Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Anyone know the size of the set nut in a BT3 neck bolt?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

HighZenBerg

Anyone know the size of the set nut in a BT3 neck bolt?

Post by HighZenBerg »

I misplaced the set nut that secures the neck bolt on my BT3. I'm thinking of looking for a compatible one at the hardware store - anyone happen to know the sizing?

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone know the size of the set nut in a BT3 neck bolt?

Post by RaDiv »

HighZenBerg wrote:I misplaced the set nut that secures the neck bolt on my BT3. I'm thinking of looking for a compatible one at the hardware store - anyone happen to know the sizing?
The neck bolt is 3/8" if it hasn't changed lately.
She told me to come but I was already there

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

HighZenBerg wrote:I misplaced the set nut that secures the neck bolt on my BT3. I'm thinking of looking for a compatible one at the hardware store - anyone happen to know the sizing?
Yes as Radiv posted, (ALL) BoyToy and RD dolls have a 3/8-16 bolt thread in the neck bolt port and replacement eyebolts can be gotten from hardware stores like Lowes or Home Depot here is the states and other stores as well. :D

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Plus one from here too...just checked both my RDs and BT3 and thats spot on!

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

3/8"-16.
In the case who you need to rework the thread you need an 3/8" UNC thread cutting tap.
s-l300.jpg
- SF -

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

I can confirm this is correct :)

Cheers
-Joe
RaDiv wrote:
The neck bolt is 3/8" if it hasn't changed lately.
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

Thanks for the responses everyone, but I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing here. I was referring to the tiny nut that goes in from the back of the neck bolt to keep the head from wobbling around. I thought those are called "set nuts" but I could be wrong. If i recall correctly, it was a couple of millimeters large, at most.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

HighZenBerg wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone, but I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing here. I was referring to the tiny nut that goes in from the back of the neck bolt to keep the head from wobbling around. I thought those are called "set nuts" but I could be wrong. If i recall correctly, it was a couple of millimeters large, at most.

A set screw like this?
screw.jpg
screw.jpg (3.21 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
She told me to come but I was already there

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

HighZenBerg wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone, but I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing here. I was referring to the tiny nut that goes in from the back of the neck bolt to keep the head from wobbling around. I thought those are called "set nuts" but I could be wrong. If i recall correctly, it was a couple of millimeters large, at most.
Now I know what you are referring to as you explained the location better. That is a Setscrew that locks the skull bolt in place to prevent it from backing out when the dolls head is turned from side to side! :thumbs_up: Screws have threads on the outside and nuts have threads on the inside. :D That setscrew is if I remember, is a 10-32 thread and uses a 5/64 allen or hex wrench to tighten and loosen it. Joe can confirm the size as I would have to take one out of one of my dolls to verify the size. Hope that is a better answer as to what you need! :D

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

dodgeman wrote:
Now I know what you are referring to as you explained the location better. That is a Setscrew that locks the skull bolt in place to prevent it from backing out when the dolls head is turned from side to side! :thumbs_up: Screws have threads on the outside and nuts have threads on the inside. :D That setscrew is if I remember, is a 10-32 thread and uses a 5/64 allen or hex wrench to tighten and loosen it. Joe can confirm the size as I would have to take one out of one of my dolls to verify the size. Hope that is a better answer as to what you need! :D
Aha! Learn something new every day! :lol:

Now that you got my terminology straight, we'll wait for confirmation from Joe. :D

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

HighZenBerg wrote:
dodgeman wrote:
Aha! Learn something new every day! :lol:

Now that you got my terminology straight, we'll wait for confirmation from Joe. :D
Hey there Sir,

I took the time to remove the setscrew from my body D doll's neck post, the one you asked about and verify the sizes to help you out. The screw is indeed a 10-32 thread pitch and uses a 3/32 allen/hex style wrench to remove and install it. My hex wrenches that I use for this purpose are the T-handle style that have a fairly long reach to get at the screw and makes it SO much easier to do the job! The screw is stainless steel but a standard non stainless screw would work fine providing NO moisture gets to it and starts it to rusting! :D

Here is a photo of the setscrew and the T-handle wrench I used, you can see the size marking on the handle! :thumbs_up:
P1040950 - Copy.JPG
P1040950 - Copy.JPG (608.9 KiB) Viewed 3042 times

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

Awesome - thanks so much dodgeman for verifying the size! I'll need to get several of them considering how they're like individual grains of rice that disappear into my shag rug.

INFORMATIONS