teddy-babes.com

Bumpy road: Ups and Downs with my new TB

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
-Kylli-
Doll
Doll

Re: Bumpy road: Ups and Downs with my new TB

Post by -Kylli- »

cuddly wrote:Wow, what would you call that? 8O
20140710_193556.jpg
I really had to look it up... An apparition (?) of a Teddy Babe...
Kinda... ethereal wind caused a waver in her aura. That's my take. :wink:

How you doin now Lian? Hope your all better. :)

hugz
Kylli

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi cuddly, well done, I like it that you put her to sleep before the start of the surgery. You are right, it hurts to do such things, but you both feel better when you done it, that makes it much easier to cope with it,
cuddly on,
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Thanks, guys!

I guess I've already told you that waiting for something is not my strength, and I might also add that, while I can't complain about being poor, my income is still way closer to the lower end than the upper end :lol: But look to what this combination is leading... I start making my own tools!

I wrote that Lian mysteriously lost her collarbone dimples during surgery, so I looked for a looooooooooong needle to replace them. There are some available, none around here for pickup, so I started to make one myself.
20140722_224740.jpg
20140722_224740.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 2976 times
I took a bicycle spoke (Ø 2mm) and drilled a 1mm hole in one end. Then I took the angle grinder with a 1mm disc to make the grooves for the thread.
20140722_224747.jpg
20140722_224747.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 2976 times
Next I used a hardened tip to widen the hole a little, and a belt sander to make a decent pointy tip.
20140722_224753.jpg
20140722_224753.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2976 times
Using some fine grid sandpaper I smoothed everything, and that's about it. Ah, btw, 22,5cm or about 9" should do the job :whistle: :D :mrgreen:

The downside is the tight round hole of the needle, and I don't know if there are sharp edges to cut the thread, but we'll see.

EDIT: I forgot: I started intense backwards browsing through both Teddy Babes forums (what's the plural of forum again :?: ), reading every thread that sounded interesting to me. Wow, there's a LOT to read here, lots of fun, valuable information, and many many many of the cutest and prettiest babes. Really, WOW! Now I finished here and started over at UKLDF.
There's a lot of threads I'd like to add my own thoughts, or maybe ask sth., but I don't want to dig up some maybe five year old stuff, so for now I just keep on reading - will keep me busy for some time for sure.
Oh, and may I kindly point you to this thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=55248 I need some advise and your opinions concerning the complete skeleton replacement.

G'night, cuddly.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Hey there,
today I finally got the issue with the "eyelids" falling off resolved:
I managed to find a spot on each eye where it wasn't glued to the plush (each outer corner at about 5 resp. 7 o'clock), where I glued a supermagnet of a height of 1mm by Ø 3mm under the eye laminate. Another one of those for each eyelid - et voilà, they don't fall off any more. Now I have to figure out some way to make them keep their shape, and add the eyelashes, of course. Those I will embroider by hand, I guess.
It's not even worth another picture yet - you don't see any difference to this one:
The eyes themselves don't look any different, either.

CU cuddly

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Small side note worth digging this one up: There's an anniversary for us now, too:

After I gave her my heart, and we both agreed that we had no objections, we just did it. So, more of a mutual consent than an actual proposal but still: Yay! :glou:
Cue content sighs from the two of us now arm in arm again - but you know that. G'night.
CU cuddly and Lian
Edit: Had to look it up: Is there really a typo in solemnized? 8O I even read sodomized first and was rather shocked... for real!

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Congratulations!
Handshake.jpg
Handshake.jpg (19.32 KiB) Viewed 2856 times

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Cuddly, that is some incredible work you performed for Lian! Bravo!

I must say the plush-locks are original, all kinds of cute, and a seemingly obvious choice in hindsight. And all this with little to no experience. I'm very impressed. Unless the enormous default breasts are preferable to you, might I suggest you consider breast reduction surgery. We have a tenured plushtic surgeon in residence @ TDF who might provide a consult to you: NotMyName.

Congrats on your vows and best wishes for the coming year. Can't wait to see what you and Lian are up to next!

