teddy-babes.com

Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
DarkAdonis

Re: Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

Post by DarkAdonis »

I did actually make them bigger at first but this caused the edges to lift up, though most of the extra was width, prolly need to make them very accurate where the corners of the eyes form but maybe a good bit taller towards the middle would help make them look better, especially when looking down at her. The disadvantage of the foam with glitter already on is theres none on the edges of course..

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Good job DarkAdonis! For being "crap at craft-type things" you did very well. I love the glitter effect on the eyelids. It took me more than one attempt to get some the way I wanted, so don't be afraid to work on them. Enjoy her and don't let her sleep too long!

Wish there were more good scans of TB eyes. I would love to make different ones.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

I found the thread with some of the TB eye files that DarkAdonis mentioned which was started by Sate...
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=52917
I managed to print out Carly's eyes and do half eyelids with lashes. I used Canon gloss photo paper pro 4" x 6" sheet which makes a very colorfast and bleed resistant print. Carly's eyes are very similar in shape to Lisa's so the coverage of the original eyes were almost exact. The paper is a bit thick so between the paper and the foam glued on top it was a bit hard to keep them stuck to the contour of Lisa's original eyes. I stayed with the pink color lids like the original eyes and added false eyelashes to the pink glitter foam.
carly eyes 1.jpg
carly eyes 1.jpg (354.66 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
carly eyes 2.jpg
carly eyes 2.jpg (335.63 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
carly eyes 3.jpg
carly eyes 3.jpg (130.45 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
I think the eye exchange thread was a good idea and I will try to get a proper image of Lisa's eyes on there in the near future. It would be great if any other TB owners could also. Thanks

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Wow, that's impressive. Nice work!

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

:idea: That's yet another clever variation on the idea! I'm glad to see this thread has inspired so many.

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

JackieTreehorn wrote:Wow, that's impressive. Nice work!
Thanks, Mr Treehorn!
Zang wrote: :idea: That's yet another clever variation on the idea! I'm glad to see this thread has inspired so many.
Thanks, Zang :: Yes, Great thread and so many others that have inspired me for sure. Not to mention introducing me to a Teddy Babe in the first place!
By the way, I did post my Lisa's eyes in the Eye exchange thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=52917

jayjayecks

Post by jayjayecks »

I did a test eyelid, but it doesn't self affix to a new TBD.

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hi dolldoer,

thanks for sharing this great idee with the eyelashes. I think I will have a try with Audrey !!

Cheers,
Grasowka
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

jayjayecks wrote:I did a test eyelid, but it doesn't self affix to a new TBD.
Sorry, but they do not stick by themselves. I put a very narrow strip of double sided adhesive carpet tape on the back of the printed eyes and press them on the original eyes (you could probably use any double sided tape instead). Be careful when pulling them off that you do not separate the original eye clear laminate from the printed paper. Keep the double sided tape away from the extreme corners of the eyes and that should be OK.

SuperNothing

Post by SuperNothing »

From a newbie: Remarkable creativity and attention to detail on this thread. When my TBD Lisa arrived I hope to have a "craft day" with her. Thank you, gents!
Make your woman as real as you can... just don't get a real woman.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Very creative. I ripped those plastic eyes off as well, however used a slightly different approach. I like your idea though, I believe the teddy babe line should be using all fabric with their dolls... great work!!
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

WadeFord3
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by WadeFord3 »

My God, I love this hands-on ability. Hahahaha, this closed eye form is very natural. It's wonderful to imagine her eyes closed at night. Cool bro
Newbie here.

Sic - WM 162 E cup

Wishlist:
WM 168 F cup

INFORMATIONS