Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Anyone else having problems with the inserts?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Todster

Anyone else having problems with the inserts?

Post by Todster »

As you probably remember I ripped my insert after about 1,5 weeks.
Phoenix have shipped a new one for free, so I had to use the anal entry while waiting for the new one.

Well today this happened to the anal:

This really sucks!
I'm using a good lube, so that's not the problem. I know the insert slipped into the doll once while using it today. That's a known problem with these inserts. Can that make it rip like this? I really can't understand why this happens!
I've also noticed that if you remove the insert and use it by just holding it in your hands, major airbubbles apears as you enter it. The deeper you go, the bigger the bubbles get. Can the insert have "blown up" as the air gets trapped inside the insert?

If many BT owners have this problem, then Phoenix really have to make a better insert.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

TS...

I don't think those BT inserts are supposed to have any bubbles in them. It looks like their presence is somehow weakening the material and leading to its premature failure.

Let's hope what you have encountered is an isolated and rare occurrence and not a manufacturing flaw that has somehow crept into the production of these inserts.

Any other BT owners out there noticing these insert bubbles?

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

Todster

Post by Todster »

It's not airbubbels in the material I'm talking about. The whole insert becomes a big airbubbel. When you enter it, air gets pushed in, and since the air don't always escape, the whole insert is inflated. Like a balloon...

My English is not so good, but I hope you understood it now ;)

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

God kveld :D :D
You wont find an insert without bubbles. I don't think this tear or the other tear is caused by bubbles. Do you use lube when you push the insert in place? You should not use too much force pulling it out. I did that on my first insert. It ripped almost like the first tear.
She told me to come but I was already there

Todster

Post by Todster »

RaDiv wrote:God kveld :D :D
You wont find an insert without bubbles. I don't think this tear or the other tear is caused by bubbles. Do you use lube when you push the insert in place? You should not use too much force pulling it out. I did that on my first insert. It ripped almost like the first tear.
God aften :)
I lube the insert before I insert it. I try to use as little as possible to prevent it from sliding around in there. But if I was using to much force while pulling it out, the rip wouldn't look like this. It would probably rip in another direction. I don't think I'm using to much force. I've seen 2 videos showing an insert getting pulled out, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.

wetsuit
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by wetsuit »

I know why these inserts keep tearing & its not down to the amount of lube used, it's because the tunnels in the insert are too close to the outside walls causing the outside edge to streatch too much & the inside, not at all

fig 1 is a cutaway drawring to show what I mean

this next photo shows the out side edge streatching, note that I am not aplying any pressure in this photo

this next photo shows what happens as you start to apply forward pressure

as you can see the outside edge is streatched so far, it is starting to form it's own channel, unfortunately this happens while the insert is inside the doll & the 1st thing we would know about it is when it gives up & splits, note the item used has a diameter of 20mm & is a lot thinner than the average penis, I also used various amounts of lube & it still dose it

I think the best way for this to be cured is for the tunnels in the insert to be moved closer together in the mold so the outside walls are thicker, or to make the two entrances to converge into a common channel
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!  (A A Milne)
Wetsuit's gallery

Todster

Post by Todster »

Seems like you have figured out the problem there wetsuit.
Hope the guys at Phoenix find a solution to this....

wetsuit
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by wetsuit »

I think it's the main reason the insert gets pushed up into the doll aswell, or some times it just buckels & spits you out & you end up between the doll & the insert

I think the tunnels could be made a bit larger without compromising sensation. this would reduce the amount of pressure needed to gain entry (less chance of buckeling or pushing the insert into the doll) & produce a more life like feel
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself!  (A A Milne)
Wetsuit's gallery

wondering
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by wondering »

I am thinking that the problem is with the Todster's penis. :lol:

He has been awfully quiet about what his "Todster, Jr." looks like. When junior is awake, I bet Todster looks as if he has three legs. :oops:

It is awfully suspicious that none of us "regular size" fellows are having these insert problems. Sorry Todster, you can't have a BoyToy doll - they are too small for you. You need a B3 RD for your manly size.

So, send your BT to me - I will PM my mailing address to you when you are ready.

Todster

Post by Todster »

wondering wrote:I am thinking that the problem is with the Todster's penis. :lol:

He has been awfully quiet about what his "Todster, Jr." looks like. When junior is awake, I bet Todster looks as if he has three legs. :oops:

It is awfully suspicious that none of us "regular size" fellows are having these insert problems. Sorry Todster, you can't have a BoyToy doll - they are too small for you. You need a B3 RD for your manly size.

So, send your BT to me - I will PM my mailing address to you when you are ready.

Haha, I wish that was the problem :)
No, I'm pretty average sized. So, no doll for you... ;)

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

WS...

Your explanation of what is happening to the BT inserts makes a LOT of sense!

Apparently, the outer walls of the insert are too thin to withstand the constant expansion / contraction that takes place with regular intercourse, whether vaginal or anal, and that leads to elastomer fatigue that eventually splits the OUTER wall of the insert. Once that split forms, it's only a matter of time before it propagates to the interior tract of the insert!

No wonder PS is offering a free replacement insert once a year! However, maybe an owner who uses his doll regularly would actually need more frequent replacements!

This is starting to look like a major design problem with this doll. Fortunately, it's in a replaceable component and not in the body of the doll itself.

I think we will shortly be seeing the announcement of a big change in the design / materials of these inserts. I think changing over to a silicone insert might make a big difference in the lifespan of such an insert.

Hmmm...isn't a similar insert going to be used in the new RD2?!

technoguy

wetsuit
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by wetsuit »

no TG this isn't about fatiuge from regular use, it's about a chain only being as strong as it's weakest link, simple as.

if you take an elastic band, then choose a point anywhere on the band & and shave some of the rubber away so that there's a spot with less rubber you have a band with a weak spot. if you then streatch that band untill it breaks, have a wild stab at guessing where that break will be when you examine the band?

this kind of tear can happen the 1st time the doll is used if too much force is aplied, & as this is going on inside the doll you don't know it's happening untill it's too late
Wetsuit's gallery

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Nice job wetsuit. Good explaination.

Time for Joe to chime in here.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

WS...

I understand where you are coming from...the BT owner's penetration of the insert causes its material to exceed its "elastic limit" or very close to it and that then causes the polymer to fail and the split to form.

However, there could be other factors involved.

For example, as the BT owner continues to wash the insert after each use, he may be washing out the plasticizer that helps keep it soft and elastic. In time, that constant removal of plasticizer would then LOWER the elastic limit of the material and, eventually, the same size penis inserted into the insert would cause it to experience that external split.

I just wish PS had initially decided to make those inserts out of silicone elastomer instead of that "hot melt" vinyl material....

technoguy

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

Well.. that's disappointing.

At the rate that I use my doll.. I would need 2 new inserts every day! :twisted:

Well... hopefully if this is indeed a design or material flaw, it's something that can be fixed soon.. and all you would need is the new and improved insert and your existing BT doll is as good as ever.

INFORMATIONS