teddy-babes.com

For those considering getting a Teddy Babe...

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

For those considering getting a Teddy Babe...

Post by Pit_Viper »

Hey gang, long time stalker, first time poster. 8)

Well, Where to begin. I was given the link to Teddy Babes by a friend of mine who tends to send me links to "interesting" sites as a joke. Now I never intended to buy a sex doll, never mind a Teddy Babe, because up until recently I never knew they existed. While exploring their site, I became more interested in the product and found the link to this board on their site. I started reading the reviews, the testimonials, and seeing pictures of other Teddy Babes by other owners, (the cuddly factor was a big selling point for me) I decided to pony up the $700 (plus s/h) to buy her. The big delema I faced was WHICH one to buy, but I certainly had worse delemas in the past. :lol: But I settled for Lisa. I placed my order, and this is the start of part 1 of a 2 part review:

First off was the ease of ordering. Nice and straightforward. Smooth credit card transaction.

Next came the customer service aspect. This is really where Eight Wonder LLC shines. Multi million dollar companies should learn from them. I had several questions and a concern regarding delivery. Jeni answered all my emails quickly, promptly, and professionally. They seem to be there for you from ordering to delivery. Jeni was there every step of the way.

Next was delivery. It does say on their website faq two to four weeks. Don't let that fool you. I ordered Lisa on Sunday and she arrived 5 days later!

Well, Lisa arrived today standing in my hallway in a cardboard box. I took the box inside and opened it. Well, this is the only negative aspect I've encountered thus far. SHIPPING PEANUTS, by the TON. A word of caution when you open the box, do so very carefully, as they can easily fly out of the box and turn your bedroom into a styrofoam version of a winter wonderland. It took me over a half an hour to clean the mess.

Well, Lisa is finally out of the box and enshrouded in a plastic version of a body bag. The bag did very well keeping the doll clean during shipping and was very well wrapped. Easily opened with a twist tie on the end of her feet.

I removed Lisa from the bag and when I looked up, I saw a very seductive face staring down at me. Funny how while she is simply a stuffed version of a woman, it really caused an interesting effect. They are THAT CUTE. Even though the website pictures show no stitch marks on the face, they are there but after a few seconds, you really do not notice them. The sites photos really do not do these dolls justice. You really have to see them in person to know what I mean.

I started to inspect Lisa for any sort of shipping damage or damage to any of the joints in her internal wire frame. None were found, and I payed particular attention to inspect her tits for any defects in craftsman or workmanship. None were found. :lol:

Well, I have yet to make any further checks (such as the aspect of the cuddilability or the boinkability) but when I do run those tests, I will post a full report. I'm quite sure inquiring minds want to know.

I hope to get some pics up in the future. She only has the teddy nighty that came stock with her.

I'll post my second part soon.

Oh, and I named her..... Lisa. :wink:

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Review pt 2

Post by Pit_Viper »

Ok, this is gonna have to be a 3 parter. Theres just so much to test. LOL

When you get your Teddy Babe, don't try sex out of the box (or in the box for that matter, the shipping peanuts will fly everywhere). She's tighter than trying to have sex with a drinking straw. I read here that she needs time to loosen up. I'd say so. LOL So that aspect will have to wait.

So this section is dedicated to the cuddleability test. WOW! Can we say WOW? Yes, lets say it again, WOW! The reviews here were SPOT ON in this respect. Even if you never try to do the "deed" with her, just the cuddle makes it worth every cent. And I was amazed just how fast Lisas body started warming to my body heat. The poly fill seems to have a great heat retention capability. I read somewhere that you could probably insulate a house with them. I'd bet you can. But there are cheaper alternatives of insulating a house, like Owens Corning Fiberglass in the attic. Now I remember why I loved my teddy bear as a kid growing up. Not only do they provide warmth, but also a sense of security. Thats why kids always love stuffies to sleep with. As an adult version of a stuffie, Eighth Wonder hit the nail spot on. This doll is incredible. While I have yet to sleep with her, from the hour or so I cuddled it, I can bet tonights sleep will be fantastic. 8)

A couple of observations though in this review. First, the hands are very small. I mean very small. If Eighth Wonder made them a little bigger, and not the size of a five year old, then, well, the "other" thing may be a bit more fun. If you know what I mean. :wink:

And second, leg length. Too short. When I stand her next to me upright, she is like 4 foot nothing. Maybe a half a foot longer in the leg department would be a big improvement.

