sexyrealsexdolls.com

Questions from a first time buyer

Worldwide authorized re-seller of the best TPE and Silicone realistic sex dolls. We are based in the US and we ship all over the world: USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America. We strive to provide the best customer service and our mission is to find the best dolls for our customers in order to make their dreams to come true. We can help you to build or customize your doll, and our customer support team also speaks Spanish and Portuguese. Find the best dolls and prices at: sexyrealsexdolls.com
Oppai_Warrior
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Questions from a first time buyer

Post by Oppai_Warrior »

A former co-worker recommended this site to me (SRSD) when I asked where he got his doll. The Mary doll caught my eye. It is priced at $1999 USD, and around $1600 with the analversary discount. For someone who lives paycheck to paycheck, $1600 sounds like a lot to drop on merchandise that I don't have history with, but I really want this doll. So here are my questions:

1. Is SRSD trustworthy? I know they're listed as legit vendors on this site, but I really REALLY want to be sure before I drop $1600 on a doll I may or may not get. I really don't want to deal with scammers. I'm sorry if many people have already asked this question. I'm just very nervous.

2. Mary's bust size is 92cm, but there's another doll with 91cm (she's a 168cm model with head #105). Despite having only 1cm apart in difference, the 168cm model looks to have much smaller breasts. Is this a screen resolution error? Or are Mary's breasts not the same size as advertised? That would be a shame because I really like Mary's bust size, according to the pictures. Does the upper/under bust, featured on Mary, make her breasts look bigger?

3. If I bought the Mary model, but choose a different head (currently looking at #85 and #45), will the entire doll be one color? (I want natural color) or will the head be one color and the body a different one?

4. I like the hairstyle on head #85, but it doesn't look like the same one is displayed on the list of possible hairstyles when customizing the doll. Is there a way to choose the hairstyle on #85 (and maybe the face) for the doll's head? Or do I have to choose among the list of already provided hairstyles?
- Also, if I chose head #85 or #45, the eyes will be opened on my doll, right?

5. In the best way you can describe, how does TPE feel to the touch?

I only found out about this site a few hours ago, and the analversary discount ends in just under 3 days. I would like to buy the doll before the discount expires, but just can't do it until I know all that I need to about this purchase.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Questions from a first time buyer

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Welcome! Starting out can be a daunting and overwhelming experience. Don't get fixated only on the gorgeous faces and lovely hourglass figures! Keep in mind WEIGHT and intended storage and use. This can be a challenging yet rewarding lifestyle and your new girl will be reliant on your every move. Make sure you do your homework and understand the realities from fantasy.

Read this site for a good intro and resource for starters:
http://mysexdoll.net/the-best-sex-dolls-guide/

I personally can't recommend the above site to buy anything from; they are not a vetted vendor on this forum. However, the information provided is well organized and accurate.

Keep in mind.....there are tons of vendors out there but NO means of quality control. Most take advantage of the NO RETURN policy for intimate products. That's where our vendors really shine, they are all tested and true. Just stick with a TDF approved vendor.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=68

SRSD is one of our vetted vendors. Feel free to throughly explore their site. You should come across sections that let you choose the head you want, skin color, nails and other options. Yes head and body skin color will match when all is said and done. Hair styles are more subjective. Just select the color and length. YOU will have to learn how to tame and style it to your liking. Body stats are pretty consistent across all vendors. The photographs can be deceiving. Shop around and look at pictured reviews here.

If you were referred here by a doll owner, ask if you can see and touch his. Just a causal meet should be fine and you will be able to answer you skin feel question. Do not ask for a "test drive"! If you can get a meeting, maybe you have a local adult toy store nearby. The skin feel is very similar to many of the male masturbatotrs like fleshlite or doc Johnson. I really don't think you will be disappointed in this concern.

Shop around. There are always other sales going on. Take your time and do not rush into it. Other vendors will often make every attempt to meet or beat a reasonable price match offer. Be aware of the CONCEPT of dolls' WEIGHT and the respective size. Narrow your decision to a TPE doll and a silicon doll. Email or PM 2-3 vendors directly from here (TDF) and ask any questions to gauge your desired level of customer service and for pricing/available discounts.
Best wishes!
:plaidskirt:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

SeniorDollLover

Post by SeniorDollLover »

1. Yes.
2. Call the vendor. Many of the approved vendors are very proactive in answering every imaginable question, they have been there before.
3. When you order heads (sometimes up to or over $400) you choose the skin color ro match your existing doll (natural, tan, etc.).
4. Ask the vendor. Hair/wig choices are customizable as the face/heads are. In some cases the modeled picture hair may not be an "in stock" one, but vendors usually bend over backwards to get you what you want, so ask. I believe eyes closed may be a head option, so again, ask.
5. Sorry, my doll isn't here yet, can't truthfully answer. But while your waiting for post, search the TDF for tpe feel, difference in tpe and skin, etc. You'll be surprised how much comes up.

