Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

BT Care Guide .PDF

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

BT Care Guide .PDF

Post by phoenixstudios »

Hi Everybody :)

Finally got around to putting together the BT care guide. The care guide will be included with all dolls shipped.

http://www.nickblack.net/btmanual.pdf

-Joe

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Now that is GREAT news!!!!

DO RealDolls also now come with a care guide?

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

This is great! Thanks Joe!

Funny thing is the insert I have looks slightly different than the one shown in the picture

Is the one shown the newer insert?
♥♥♥Check Out My Blog! Juicy♥Splatter Doll Photography♥♥♥

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Well, it at least gives the BT buyer the minimum amount of info needed to start enjoying his new "toy".

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Joe,

Hmm, its a good start, and that it is available by download is good too, but I wonder bit about some things to be honest, and do also suggest some more info (going out on knowledge based with Realdolls, so I may be little wrong, though Boytoy shares a lot Realdoll technic, (skeleton, silicone, cores idea))
Once Max P. said to me, but why should owning a doll be easy, hinting on that its not so easy at all.
Its IMO easy but not so easy as the 2 page manual says.

1) Boytoy doll can be stored in a chair, this is something I would never do with a Realdoll, one gets irrepairable compression damage in the belly area, this happened in past with a lot Realdolls that were stored sitting in the old shipping crate. I wonder how Boytoy differs in this with Realdoll.
Going safe and lie her on a very soft bed, (with bed linnen without texture ->your manual is right on that point IMO )in a position that comes close to the positions dolls have when they are in the mold, and a small cussion under back and legs to prefent the "flat butt syndrome" or use the neckcable together with a legspreader and arms/hands not against body but bit away from it that seems to me more right, and avoids compression damage on a Realdoll (I wonder bit this should hold for a BoyToy too IMO).

2) Modern dolls have lot stainless parts in their skeleton, so going into bath seems to give less problems compaired to past when the steel could start to rust causing stains in the silicone that you almost can't get out?

3) A movement diagram, that shows her degrees of freedom, probably her legs and arms have a max angle of movement, as with Realdolls arms/legs should help and avoid a lot trouble too I think.

Keithallen wrote
DO RealDolls also now come with a care guide?
Helen 2003 did come with some paperwork, that described quite well how she can be moved and how not e.g, also suggestions on cleaning and such things.

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

mytime wrote: Boytoy shares a lot Realdoll technic, (skeleton, silicone, cores idea)
Boy Toys are platinum though...

Dollscrazy

Post by Dollscrazy »

It's a nice touch and a great news... :D
My painting model is a doll... Is that great! ;)
Mélody album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=13587
Mia album: http://www.dollharem.com/dhgallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1504

DrSoong
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DrSoong »

It is good news, must read it.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

With Matt's insert video in mind, why not make a doll care video?

Owning a BT is MUCH easier than owning a RD. There's no risk of compression in the crotch area because they simply can't get their legs so close together that it poses a risk.

Renate: how is the knee repair coming along?

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

RaDiv wrote:Renate: how is the knee repair coming along?
So far the knee has gotten a bit worse, I'm hoping the repair kit comes soon (I had missed an email from Joe so it hasn't come yet) But until it gets here there isn't much I can do except keep her still

I just hope the kit is big enough to fix the large slit in her leg I had to cut, I'm also hoping there is some left over for her fingers and the holes in her feet...also recently saw tears under her arms, these are all new since I got her (She's used) so I must have been storing her incorrectly, for that this guide really helps!

Poor girl, I need to get her a better place to be stored, I'm thinking of making a small simple stand so she doesn't have to lay in the bed anymore....of course she's only there because I don't want to move her right now, and she's in a good resting position, But I'd feel better with her hanging (To avoid future damage)

Need her to be better for her fast approaching birthday! I'm working on getting her a new face but shh don't tell her! ;)

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

:) My lips are sealed Ren :)

Did you get a repair kit from Abyss or one specially made for BTs? I used less than half a tube of adhesive. You only need a thin layer. I've learned that you get the best result if you use 2 part for the part that will be visible. I have the last gluing left but I don't have any 2 part.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Radiv wrote
Owning a BT is MUCH easier than owning a RD. There's no risk of compression in the crotch area because they simply can't get their legs so close together that it poses a risk
Ok, then she's really a different kind of fish.
I just put up some things that came up into my mind, thinking about how I care Realdolls today, (honestly I have learned by falling and standing up...), but I already put the remark that this information was based on Realdolls and thus could be bit off...

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

I have had to sit Tira down in a chair for some time, for lack of room.The only thing I notice is a bulge to the right of her bellybutton. It does leave some creases for awhile but tend to disappear after being hung. She likes to self medicate anyways :wink:

I try to hide the bulge, but you can see it above Snuggles ear.
Red Heads Rule!

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

RaDiv wrote::) My lips are sealed Ren :)

Did you get a repair kit from Abyss or one specially made for BTs? I used less than half a tube of adhesive. You only need a thin layer. I've learned that you get the best result if you use 2 part for the part that will be visible. I have the last gluing left but I don't have any 2 part.
I think it's coming from BT, haven't spoken with Abyss, plus RD's use a different silicone

I actually still have a small tube of RD adhesive from when I had my RD, but I don't know if it would work with her, plus it's very small, maybe only enough to fix her under arms and fingers IF it did work...:)

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

Incrediwagon wrote: Image
Incredi, Tira and Ginger really could be sisters!

What a gorgeous doll, Ginger and I both owe you and her one!

INFORMATIONS