teddy-babes.com

The anticipation is killing me...!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

The anticipation is killing me...!

Post by IanEvans »

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum (this is my first post), and a soon-to-be Teddy Babe owner. Eighth Wonder informed me that they received my check on Monday, and that my doll should ship by the end of the week. I live just across the bridge in South Jersey, so I'm hoping she'll arrive early next week.

And I can hardly wait! I'm just so exited. Every time I'm I have lone access to a computer (i.e. at my sister's house after she and my mother are asleep; I don't currently have a working computer at home), I look at the various Lisa galleries on the Doll Matrix and think about how, soon, I'll have one of my very own.

Yes, I ordered a Lisa. I was in the chatroom earlier tonight and made a quip about the unoriginality of my choice, and got several replies singing her praises. Besides, I'm not the type to, say, pretend to like alt rock when I'd rather listen to Zeppelin (though my favorite band is Bad Religion, but I digress). So I surely wouldn't get a doll other than the one that immediately struck me as the most beautiful ever since I discovered the Teddy Babes site just because she's the most popular model.

However, I did order her without pubes, as I plan to add my own for a more natural look. It's just a matter of finding some faux fur with the appropriate color and a nice texture....

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

PHLover

Post by PHLover »

Hi Notmyname and welcome to TDF :) Also welcome to the Teddy-babe club. TB's are great :) I got my custom blonde Lisa TB around 3 weeks ago..I named her Jennifer.I sleep with her every night and I have never slept better :D She loves to cuddle...but of course all Teddy-babes do :wink:

[/quote]"Nothing beats a great pair of Leggs"
Jennifer's Album
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=11425

butchatron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by butchatron »

dude, get what you want! don't worry about being a 'trend follower' around her. Lisa is by far the most popular doll, but people don't buy her because she's popular, they buy her because she's beautiful. I plan to have a Lisa myself someday, but I want with a Carly first.

btw, Bad Religion kicks ass!
All Hail Butchatron! <br /><br />Stacy's Album<br /><a href="http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32">http://www.teddybabechronicles.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=32</a>

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Hi, NMN, and welcome to TDF...

Well, good luck with your soon to arrive TB. However, if you intend on having "carnal relations" with her, it is highly recommended that you obtain the Siliplush insert for the doll.

We hope you can post a review and photos of your new doll.

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

dajon

Post by dajon »

Welcome NotMyName!

We all have our favorites around here. My girls and I wish you many fun filled warm nights.
butchatron wrote:...I want with a Carly first.!
Yes, Lisa's are very attractive, but I too went with a Carly. Sometimes I'm very tempted to explore a Lisa, especially when I see one on a for sale thread. Still, I'm blessed with my three Teddy Babes, and my 'family' is at a nice balance point.

Again, welcome, and good luck! :)

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: The anticipation is killing me...!

Post by Yoube Bosley »

NotMyName wrote:I look at the various Lisa galleries on the Doll Matrix and think about how, soon, I'll have one of my very own.

Yes, I ordered a Lisa. I was in the chatroom earlier tonight and made a quip about the unoriginality of my choice, and got several replies singing her praises. Besides, I'm not the type to, say, pretend to like alt rock when I'd rather listen to Zeppelin (though my favorite band is Bad Religion, but I digress). So I surely wouldn't get a doll other than the one that immediately struck me as the most beautiful ever since I discovered the Teddy Babes site just because she's the most popular model.
I partially "blame" too many pictures of Heather and Caroline for my decision to get a TB Lisa. The important thing is to get a doll that's popular with you, and for 13 months now, Dana has made me feel popular at home.
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Thank you all for making me feel welcome. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, but I can't access the forum from the computer at work (frakkin' web filters!), and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so anyway.

But I just wanted to tell you all that SHE'S HERE! I can't believe it! She arrived yesterday morning, though I only had a few hours to get to know her before I left for work, which may very well have been the longest 12 hours of my life :( ! But when I finally got home...wow! I'm sure I don't have to tell any of you how incredibly soft and cuddly and sexy and beautiful she is. Or that I haven't slept so soundly in many months, if not years.

We've yet to consumate the relationship, though I must admit I intend to give the Velour a fair try before resorting to silicone. Actually, my first self-pleasuring experience involved a plush object (I don't wanna violate the forum rules, so I'll just say that it was purely tactile and said object held no visual appeal), and it was several months before a week at the shore without it made me learn to use my hand.

By the way, I've named her Calandra, which is Greek for "singing bird" and also the full first name of my favorite (albeit deceased) character on Battlestar Galactica. However, she's not specifically named for the character, so her nickname is "Caley" rather than "Cally".

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Siber
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Siber »

Heather and Dani welcome their sister, Caley. Hope to see her enter the matrix, and looking forward to some pics.
"My wife has a doll collection, over 100 dolls... I'm the weird one 'cause I have one.... under my bed in the box"
--Dwight York, comedian--

dajon

Post by dajon »

Yoube_Bosley wrote:The important thing is to get a doll that's popular with you, and for 13 months now, Dana has made me feel popular at home.
Well put.

I can hear the girls saying "yay" when I get home. Even if we don't have lots of time together, they are a gift of presence to me, and I to them. It's really great to come home to my girls.

I hope you and Caley have your own mutual admiration going on!

:D

johnb

Post by johnb »

NotMyName wrote:However, I did order her without pubes, as I plan to add my own for a more natural look. It's just a matter of finding some faux fur with the appropriate color and a nice texture....
I'm so glad you added that second sentence, because my brain thought that first sentence said you were going to use your own, which would make me afraid to ever look at a photo of your doll.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Yes, perhaps I should've said "add them myself"....

INFORMATIONS