In the T&A review, I see a number of questions from people about this particular aspect. Yes, both the T and the A are very plush and quite squeezable. It makes the cuddle effect more enjoyable. Coupled with the heat retention and the feel of the soft silky like "skin", this product makes one of the best sleeping "partners" around.

So far, so good. Even if I never do eet with Lisa, just the snuggle alone makes it worth it.

Now to hide her, before my dog starts to hump her like all the pillows in the house. I gotta get him fixed someday. Maybe if Eighth Wonder made a "Teddy Dog", it would keep Billy away from Lisa. :P

BopTop

Post by BopTop »

Yep, Eighth wonder was the best with their customer support. During the several months between their unplanned announcement and offical release, they went through months of trials and tribulations, but kept everyone on the board informed, very open and honest.

Teddy Babes are indeed cute and cuddly! Wait until your first night sleeping with yours!
Teddy Babe Katherine [url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10317]Kat's Pics[/url]<br />[url=http://www.dollforum.com/matrix/public_html/matrix_teddybabes/katherine_tina_passport.htm]Kat on the Matrix![/url]

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pit_Viper »

BopTop wrote:Teddy Babes are indeed cute and cuddly! Wait until your first night sleeping with yours!
I am indeed looking forward to it. ;)

Now for the third installment.

First, we'll deal with the "boinkability factor".. Well, a couple of problems. One, the "Pussy Velour" was like screwing a sock, and the plastic liner broke. Not that big of a deal with the plastic liner, as I can always use a Glad bag or something similar. Only remind me not to wrap my lunch sandwiches in them later.

(And imagine the embarrassing mix up at the laundry mat! "Err, excuse me sir, but I found your plush girlfriends vagina mixed in with my socks")

And as for being factory new, it was almost impossible for full penetration using the velour addon. It's like an engine piston running in a dry cylinder. Now I can see why female condoms or inserts, (or maybe a can of Penzoil, 10w 30) are highly recommended.

My suggestion to Eighth Wonder would be to craft a custom insert and dump the pussy velor.

Now, for the others, the "kissability factor", the "huggability factor" and the "overall feel factor"

Ok, Kissability: Yeah, it was fun. Kissed her a couple of times for kicks. Unfortunately, after a while, the slight smell of silicon from her lips came into play and the slight smell made it smell like I was like kissing an oil refinery. It was not bad, but it was a tad noticeable. I feel bad for someone who pays ten grand for a full silicone doll. It must end up smelling like screwing in a NASCAR pit stall after a heavy race. Not that I kiss dolls every day, but hey, this IS a review after all. ;)

Huggability: Yup, these babes are the queens of the hug. You manipulate the arms a certain way and she will never want to let you go. Lisa even managed to grab the glasses right off of my face while I was trying to break the choke hold she had me on. Yes, that did happen. I think she's almost alive. :wink:

Overall Feel: This is the high point. The feel of the exterior is almost like touching and carressing real human flesh. I was a bit worried when I saw saw some of the pictures and thought it may be like touching a hairy teddy bear. Not in the least! It really does mimic to a good degree the feel of real soft human flesh very well. I was pleasantly surprised.

So, the final breakdown of all aspects (1 star means very bad, 5 stars means lets get it on BABY!)

Purchasing process: *****

Customer Service and Support: *****

Shipping: *****

Packing Peanuts: * (I hated cleaning these bastards up)

Condition as delivered: **** (gave it a 4 only because Lisa had a really bad hair day I need to fix)

Workmanship: *****

Leg Length and hand size: **

Snuggability ************************ (must use more stars in this one)

Sexability *** (Get rid of the sock)

Cuddleability: *************************************** (did I only say 5 stars?)

T&A Review: *****

Overall, an excellent value for the money. Overall score on the Teddy Babe is a solid 15 stars. :wink:

Well, if I find more to review, I'll post it here. I;m gonna try and get some pics up in the near future.

