Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Hair

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Nick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Hair

Post by Nick »

Hi :)

I was wondering what everyone uses on their dolls hair to stop it from getting all frizzy and tangled?

Kristal's hair is synthetic and I noticed on one the the Abyss video's they were spraying something on Realbotix Harmony's hair while brushing Harmony's hair, anyone know what it is they were using? It kinda seems like a silly question, I just want to be careful not to get any harmful chemicals on Kristal or her hair

Thanks
:glou:
Nick

KiltedCowboy

Re: Hair

Post by KiltedCowboy »

I had read on several cosplay forums to use a solution of fabric softener and water on synthetic wigs. I have it in a spray bottle that I use on all of Mei Lin's wigs and it helps a lot! Makes them silky smooth and helps with getting out tangles. One of the wigs came with very long extensions and was tangled pretty badly. Took a little work with a bucket of water/fabric softener and slowly working my fingers through them, but all of the tangles did come out.
美琳 (Měi Lín) Doll Sweet 158 with Nanase head.

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

yes! :D It's in an old thread but if you don't see it Wrinkle Releaser by dollar general :D Works for me. :whistle:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Yup i get an empty spray bottle fill it almost half and half fabric softener and water. Stray the wig and brush starting at the ends and working your way up.

Also want to add brushing the hair from the root to the end is very bad for the hair, it is what causes the frizzing of the wig.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

You should also use either a wig brush or a tooth comb to avoid losing hair when untangling. Plus never use your good wigs if you want to take the doll into bed for the night.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

Hollywu
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Hollywu »

Just a thought - you may want to do any spritzing and initial styling on a styro wig head so as to minimize getting anything harmful on your doll's face, neck, head, etc.

Nick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Nick »

Thanks everyone, tons of help! I really appreciate it, and I'm sure Kristal would love her own brush :D

The styro head is also a good one Hollywu, I never thought of that, thanks :)
Nick

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

samara78 wrote: Also want to add brushing the hair from the root to the end is very bad for the hair, it is what causes the frizzing of the wig.
I wish I had come across this advice earlier :?

Shepard

Post by Shepard »

A tangle teaser is really helpful too, it's a detangling hair brush. Got one for 7.99 us at a Sally's they are on Amazon for around 10.
Attachments
s1739812-main-Lhero.jpg
s1739812-main-Lhero.jpg (25.3 KiB) Viewed 2306 times

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

De-tangling brush works well. For wigs that allow for it, low temperature setting on a ceramic hair straightener can help too. Check with the wig manufacturer or the included label/documentation before applying heat.

INFORMATIONS