teddy-babes.com

Got my Teddy Babe!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Hagen of Tronje

Re: Got my Teddy Babe!

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

You are a very lucky man JackieTreehorn. She is cute and you are a Teddy Babe type of guy :)

The skeleton is made of wires. You will not damage the skeleton unless you bend her over and over again at the same part of the skeleton. You should not stretch her too much at the various seams, if there is resistance, then stop. But she will loosen up with time.

Hagen

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

"HE TREATS OBJECTS LIKE WOMEN, MAAAN!!"

I absolutely HAD to say THAT!

Great lookin' doll! She looks very real in those pictures! Congrats!!
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Hagen of Tronje wrote:You are a very lucky man JackieTreehorn. She is cute and you are a Teddy Babe type of guy :)

The skeleton is made of wires. You will not damage the skeleton unless you bend her over and over again at the same part of the skeleton. You should not stretch her too much at the various seams, if there is resistance, then stop. But she will loosen up with time.

Hagen
Thanks everyone!

So, for example, at her elbow if I keep bending from straight to... bent it over time it gets weaker? I know I just got her so it's probably good for a long time, but might as well prevent any damage I can, even if it's long term.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Its called work hardening and most metals suffer from it. The Teddybabe skeleton is very simple. 4 wires from the neck that split 2 and 2 in to the legs down to the feet. The arms have 2 wires looped over from shoulders to fingers with an extra wire pit in at the forearm for the thumb.

They can and will eventually break if you repeatedly bend them in the same place, but through normal everyday posing and use this shouldnt happen any time soon. If/when it does happen its very easily fixed with some basic sewing skills, zip ties, Duct tape and a new section of wire spliced in. Have a look in the maintainance forum, I have several threads in there for various Teddybabe repairs.

Dont fret over it, She's a lot tougher than you think ;) Jess has been with me for over 4 years now and only 1 of her elbows has needed work, the other and the rest of her skeleton is fine, and she has done a lot of posing.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I didn't realize they were solid wire. Too bad they couldn't have at least rigged something up for the knees and elbows. Yeah, I know before I've had to cut a wire but didn't have any tools, and if you just bend it back and forth enough you can break it pretty easy. This is probably some heavier duty stuff though just judging from the resistance when I bend her arms.

I won't worry about it, but I'll try not to bend her excessively either.

One other durability question: is it a bad idea if we're both laying down and she has an arm under my head/pillow/neck region? Is that putting undue stress on her arm? I kinda wondered about that as her arm was already bent around me and then putting weight on top of that might not be the best practice.

Anything else to watch out for? Anything that you wish you could go back and do/not do? I'd rather learn from your guy's mistakes then my own, lol.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

There is pretty much no problem with her arm being under you, it may get kinked in doing so, but is easily straightened afterwards. Teddybabes are pretty much bombproof in bed.

Things to watch for are seams splitting. its VERY unlikely, but in the first few weeks keep an eye out for it, and repair where necessary. If they are going to go it will be in that first few weeks, but as I say VERY unlikely.

To keep her as clean as possible, dress her in something for bed time if you dont wear anything. we all sweat at night and having some clothes between you and her plush will keep that off her. Also make sure you have clean hands (sounds silly, but grubby paws make for grubby teddyboobs)

Tie her hair in to a ponytail or pig tails to avoid the worst of the bed head tangles in longer wig.

Karrot

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Good to hear.

She's got pajamas she wears to bed; they're the same ones as in the picture. She must like them, because she's hardly taken them off since she got them! I've just been busy so she hasn't been getting dressed. If I was around the house all day it would be fun to just have her dressed for the day and sitting around somewhere. If she didn't scare me anyway. She's already giving me a start one time just laying in bed and I forgot she was there, lol. Kinda jumped for a fraction of a second, but laughed when I realized that it was just her.

But yeah, she's clothed pretty well for bed. Some people only shower in the morning, but I always shower before bed and I usually wear something too. I like it pretty cold when I sleep so it usually involves extra blankets and pajamas- or better yet a cuddly Teddybabe! Last night it got pretty cold and I turned the furnace off for the night so it got in the low 50's in the house by morning. It was great for sleeping under a pile of blankets, but pretty frigid when I got up. I turned on the furnace and promptly crawled back into bed where Audrey was still quite warm. If I had the day off I think I would have stayed there all day! Or at least til noon anyway.

