Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Great Review of Melody-BT3 but I have some Buyer's Remorse..

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Great Review of Melody-BT3 but I have some Buyer's Remorse..

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

The good news is that my 1st beautiful doll arrived undamaged & on time thanks so much to: "Silust76"! ( http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... dy#p956713 )
...He really went above & beyond keeping his end of the deal!...The bad news is that all of a sudden I'm struggling with "Buyer's Remorse!" UGH! ...I kind've over extended myself finacially for this purchase & my main summer work is coming to an end soon... & I had a good idea as to all of the little expenses owning & maintaining a doll would be however I've had some unexpected expenses with "Julia" & aside her too. (I've renamed her from Cheryl);
& the "Stand" I made for her arrival didn't work out & I already gave Julia another new finger poke (aside the one it already had!) I even have her wearing oven mitts a lot so not even sure what happened. (?!) I'm confident that I could make a better "doll stand" like this one here though... http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17684 - (Thanks to: "manekineko")
& the overall feeling of the BT (Julia); to me is that the silicone is a bit harder, heavier & smaller than I expected it all would be... But maybe I just need to get used it?
The cornstarch helped a lot & I have to admit I love how easily her eyeballs move & the closing eyelids...She has full detailed lips too... The breasts seem quite hard but her nipples are outstanding.
On the 1st day the fooling around was very awkward & the insert felt too tight, however today was.. well I have to admit it was much better. :) !...& for her size she does have long legs too. :)
** But I'm tempted to try to resell her for what I paid...Any of you want to bid? & I'm not trying to whine here at all however... *** Well I guess I need some encouragement from you if possible! (?!) ...As if I sold this doll now it would defintely help take the pressure off of me finacially & I'm concerned about future repairs & expenses with Julia already. Of course then I will be in the same place I was in before & I'm trying to remind myself the reasons I decided to do all of this in the 1st place & that helps... Plus I know I got a very fair & good deal from Silust76. :)
I bought some "Sil-Poxy" online (not sure when it'll be delivered); that will help the finger pokes hopefully at least....
Anyways here some Photos (at low-resolution); - As I'm sure you're more interested in! & there's no dening she is very beautiful! (added some lip-stick too); I kind've rushed the photography & should've used a tripod...Next time... I hope you can convince me not to sell her!...

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Great Review of Melody-BT3 but I have some Buyer's Remor

Post by gonestill77 »

Congrats on receiving her, but come on man, give her a chance. I would love a boy toy lady. buyers remorse only comes if you let it take hold. You got a lovely lady at a great price. You went this far, so give her a little bit of time and i bet she grows on you......
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Congratulations!

We have all had that feeling where you take a financial punch to the face, but finding a way through to recovery is well worth it.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

We have all had that feeling where you take a financial punch to the face, but finding a way through to recovery is well worth it.
I agree. I extended myself out of my comfort zone to buy my Giulia doll but I have no regrets whatsoever. Its times like this when keeping good personal financial records and tracking come into play. I'm sure there are areas where you can reasonably cut back or find cheaper alternatives.
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Buying on impulse on a high end item can bring out buyers remorse. However if you have been saving or have the disposable income you are better off. For my two BT's I was saving up for a doll and Phoenix Studios had new releases (the Sky face for Azure and the BT5 for Celestia) that I had to just HAVE NOW, well after manufacturing. The manufacturing wait has the advantage that you have time to adjust to your new financial situation before your doll arrives. All the different life adjustment at once can be overwhelming, but she should get you under her spell very quickly.

Give her a little time and you will wonder how you were ever able to live without Julia!

0osik
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

The C Series BTs look so hypnotic!

Doc Brown
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doc Brown »

Speaking as someone who wanted to bid on Cheryl but had to step aside due to my own financial situation, I think you got one hell of a deal.
Give the poor girl a chance!

She looks amazing and given the chance, I'm sure she'll treat you well.
She's a BOY TOY!
Let her rock your world!

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

Thanks so much guys for your replies! :) I'll say that YES she is growing on me! :)... I think having a Stand for her will greatly increase my positiveness too... the biggest thing I guess I'm struggling is with her petiteness & the hardness of her body overall... Her hands are so small too.
However despite her smallness of her feet; they do look & feel very real which I like a lot already... I would like the rest of her a bit softer too (Maybe like a TPE?); but I really am attracted to her face & head!
Oh & I catch myself calling her "Cheryl" which is her previous owners name for her instead of "Julia" which I had planned to call her LOL! So for this post I'll call her "Cheryl" * mull it over...
So ideally I might be suited more for a larger (but heavier) RD with soft implants added... Maybe someday but I would definitely keep Cheryl's face!. :)
Overall I am happy with having a doll so far too so that's good although a lot of work!... Maybe I'll even grow to love it as a lot of you seem to be. :) So I'll at least take some time to see if things keep improving as you guys seem to believe they will.:)
OMG photographing her here (pics attached); I have to admit that in the doll world she is a stunner yes? :) Anyways I'll send another update & photos soon. OK Thanks again guys....

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

I had to shrink the photos down for the 2 pics to be accepted so hope it'll work this time ....

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Nice pics! :thumbs_up:

She's very beautiful, has a unique look.

She is 3 years old so unfortunately you just missed the new, softer Silicone mix that does rival TPE for softness, which Abyss/ Phoenix started using about a year and a half ago.
My Doll Album is here!

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

A very beautiful lady! :D Take a look back and this is a learning process.you will be amazed at the at the transformation and the bonding will continuel :D

Doc Brown
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doc Brown »

ks wrote:
She's very beautiful, has a unique look.
It's the bangs. I've never seen another BT with customized hair like that. :puppydogeyes:

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

Thanks again for your input guys! I'm feeling more positive & yes itaks gotten better & starting to feel a bond happen! Last night I had Cheryl lie on the couch with me wearing nylons. So her feet were on my legs & I found myself rubbing them & massaging them as they look & feel so real & good. I will fix the finger pokes & have started buying more clothes & accessories already. I need to slow down though as it can be expensive! Especially with my current situation that I mentioned. But I will build her a Stand too as I feel like I'm not taking full of advantage of her capability or potential. More Pics soon...

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

She is a great beauty congratulations on keeping her.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

ChaseroftheSun wrote:Thanks again for your input guys! I'm feeling more positive & yes itaks gotten better & starting to feel a bond happen! Last night I had Cheryl lie on the couch with me wearing nylons. So her feet were on my legs & I found myself rubbing them & massaging them as they look & feel so real & good. I will fix the finger pokes & have started buying more clothes & accessories already. I need to slow down though as it can be expensive! Especially with my current situation that I mentioned. But I will build her a Stand too as I feel like I'm not taking full of advantage of her capability or potential. More Pics soon...
That's great, it sounds like a love connection!

Congrats!
My Doll Album is here!

INFORMATIONS