Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

RD/BT head systems design - answers by Matt

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

melloyello
Active Poster
Active Poster

RD/BT head systems design - answers by Matt

Post by melloyello »

hello everybody,
I figured I would make a thread for this question. I am curious about the face design on the new bt3 and wandering if the existing faces from the calendar, seasons, and c-series are interchangeable with that new bt3 body type setup? Im kind of under the assumption that the faces they have been showing in the new bt3 photos are all we get for now?? This may have been covered somewhere else already sorry if that's the case.
thanks for any input
melloyello
Last edited by Nescio50 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title and made it a sticky

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: question regarding bt3

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

melloyello wrote:hello everybody,
I figured I would make a thread for this question. I am curious about the face design on the new bt3 and wandering if the existing faces from the calendar, seasons, and c-series are interchangeable with that new bt3 body type setup?
Yes this was covered.

No, they are not interchangeable, the BT3 face is not removable from the head.
My Doll Album is here!

Uncreative

Post by Uncreative »

Based on the order forms you can order the older face styles with a body 3 under the C series and Seasons dolls at $500 extra cost. However the skulls for those are not compatible with the new BT3 faces. You would have to order a BT3 skull separately and attach it to the doll in lieu or the other skull.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Uncreative wrote:Based on the order forms you can order the older face styles with a body 3 under the C series and Seasons dolls at $500 extra cost. However the skulls for those are not compatible with the new BT3 faces. You would have to order a BT3 skull separately and attach it to the doll in lieu or the other skull.
Yes, I brought this up previously.

Based on the order form it appears that torso doll head kits and BT3 head kits are interchangeable. This would mean that any seasons, calander girl and C series faces could be put onto the BT3 body with the torso head kit installed, as well as the BT3 'star' head, and also of course the Star head could be installed onto the torso doll. However, neither head kit would be compatable with body 1 or body 2.

I pointed this out in this thread: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=60

and here is the maufacturers reply:
phoenixstudios wrote:Thanks for pointing that out.. That is the wrong photo :) Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers
-Joe

ks wrote:
siliconelover wrote:
ks wrote:Does this doll use a head kit like a torso?

No
Look at the BoyToy website, at the torso section. http://www.boytoydolls.com/main/?p=921

They have a new BT3 head kit listed, and the description says it fits the BT3 doll...
Boytoy Website wrote:The Boy Toy 3 head kit has arrived! Simply insert the head kit into the top of your torso or BT3 Doll.
The website has not been altered since/. So, I remain confused about this issue.

However, the faces certainly are not removable as Matt stated in the thread referred to above:
phoenixstudios wrote:Hey all :)

The head design on this doll is like the rd2 full head type. I am still working on some additional design elements like closing eyes, and that will he offered as a different version. The closing eye model will still be a full head skin, and I'm hoping to keep magnets to a minimum or possibly out of the design altogether. More news in that as I progress.

Thank you all so much for your positive comments !!!

Matt
My Doll Album is here!

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Hi All... and Happy New Year!

I realize how confusing this must seem. What a tangled web.

Let me do my best to clarify the head(s) issue; And this applies to everything: RD, RD2, WRD, BT, BT3 etc.... Please read below:

1.) Essentially all of the dolls I have made have very similar designs in terms of the means of attaching the head to the body. That being the case, you can (mechanically) pretty much attach any head from the RD or BT family to any RD or BT body, provided you have the proper skull for the face/head in question. The results may vary however, as there ARE some variations in the angles of the skull bases as well as the neck shapes and lengths on the various bodies, as well as head/face sizes. (I have made a lot of both. and with the evolution of the core designs, some variations are to be expected.) So, to summarize: As long as you have the right skull for the face in question, the means of attaching said skull to any RD/RD2/WRD/BT/BT3 body is essentially the same; Some will look better than others.

2.) There are 2 basic skull designs: The removable face design and the full head design. The removable face designs (Face X V1 and V2) are found in RD Classic and RD2 Faces A-I and K, as well as the original BT dolls. The faces are held onto the skulls with either Velcro (RD Classic) or Magnets (RD2 and BT). So far we are talking 3 different skulls: RD Classic, RD2 Magnetic, and BT Magnetic. The Full Head designs are found in all of the Wicked dolls, as well as the later RD2 faces (J, L, M). The BT3 also has this type of skull; However, again, there have been some subtle changes made that are unique to this head. BTW on a side note: The full head skins can be removed from the skull. they are not permanently attached to each other. Sounded like there was some confusion about that.

3.) So: All in all there are 5 skulls that cover all of the RD/BT faces. Please realize that improvements happen by trying new things, and sometimes making everything backwards compatible isn't always simple. But we do our best :?

Heres the bottom line: Nearly any face/body combination is possible. Some may not look as good as others, and some may require additional hardware. But in all cases, we are happy to help. If Joe or Debra can't tell you what you'll need they'll ask me, and we will make it happen. Or at the very least advise you if the combination isn't going to look right.

Hope this helps!

Matt

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

That's a very detailed and clear explanation of things Matt. Thanks for taking the time.

Happy New Year to you and your better half too !
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Matt's post should be made a sticky.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Yes very well explained, thanks Matt!
I have always had an absolute infatuation with the RD Classic Lisa face, now I know how I could get it to work with my RD2 body A :mrgreen:

Will talk to the staff about stickying this explanation as I agree it would help alot.

melloyello
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: RD/BT head systems design - answers by Matt

Post by melloyello »

wow thanks so much for all the information, and happy new year everybody!

rawrgasm
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: RD/BT head systems design - answers by Matt

Post by rawrgasm »

Awesome! This clears up a question I just posted. I'll get in touch with abyss to see what I'll need to put the new Star face on my old RD body 6!!

INFORMATIONS