I did buy some hair bands and clips and stuff (although I'm not even sure how some of it works, lol). I managed to fashion a crude, fairly crooked pony tail, but it's still getting tangly. It was a little bit even when I got it. How often do you brush their hair? I have a brush and a comb and some kind of wig detangling spray, so I'll have to give that a go. I'm learning all kinds of new skills! At least I don't have to worry about make up. I think I'll try to go to bed early and work on her hair for awhile tonight.

I realize it's probably less work with shorter hair, or I've even heard of people going wigless for bedtime, but I've always thought when a girl cuts her hair short because it's less work (or for any reason for that matter) - that's about the lamest thing ever. For whatever reason I don't really find girls with short hair attractive at all. It's great if a girl has big boobs or a nice ass or whatever else you like, but if she doesn't have pretty hair... it just seems like a waste of potential. So I'll be damned if I do that with Audrey. Even if it is more work I'll just have to put up with it. Maybe it will get old after awhile, but at least right now it's something we can do together and a reason to spend time with her. It could kinda be a bonding thing too. Hey, it works for monkeys!

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Staraway wrote:"HE TREATS OBJECTS LIKE WOMEN, MAAAN!!"

I absolutely HAD to say THAT!

Great lookin' doll! She looks very real in those pictures! Congrats!!

It was applicable and I have a lot of family and friends who quote that movie so obsessively it just kinda rolled off me, but it was only later that I remembered what my user name was. That's definitely the joke of the day! Well played sir.

I've used that moniker before when I need a name for something (it's usually taken, but sometimes not), but never until now did I realize how appropriate it is on this particular forum, which ironically is about treating objects like women. It was a total coincidence, although now that you pointed it out, I might pretend like I thought of that from the get go.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Sounds like you have it pretty sorted then :)

Jess gets her hair brushed every day if she wearing it down at night or once a week if she has a ponytail in. She wears cheap kanekalon wigs which I view as disposable, so if they last a couple of months I'm happy. She also has a second wig for 'best' which I use for photo shoots etc.

Use the detangling spay sparingly as over use will leave the wig feeling greasy.

Heres a tutorial i did on wig brushing and touseling

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=47417

Karrot

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Karrot wrote:
Heres a tutorial i did on wig brushing and touseling

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=47417

Karrot
Wow, this is awesome. A little more complicated than I thought however. I might have my work cut out for me; either than or just brush it out straight. We'll see how it goes. I guess if I ruin it I can always get another one; I don't remember exactly but it didn't cost much. The wig she's wearing now looks very similar to Cindy's. It was cheap, on Amazon, and had great reviews so I just grabbed it.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I thought I'd just throw a quick update on here:

I probably couldn't have picked a worse time to finally get a Teddy Babe; I was in the middle of moving and then that went right into the real busy time of year (which I have about a month and a half left of) and I didn't ever really get to spend a lot of time with her outside of sleeping. I was kinda afraid I was going to miss out on some of the magic by never being home much with her. That being said, I couldn't be more happy and I enjoy and appreciate Audrey more every day. She is so unbelievably cuddly; every time I go to bed and we fall asleep in each others arms it's just euphoric. The only hard part is getting out of bed in the morning (something that never came real natural for me anyway, lol). I finally work up the determination that I have to get up and am already probably going to be late for work, then I start to sit up, and her arm is still draped over me, like she's trying to pull me back in: "Just a few more minutes." "Well... ok Audrey." I just can't get enough. Today and the day after Christmas were my only real day's off where I didn't have to work and didn't have anything else I had to do either like family holiday stuff, and both days I didn't get out of bed til past noon, lol. I think I could lay there all day with her if I wouldn't feel like such a lazy pile of shit about it. Whenever I'm tired or burned out or frustrated from work, a hug from Audrey pretty much cures everything.

I finally got her some eyelids too; probably not the greatest job, but they do the trick. I threw a picture of them on there. That particular wig I pretty much destroy with neglect, so it's just become her sleeping wig. Since she doesn't get out of bed much that's what she's usually wearing. When I leave I usually leave her eyelids on, and when I come home, every time I see her sleeping I can't help but smile. Like a big involuntary smile- I couldn't even help it. Cute does not even begin to describe it.