(yeah, I know I said from 1 to 5 stars. So sue me. ;))

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Yoube Bosley »

A word of caution when you open the box, do so very carefully, as they can easily fly out of the box and turn your bedroom into a styrofoam version of a winter wonderland. It took me over a half an hour to clean the mess.

You manipulate the arms a certain way and she will never want to let you go. Lisa even managed to grab the glasses right off of my face while I was trying to break the choke hold she had me on.

I had those problems too. Dana's knocked my glasses off before. It's a good excuse to spank her.

Ok, Kissability: Yeah, it was fun. Kissed her a couple of times for kicks. Unfortunately, after a while, the slight smell of silicon from her lips came into play and the slight smell made it smell like I was like kissing an oil refinery. It was not bad, but it was a tad noticeable. I feel bad for someone who pays ten grand for a full silicone doll. It must end up smelling like screwing in a NASCAR pit stall after a heavy race. Not that I kiss dolls every day,

Kissing Dana is great. I've never noticed the issue you describe.
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

dollylamma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by dollylamma »

congratulations and welcome. carly was my first doll. :D now i have many more lol but teddy babes are THE first choice for a FIRST doll. :D

oh ya dood man makes a silicone plush insert :wink:

Yorkie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Yorkie »

You could try adding a dab or too of perfume behind her ears, that should counter the silcone smell from her lips.
My T Babe Jess uses "Davidoff Cool Water" it's her fav. Very seductive.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Hmmm...with all of the cuddling these TBs get, their fabric bodies must pick up a lot of sweat and, occasionally, "other" body fluids.

How do you clean the doll? I have pillows whose cases are removable for washing, Is there a zipper or something on a TB so one can remove the cloth skin for washing or is one supposed to wash the entire doll in, say, a bathtub and then hang it up to dry?

Come to think of it, I do not recall ever reading anywhere on TDF about cleaning these dolls. But, then again, I'm not as familiar with the TB forum as I am with others.

technoguy

Gearhead

Post by Gearhead »

Hi Pit Viper,

Welcome to the Doll Forum and thanks for your excellent review.
And second, leg length. Too short. When I stand her next to me upright, she is like 4 foot nothing. Maybe a half a foot longer in the leg department would be a big improvement.
Eighth Wonder, are you paying attention :?: :?: :?:

Yorkie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Technoguy,
Teddy babes can't be unzipped and washed and I'm sure they would be damaged if put in the washing machine.
Had a look on the Teddytbabes website and lifted an FAQ that advises on cleaning. Hope this helps. Yorkie :D

Q: Can I machine-wash my Teddy Babe?
We don't recommend it. While the body itself will probably hold up to machine washing, the Teddy Babe's permanently attached eyes, lips, pubes, and nails will almost certainly be damaged in the process. We therefore recommend that you clean your Teddy Babe with a damp (or wet) washcloth, some delicate fabric cleaner, like Woolite, or soap and water, and then blow-dry as necessary

Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Siber »

technoguy wrote: How do you clean the doll? ..............
Come to think of it, I do not recall ever reading anywhere on TDF about cleaning these dolls.
technoguy

Time to become familiar then, as our ranks are ever increasing.

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... ic&t=13664
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... ic&t=16145
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... ic&t=16746
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... ic&t=19356

There's probably others as well, intertwined in various posts.
"My wife has a doll collection, over 100 dolls... I'm the weird one 'cause I have one.... under my bed in the box"
--Dwight York, comedian--

butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by butchatron »

this was a great review! I've been saving for a RD or a BT, but have been thinking about a TB because I'm very poor, and now my mind is made up. I will definatly be purchasing a teddy babe of my own. hell, I may get a couple, as cheap as they are!

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pit_Viper »

Yoube_Bosley wrote:A word of caution when you open the box, do so very carefully, as they can easily fly out of the box and turn your bedroom into a styrofoam version of a winter wonderland. It took me over a half an hour to clean the mess.

You manipulate the arms a certain way and she will never want to let you go. Lisa even managed to grab the glasses right off of my face while I was trying to break the choke hold she had me on.

