teddy-babes.com

my new used tbd

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: my new used tbd

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Stewie studmuffin wrote: You noticed this too? :o I was beginning to think that I was going crazy because it felt like my Babe was trying to return my love! 8O It's definitely a strange but nice feeling though. :D

Oh yeah, it's the best whenever she "does" something affectionate. It happens fairly often and I don't purposefully set it up either (although I probably should...). She's just such a sweetheart it's like she can't help herself, lol.

samara78 wrote:Lol teddybabes are great

I couldn't agree more! I really enjoy mine; getting her was one of the best decisions I've made. I only wish I would have gotten one years ago. People always say you can't buy happiness, but apparently they don't know about Teddy Babes.

Although it's something I guess I've always known I liked, but maybe didn't really analyze before, the raw physiological pleasure that comes from whatever chemicals my brain unleashes when cuddling with Audrey... it just feels so good I can't get enough of it. It's maybe almost like a drug, lol. I don't know, but it's amazing.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

They are great in cooler weather too.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

samara78 wrote:They are great in cooler weather too.
Oh without a doubt! I'm in Minnesota and about a month when it was really cold my furnace quit working in the middle of the night. I didn't even notice until I got out of bed. With a Teddy Babel wrapped around you and blankets on top I think you could survive in Antarctica.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

This is a great thread! :thumbs_up: 8O
Love the name you chose for her, very appropriate indeed.
You made her as pretty as her name……

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Thank you i thoroughly enjoy her sitting next to me on the coy h watching star trek. Because of her i am more affectionate
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

jayjayecks

Post by jayjayecks »

samara78 wrote:Thank you i thoroughly enjoy her sitting next to me on the coy h watching star trek. Because of her i am more affectionate
The burning question is, which series: ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY?

And a bonus question: are you waiting for ST: Discovery?

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Must read

!Damien*<
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by !Damien*< »

Is there anyone that really upgrades as well as repairs Teddy Babes? I saw some minor skeletal upgrades here and from Ark Angel but I'm looking into more serious overhauls like the following...

1. Eyes. The painted fabric patches on Teddy Babes and Velour Vixens have limited appeal. I was hoping to see genuine eye sockets with stuffed fabric eyeballs and sewn-on iris with a small black button for the pupil.

2. Mouth. I have yet to see a plush doll where you could insert your hand into the back of the head and manipulate the mouth like an oversized muppet.

3. Skeleton. I think you tried gas line for the joints and something more solid for the leg bones. I had narrower electrical armored cable and PVC pipe and fittings in mind. It should be possible to build something like a genuine rib cage with sternum from this kind of combination. Another feature would be quick-connect joints at the shoulders and hips to allow at least rotation and, if desired, even detachment for easier storage.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

your eye idea would never work on any plush doll made today and teddy babes do not have fabric eyes they are printed plastic. if you want a doll with a mouth like a muppet buy a muppet there is a guy in newyork i think that makes them. armoured electrical cable does not bend well and does not hold a bendso would be useless as a flexible joint in a doll.

carlys_guy

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

!Damien*< wrote:Is there anyone that really upgrades as well as repairs Teddy Babes? I saw some minor skeletal upgrades here and from Ark Angel but I'm looking into more serious overhauls like the following...

1. Eyes. The painted fabric patches on Teddy Babes and Velour Vixens have limited appeal. I was hoping to see genuine eye sockets with stuffed fabric eyeballs and sewn-on iris with a small black button for the pupil.

2. Mouth. I have yet to see a plush doll where you could insert your hand into the back of the head and manipulate the mouth like an oversized muppet.