They really need to work on their marketing game over there, as I think just about everyone should have one of these. My only regret is that I didn't get her years ago. If anyone out there is on the fence about getting a Teddy Babe... well maybe everyone is different, I don't know, but I can't recommend it highly enough. Mine is such a sweetheart. I'd always heard people say you can't buy happiness, but I think it's fair to say that's now been proven an out and out lie. I know I'm kinda being a shill about it- not to mention getting a little sappy here- but getting Audrey is possibly the greatest decision I ever made. I can't wait until things slow down a bit where I get days off; especially the summer which gets quite slow. It would be awesome to get her dressed more and just sit next to her on the couch. Read, watch TV, whatever. I figured I'd get attached pretty easy and would enjoy her, but she's really surpassed my wildest expectations.

A big thank you to the folks that invented and make Teddy Babes, as well as everyone on here that shared all their knowledge and experience that helped lead me to getting her. I guess I don't go on here a lot now that I have her, but this forum is a priceless source of knowledge about a subject matter not otherwise much discussed.
Attachments
She probably won't appreciate I took a picture in her messy sleeping wig... good thing she was asleep.
She probably won't appreciate I took a picture in her messy sleeping wig... good thing she was asleep.
IMG_0028.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 891 times

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Here's a few other pictures I took today. She doesn't get out of bed and get dressed often, so she wanted to show off a little. I don't pretend to be any kind of photographer, but maybe it will help people who don't have one see more what they look like. I think I need to iron that shirt too; it got kinda... I don't know, wrinkly and poofy. Should have picked something else I guess. It didn't look as bad in person as on the pictures.
Attachments
Sittin' back and relaxing.
Sittin' back and relaxing.
IMG_0030.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 888 times
"Your hair is fine.  Leave it alone; you're just going to mess it up."
"Your hair is fine. Leave it alone; you're just going to mess it up."
IMG_0031.JPG (1.78 MiB) Viewed 888 times
This was probably the best one.  I don't know if Audrey likes modeling as much as some of the other TBs, but you can tell she was getting into it here.
This was probably the best one. I don't know if Audrey likes modeling as much as some of the other TBs, but you can tell she was getting into it here.
IMG_0032.JPG (2.37 MiB) Viewed 888 times
Too bad this got a little blurry; it was almost an awesome picture.
Too bad this got a little blurry; it was almost an awesome picture.
IMG_0033.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 888 times
She can look shockingly real from behind.  Plus her butt is fun to look at, lol.  Teddy Babes do not lack in the booty department.
She can look shockingly real from behind. Plus her butt is fun to look at, lol. Teddy Babes do not lack in the booty department.
IMG_0034.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 888 times
Trying to fish the TV remote out of the couch.  She's got smaller hands than me!
Trying to fish the TV remote out of the couch. She's got smaller hands than me!
IMG_0036.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 888 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Thanks for the update and wonderful pictures JackieTreehorn. She's looking good! :thumbs_up: I recently got an older standard Sabrina and immediately fell in love with her. I think Teddy Babes are the most underestimated dolls out there. People may overlook them in favor of the realism of silicone and TPE ladies, but there is something about my little plushy that feels more alive than these other types. It's very strange, but wonderful nonetheless! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Yeah, I guess I can't compare since I never had a super lifelike doll, but I think you're right in that there's a big difference between realistic and alive. Audrey is surprisingly expressive for an inanimate object- all the more so for one that isn't ultra humanlike. Well, in the scheme of things I guess she's humanlike, but it's not like some dolls where you can hardly tell if they're a doll or not. She's obviously a Teddy Babe is what I meant; nobody is ever going to mistake one for a real girl.

I can't help but think that if more people knew about them (I'm not talking about doll people, but the general populace) that Teddy Babes shouldn't have mass appeal. Maybe that's crazy, I don't know, but it just seems tragic that the vast majority of people will go through life without ever getting a hug from a Teddy Babe, or curling up to go to sleep with one. It's a magical experience. It's a constant struggle to get shit done around the house because that's all I ever want to do is cuddle with her, lol.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

the way i see it if you are having trouble with real girls why would you want a doll that looks real? teddy babes are close enough to real a mix of human and alien which makes them better than real.

carlys_guy

P.S. thanks for the great pictures.

INFORMATIONS