teddy-babes.com

new material

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
anataus

new material

Post by anataus »

Hello

New Teddy Babes are now made with NEW AND IMPROVED, 40% silkier velvety-plush material
I purchased a Teddy Babe Deluxe a couple of years ago
While generally speaking I am happy, her rough skin is actually her weak point, in my opinion
Does anybody here , own both an old and a new model?
if so, I would like to know whether the new skin is actually much smoother than the old one
Any substantial feeling difference to the touch ?
Thanks in advance for your support

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: new material

Post by r363b »

Thinking out loud ... you should contact them to send you a scrap cutting of the material. In your letter tell them its for a future purchase decision.

Also send them a self addressed and stamped envelope to make it easier.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

If her plush is feeling a bit course, give her a brush over with a dry stiff bristled nail brush. My girls always feel softer and silkier after that.

I've encountered a newer TBD than my Jess, and she was certainly the newer design but I couldnt say if she was the new plush as that came in after the Deluxe Evoution happened and Love Honey in the UK could well have been carrying older stick at the time. She didnt feel any softer to me than Jess did when she first arrived, so I would suspect its not the newer material.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I have never felt an older one, but I have the newer kind. It's super, super soft... or maybe smooth is a better way to describe it. Sort of like a puppy's ear or a horse's nose. Not quite either exactly, but in that category if that makes any sense. That's about the best I can describe it with words. I bet they'd send you a scrap though if you did what the other guy suggested.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I'm surprised that they don't make the standard with the new material. It would actually save them a little money to use the same material for all models. Or at the very least help to simplify the manufacturing process.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

italianloopy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by italianloopy »

The new material is vastly better, just amazing. At the same time, the older model had a much better, pliable skeleton. The wires on the new model are way too tight and uncomfortable . The skeleton wire of my girl broke in the spinal area The old model weighed more and was more 'filled-in@ in all the right places.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

italianloopy wrote:The new material is vastly better, just amazing. At the same time, the older model had a much better, pliable skeleton. The wires on the new model are way too tight and uncomfortable . The skeleton wire of my girl broke in the spinal area The old model weighed more and was more 'filled-in@ in all the right places.
I already have a standard, but I was thinking about getting a deluxe as well. The problem is that even though the new material is much improved, I prefer the shape of the the original deluxes. An original deluxe with the new material would be completely awesome! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

i agree the new deluxe babes have a more asian look ans a oval head instead of a rounder one like the older girls. if you like the look of the older ones look for a used one. check with midiman at "lovedollsales" he might still have an older deluxe carly.

carlys_guy

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I think midi had an older deluxe Carly but sold her. I haven't made an active search for one of the original deluxes as I'm unsure about having enough room for another doll. However if someone would make me an offer that I couldn't refuse, then I will make the room some sort of way. :D

anataus

Post by anataus »

"Super soft or...maybe smooth " :D
"the older model had a much better, pliable skeleton" :(

Still in doubt...thanks all anyway for your feedback

INFORMATIONS