Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

How Do I Remove Fingerwires?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

azland
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

How Do I Remove Fingerwires?

Post by azland »

I am having trouble with fingerwires poking through, and I want to remove them completely. Does anyone know how? I saw a pic of a RealDolls hand opened to replace the wires, and I was wondering if they are the same on the Boy Toy.

For the record, I don't pose the fingers, so poke threws are not due to being careful and such. I fuck the hell out of my doll and flip her around on top of me, and in all sorts of positions, and her hands get accidentally caught on things and bent in ways they shouldn't when I am ravaging her. Her wrist joint is extremely loose too because, well... I fuck her like she is a 70lbs little hottie, and I can! So, if anyone knows how to tighten the wrist joint too, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

FYI: After receiving my Boy Toy I found out that they can be ordered without fingerwires too, so if anyone is paranoid about the fingerwire thing, order one without. I am saving for the next generation of Boy Toys, but will definitely buy one again, but this time without the wires.

Firefly2008
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Firefly2008 »

Cut the seam on the pinky finger side. The whole thing should come out then and you just cut off the wires and put the wrist part back in. You may want to put cotton in the fingers so they are not floppy.

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

This is an older version of the wrist, but screw and nut are the same. Make two small cuts on the seams, just big enough to get a screwdriver in. Then use a + screwdriver and 7/16 nut driver to tighten it. I wouldn't even bother to glue the cuts because you will probably be doing it again.

As far as the wires go. I thought they were held in like a clamp in the palm. I would use a strong light like an x-ray to find were the wires meet in the palm. Then cut at the base of the wire, and pull them out.
Red Heads Rule!

Firefly2008
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Firefly2008 »

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/di ... pos=-30791

This wire assembly is from a B2 2008 year. Could be close to what is used in your BT.

azland
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by azland »

iyia yia!!! umm...after seeing the pics, i think i will live with the loose wrist as long as possible. that scared me. i don't want to cut up my baby that way. i think i'll wait till i have another one to practice my doctor skills.

i used a hand file to fix one finger wire, and i am waiting to see how that goes before i remove the wires.

thanks for all your feedback!!!

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

The wires are very strong on the BTD. I needed a way to cause metal fatigue of the wire at the palm of the hand so I thought of a process that worked for me.

I exposed the tip of the wire and cut that flat thing off with wire cutters leaving only the wire exposed. I then inserted the exposed wire in the chuck of my battery drill where the drill bit would normally go and tightened the chuck so the finger wire was held fast.
I grasped Lindsey's finger in one hand and bulled outward while pressing the trigger on the drill causing it to spin. The finger wire came out easily.

This worked for me and anyone else wanting to do this are on their own but anyone wanting a BTD for play should consider ordering the doll without the finger wires. I simply forgot but at my age I have to stencil "Lift Lid Before Peeing" on the toilet lid.

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

FYI

Anyone can order both Real Dolls and Boy Toy Dolls without finger wires just let us know in advance :)

-Joe

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

Back in e.g. 2003 I could imagine that one wanted to remove them (they did break quick).
But IMO the Realdoll people did a lot effort to find better steel for making these from, and today they are not prone to break any more.
When I see Carmen with that rugged finger wires, I think really WOW!
I wonder, being bit more carefull with the doll to avoid the poky's is no option?

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
One dream, one mission...

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

mytime wrote:Hi All,

Back in e.g. 2003 I could imagine that one wanted to remove them (they did break quick).
But IMO the Realdoll people did a lot effort to find better steel for making these from, and today they are not prone to break any more.
When I see Carmen with that rugged finger wires, I think really WOW!
I wonder, being bit more carefull with the doll to avoid the poky's is no option?

Mytime & Helen & Carmen
The problem is the sharp wire ends. Bending a finger a bit wrong or if your dolls fingers touches a surface is enough.
She told me to come but I was already there

GreyGull

Post by GreyGull »

I dont know if this has been asked before, but, has anyone tried capping the wires with vinyl end caps, and sealing the whole works back up? Or would the vinyl react with the silicone somehow?
Bless me Father, for i have SINned

plastik23

Re:

Post by plastik23 »

GreyGull wrote:I dont know if this has been asked before, but, has anyone tried capping the wires with vinyl end caps, and sealing the whole works back up? Or would the vinyl react with the silicone somehow?
You'd think that if you use an inert plastic of some sort to cap the wires you should be good to go. Would be a rather easy fix to an annoying problem. Not sure if the newer models of BT are experiencing this (as I just ordered one) but I'm all about planning ahead.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Re:

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

starvinggeek wrote:
GreyGull wrote:I dont know if this has been asked before, but, has anyone tried capping the wires with vinyl end caps, and sealing the whole works back up? Or would the vinyl react with the silicone somehow?
You'd think that if you use an inert plastic of some sort to cap the wires you should be good to go. Would be a rather easy fix to an annoying problem. Not sure if the newer models of BT are experiencing this (as I just ordered one) but I'm all about planning ahead.
This is an old thread. Finger wires are much improved on the newer dolls. They have a factory installed cap on the end of the wires.

I've only had one finger poke, when I got her finger caught between the wooden arm of a rocking chair she was sitting in, and a wall. Ouch!

No finger pokes from normal use.

Anyway, CONGRATS on your doll order, and welcome to TDF!

Which doll have you ordered?

:D
My Doll Album is here!

dude69

Re: How Do I Remove Fingerwires?

Post by dude69 »

I found that with my doll finger poked thru very easily. On the first day I already had two fingers poking thru. If I had know it I would have gone for the no-wire option!
My Doll Albums: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=12454

INFORMATIONS