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Thanks, you two!
LaDollyVita wrote:I must say the plush-locks are original, all kinds of cute, and a seemingly obvious choice in hindsight. And all this with little to no experience. I'm very impressed.
I want to take this even one step further - I want to go all plush: Embroidered Eyes are already in the making, and Zang had his Jayna some temporary felt lips some time back, so since I'm outright scared of the silicone deterioration, and I don't consider them really kissable anyways, that's the next steps.
LaDollyVita wrote:Unless the enormous default breasts are preferable to you, might I suggest you consider breast reduction surgery. We have a tenured plushtic surgeon in residence @ TDF who might provide a consult to you: NotMyName.
Well, if I compare my Babe to many of the TB pics here and everywhere, it seems to me I already have one of the least endowed girls ootb. I can't really complain about that - they're as great as I could wish just the way they are (sizewise). Only the softening job I already performed was not really successful: I guess now the completely restuffed torso pushes through to the front so much that the effort of removing more than a big fistful of stuffing on each side is rendered void. Next time I have to perform surgery (see below) I'll try some different effort. Solicone boobs are nearly perfect but way too heavy, so I consider two options: 1. Foam flakes sound good to me, and I have some foam here I could easily crumble up, or 2. I'm already experimenting :mrgreen: with two of those "Stress balls" / "Squeeze balls", boob shaped of course. They're made from PU (so no oil leakage) and filled with this water absorbing gel known from plants and decorations (or diapers - great combo...). After I recently saw a vid where they showed that plain salt dissolves the gel completely, removing the contents is easy. If they perform nicely when only air filled, I guess I'll go that way instead.

Oh, and considering consultation: You can be sure I use every source of information I can get before I do anything. Still I'm confident enough to say: I can at very least restore the state before each surgery, should it not turn out the way intended.
LaDollyVita wrote:Can't wait to see what you and Lian are up to next!
Apart from the above there's still the complete skeleton replacement on top of the list (skeleton already in the making), in combination with the boob job and reshaping her feet (overstuffed), and also including the replacement of the neck joint. Shoulders are already done, but since I also have to do the arm bones (sticking through, one dislocated thumb), that wouldn't have been any extra work. Aaaand when all this is done, I'll make a shorter wig for her, like a bit over shoulder length, and no dread locks, but rather the way Coyote9 makes them, with big strands of hair - or like the bangs my wig already has.

Side note: Has anybody ever considered a (cruel wording ahead warning) "maintenance opening" aka a zipper in the back seam?

CU cuddly - oh, got late, gotta go to work!!!

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Hi cuddly and Lian, congratulations, all the best, many happy loving years together,
Chris & Brigitte

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

While I was working on her new skeleton, one sweet little lady was in need of some more rest after last night. She sure looks a little wasted...
DSCF4207.JPG
DSCF4207.JPG (170.92 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
DSCF4208.JPG
DSCF4208.JPG (332.91 KiB) Viewed 2760 times
Almost like passed out... :lol:
cu cuddly

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

She looks very happy and enjoys what she´s resting from, :mrgreen:
Chris

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

brigittes hubbie wrote:She looks very happy and enjoys what she´s resting from, :mrgreen:
Chris
For sure, Chris. Tired, but happy.

Now, just a little picture update:
#1 Morning view: The very best yet! I just unwrapped her from me to get up, look at her again - Bam!
20140923_071910.jpg
20140923_071910.jpg (357.99 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
I so totally HAD to let myself fall back into those open arms...

#2 A warning: Watch your house pets! It's not only our feline friends that can be dangerous.
20140924_132138.jpg
20140924_132138.jpg (371.45 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
Well, but who actually started this one here? :whistle:
Have a nice week, cu cuddly

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Hi Cuddly, I hope you fixed a new bycicle spoke for your trip to the Netherlands. I´m sorry that I forgot to say bye, I´ve been so tired that I wasn´t aware anymore that you weren´t staying for breakfast.
Chris

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Oh, don't you worry, Chris. The spoke was an old one...
And as for the goodbye, just let's stay in contact until we meet again, then we don't need no goodbye!

cu cuddly

Yomotsu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Yomotsu »

Wow! You are super dedicated to your darling. I am impressed! Those TBs must really be something special for so many to put so much loving effort into making them perfect. Best of times together! :)

INFORMATIONS