3. Skeleton. I think you tried gas line for the joints and something more solid for the leg bones. I had narrower electrical armored cable and PVC pipe and fittings in mind. It should be possible to build something like a genuine rib cage with sternum from this kind of combination. Another feature would be quick-connect joints at the shoulders and hips to allow at least rotation and, if desired, even detachment for easier storage.
Trust me mate, my skeletal upgrade was anything but minor.
Adding a rib cage would be a simple extra step, but every improvement and mod you do has some drawback and limitation, like stresses and extra wear on material and stitching, limiting movement, taking away from the cuddle factor, cleaning and extra weight, thinking about these consequences is key to successful mods.
TB eyes are laminated, blown up photographs of real human eyes, the eyeballs you describe would be overly complex and not able to move, Cuddly had someone make an embroidered set for his TB Lian, but found they took away too much of her personality, she does still have a material set of lips and plush hair, also he has replaced her skeleton with copper wires and tried some bone mods with varying degrees of success.
Karrot made an opening in the back of one of his TB's, so he could put an insert in and turn her head and wig around for oral, this could easily be made into an opening for a hand and moveable mouth, but why you would want to seems superfluous.
There has been a discussion and experimental thread about mouth mods by revoL annerB, with some pics and results.
Sate used to do mods from openings to custom extras and repairs, he is a registered service vendor here, but I haven't seen much activity there of late.
The trouble with swivel joints is the solid end plates are uncomfortable to cuddle, many have had the original shoulder swivels removed and arms sewn directly on like the legs, I think lovely Phoenix has had this mod done by Sate.
Remember, when you add one thing to a TB, you lose something else 90% of the time.
Many of us realize the best thing for TB mods and repairs is learning yourself by starting on small jobs and experimenting, anything you do can be reversed as long as you don't cut or rip the plush.

G-day to Dr Samara and Phoenix from the girls and me. :)

Pete.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Just to point it out and stress it once more: Do not follow my thread on Lian's skeleton. Like Pete wrote: Neither the thick copper lines nor the bundle of 50 thin stainless steel wires are the final solution. Next will be a much more complicated (aka jointed) skeleton from brass joints and stainless steel rods as bones. Basically imitating a stop motion doll skeleton.

Also the other ideas Pete commented quite accurately imho. Rib cage is pretty much impossible bc the boobs are full orbs, half-embedded. The mouth mod - I would not dare try, the face is way too precious to me to mess with it. All the changes I attempted (felt lips, yes, embroidered eyes, no) were easily revertible.

I printed Lian new eyes though: Took a photograph of her original eyes. Evened them out, scaled to correct size, found a supplier for printable waterproof textile material (the stuff runners and other sports folks have their numbers printed on), laser printed and laminated. Every part of the process ans materials is waterproof in itself now. Maximum durability :thumbs_up:

OK that's all. CU cuddly and Lian

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

cuddly wrote:Just to point it out and stress it once more: Do not follow my thread on Lian's skeleton. Like Pete wrote: Neither the thick copper lines nor the bundle of 50 thin stainless steel wires are the final solution. Next will be a much more complicated (aka jointed) skeleton from brass joints and stainless steel rods as bones. Basically imitating a stop motion doll skeleton.

Also the other ideas Pete commented quite accurately imho. Rib cage is pretty much impossible bc the boobs are full orbs, half-embedded. The mouth mod - I would not dare try, the face is way too precious to me to mess with it. All the changes I attempted (felt lips, yes, embroidered eyes, no) were easily revertible.

I printed Lian new eyes though: Took a photograph of her original eyes. Evened them out, scaled to correct size, found a supplier for printable waterproof textile material (the stuff runners and other sports folks have their numbers printed on), laser printed and laminated. Every part of the process ans materials is waterproof in itself now. Maximum durability :thumbs_up:

OK that's all. CU cuddly and Lian
Thanks Cuddly. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Pete.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Yeah don't mess with the face at all. If you do it will ruin her. May i suggest an anime with silicone head. Teddybabes are cuddlers and rather good at it.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

samara78 wrote: Teddybabes are cuddlers and rather good at it.
True dat! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

!Damien*<
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by !Damien*< »

Some of my inspiration came from Coyote9's Velour Vixens. The smooth PUL (Polyurethane Laminate) material he uses for the insert and occasional accent areas could easily be shaped into a smooth eyeball. The goal is a cheaper version of the glass eyeballs that are better suited to silicone or TPE dolls. They would be installed into cavities and partially covered by the face to form the familiar eye shape on the surface. If the facial surface is snug enough you can get away with leaving the eyeballs loose in the cavities. allowing for posing.

The real feature I was looking for in the skeleton is the ability to detach and reattach the limbs at will, allowing for easy storage. The rotational joint from the quick-connect is secondary. I fully agree that mods should, where possible, work along the seams.

I could not find the revoL annerB link on the mouth, assuming it still exists. I did find something by rocco, though. The goal here is to allow enough of an opening for a passionate kiss or oral for those interested.

INFORMATIONS