

For those out there who may wish to do the same, know that you aren't limited the head that comes with the doll. They are interchangeable, though a new custom  head must be made with the diameter of the neck in mind, and seated at the proper depth as not to sink down to the shoulders. Im currently sculpting one so we'll see how it turns out.

The arms and legs are pretty poseable and the joints are quite snug but not so tight as to make her difficult to pose. The hip joint is the most realistic as it offers pretty much the same range of movement as a person. This is very nice.

Next thing i wish to point out is a warning about the arms and legs. They are not meant to swivel, in other words no indian style sitting or folded arms.

I made that mistake and broke her arm. Its ok but now will not hold any pose. Just be mindful and all will be ok. By the way, anyone run into this? Any suggestions on repair?

The spring-like spinal column adds a almost life-like bounce to playtime in the bedroom, though for a poseable display its best to prop her up against the wall. The spring will make her a bit top heavy with no balance.

Hands and feet are a simple wire frame which makes adjusting the stance easier. Also it makes holding props (or you) feasible. Just be aware that repeated bending will snap those wires quicker.

Lastly i wanted to talk about my options. I chose Tifa from FF 7 because the facial shape is about the same. With the custom eyes i provided (i had to photoshop them as every official pic was too blurry) the standard wig, and the pink fabric for her skin, she came very close in appearance. Dagmar dolls offer the unique option of having a choice in breast size via silicone inserts. While i should have picked a larger size, remember this was ultimately for another character altogether. They feel nice but are stiff compared to a more life-like material.

In closing i just want to say if you are looking for a more affordable alternative to the TPE or silicone dolls, i highly recommend the dagmar. It is by far a work of art and i am very impressed. Well worth the price. Just dont break her arm!

Bryanthefigureman
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Follow up to my dagmar review

Post by Bryanthefigureman »

Hello again! The figureman here! Sorry i havent had time to add more posts but ive stumbled into actual doll design and have been very busy.

To get right to the point, ive had several months to reflect on my purchase and am still very pleased, broken arm and all. While she cant hold a pose requiring both arms, she is still Tifa to me.

On that note its worth mentioning her bust is not like tifa's. I mentioned i bought her initially for another character, but untill i get that head made tifa will be tifa.

As the outer layer of "skin" is easily opened, i had given thought to adding a larger insert for the breasts. This would fit "over" the exsisting inserts, thus not fixed or permenant.

As you can see im musing ideas for modification.
I will post pics soon. And thanks for the feedback everyone! Pics soon!
Last edited by Anung Un Rama on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic Merged into original topic Anung

INFORMATIONS