I had those problems too. Dana's knocked my glasses off before. It's a good excuse to spank her.

Ok, Kissability: Yeah, it was fun. Kissed her a couple of times for kicks. Unfortunately, after a while, the slight smell of silicon from her lips came into play and the slight smell made it smell like I was like kissing an oil refinery. It was not bad, but it was a tad noticeable. I feel bad for someone who pays ten grand for a full silicone doll. It must end up smelling like screwing in a NASCAR pit stall after a heavy race. Not that I kiss dolls every day,

Kissing Dana is great. I've never noticed the issue you describe.
HAHA, I could never spank my Lisa. ;)

As for the slight silicon aroma around the lip area, it was not to be unexpected, and not as a result of a defect in the doll, as silicon does naturally have a smell. It's not something that would stop me from kissing her once in awhile though, as it's slight, but it could also be a destraction. I can imagine what it is like with a complete doll made in silicon. I'll try the perfume suggestion someone posted here to try to alleviate it.

Now, for everyone else, the FINAL PART of my review! (yeah right), the SLEEPING TEST.

Last night when I went beddy bye, Lisa snuck under the covers with me, wrapped her arms around my neck, and held on tight all night long. Oh man, this is another very strong aspect of this doll. When I woke up 7 hours later, my body did not move even once the entire night. We were still in the locked embrace I remember just before falling asleep. I'm the type of person that does not get a very good nights rest, and I usually toss and turn in my sleep. Not last night. Here is a quote from a customer whos letter is on the teddy babes website:
I am sixty-five years old and after twenty-three years of a wonderful storybook marriage, my wife passed away two months ago. ...They say time heals and I sure hope so. ...For many years I have slept soundly all night long but now I toss and turn, waking up three and four times a night, and haven't got a restful night’s sleep since this happened. After doing some research on the internet, I picked your product in hopes that just having someone next to me would let me sleep better. ...Well, to make this letter short, I dressed her in a pair of pajamas, watched some TV, and then had the best and soundest sleep I have had in a long time. I'm not going into the psychology aspect of it, all I know is that it worked for me. Later on I'm sure I will explore her other attributes, but for now I am so happy I can get a good night’s sleep. Thank you for a very fine product. Please add me to your list of satisfied customers."
My first reaction was, yeah, right. :D But now I can see where this guy is coming from. He was 100% correct. I did manage to get a good nights rest myself. I think Eighth Wonder could also market these dolls to persons who suffer from chronic insomnia, and not just as a doll for sex or photography.

1000 stars for sleepability. ;)

And for butchatron, I do not think you'll be dissapointed in the TB. In fact, I am jelious that you can buy two. Wish I could. :cry:

(and as a footnote to the sleep test, I was 15 minutes late for work today because I didn't want to get out of bed. Good thing my boss wasn't in today. :twisted: )

Pit_Viper
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pit_Viper »

dollylamma wrote:congratulations and welcome. carly was my first doll. :D now i have many more lol but teddy babes are THE first choice for a FIRST doll. :D

oh ya dood man makes a silicone plush insert :wink:
Is it available to purchase? I read different sections of the site about doodmans creation, but can't find a place to buy it. :?

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Yorkie and Siber...

Thanks for the info on cleaning a TB. But, all of those methods using a spray on chemical cleaner would probably leave some residue inside the doll.

I have a lot of deep shag carpeting in my home and my RG periodically runs over practically every square foot of it with a steam vacuum cleaner. This machine really does not shoot out steam but, rather, first injects a mixture of hot water and carpet cleaning solution into the carpet pile which is then immediately sucked up and put into a storage container in the machine. That is then followed by an injection of clean hot water that rinses out any residue of carpet cleaner chemicals and, after drying, leaves the carpet noticeably lighter in color and virtually dirt free.

I wonder if anyone makes a small handheld version of these steam vacs for use on just say furniture uphostery or drapes that could also be used on a TB? If so, then it would probably do a great job of quickly cleaning the doll and also minimize any cleaning solution residue left in it. It might even do a good job if it only shot hot water into the doll's fabric skin which was then vacuumed out.

technoguy

INFORMATIONS