6. If your monetarily limited, consider the for sale section of TDF. There are dolls in all sizes, makes and models, some never used to regularly used. It;s an option. And if your set on a "new" doll, don't discount the smaller dolls. SRSD is an approved vendor, but check out the others also.

Good luck my friend.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

The Mary is a JY Doll, the site says its a YL, Mary is the muscular version of the slimmer Tiffany on JY's site. Vendors often rename the same doll from the manufacturer who made them.

Stevo85

Post by Stevo85 »

Oppai_Warrior wrote:A former co-worker recommended this site to me (SRSD) when I asked where he got his doll. The Mary doll caught my eye. It is priced at $1999 USD, and around $1600 with the analversary discount. For someone who lives paycheck to paycheck, $1600 sounds like a lot to drop on merchandise that I don't have history with, but I really want this doll. So here are my questions:

1. Is SRSD trustworthy? I know they're listed as legit vendors on this site, but I really REALLY want to be sure before I drop $1600 on a doll I may or may not get. I really don't want to deal with scammers. I'm sorry if many people have already asked this question. I'm just very nervous.

All the vendors listed on TDF are trustworthy.
2. Mary's bust size is 92cm, but there's another doll with 91cm (she's a 168cm model with head #105). Despite having only 1cm apart in difference, the 168cm model looks to have much smaller breasts. Is this a screen resolution error? Or are Mary's breasts not the same size as advertised? That would be a shame because I really like Mary's bust size, according to the pictures. Does the upper/under bust, featured on Mary, make her breasts look bigger?
I good way to get a good idea of what a doll will be like is searching for amateur pictures from TDF users. Use the search function or the doll matrix to find threads. Or PM the vendors to ask for photos from the workshop. They should be happy to help you.
3. If I bought the Mary model, but choose a different head (currently looking at #85 and #45), will the entire doll be one color? (I want natural color) or will the head be one color and the body a different one?
I think most vendors allow you to assemble your own doll on the website. You can always contact one directly to look for different combinations as well. If you buy a head separately, make sure you select the same skin type to match the body. Most vendors have the white, pink and tan options but some also offer shades of brown.
4. I like the hairstyle on head #85, but it doesn't look like the same one is displayed on the list of possible hairstyles when customizing the doll. Is there a way to choose the hairstyle on #85 (and maybe the face) for the doll's head? Or do I have to choose among the list of already provided hairstyles?
- Also, if I chose head #85 or #45, the eyes will be opened on my doll, right?
You will most likely have to choose between the standard options when buying a doll. Unless the "package" you ordered specified that it comes as shown. Some vendors offer special wigs from the photoshoots. You can always purchase your own wigs separately too offcourse. Theyre usually not very expensive unless you get one made of real hair.
5. In the best way you can describe, how does TPE feel to the touch?
Ive only experienced a TPE doll. So I cant compare it to silicon. But TPE feels very soft and lifelike. Especially after its been powdered with corn starch or talc. Its also very jiggly. Your dolls boobs will wobble playfully just from shaking your bed or stomping on your matress next to her.

As a final word id like to repeat that contacting a vendor directly through the forums or through the websites customer service is a good bet for your next step. Be sure to ask them if they can deliver the doll you want as advertized in the photo's. I can understand why you want it. Its exactly what got me hooked on mine. I can recommend you a vendor that I know does this. But I wont do it in this thread because I dont want to advertize a vendor in the forum of another and risk hindering their business.
Kind regards,

Stevo

Oppai_Warrior
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Oppai_Warrior »

Thanks for the replies; they definitely help me with jumping over these purchase hurdles. However, another question came up as I slept on the topic. Does the "standing feet" option have holes that water can get into when I'm washing it? Or even small specks of dirt? I looked at the pictures on SRSD and RLSD and there are black spots on the three metal protrusions that look like holes, under the foot. Or was I looking at that wrong?

I asked my ex co-worker, but he didn't get the standing feet option, so he doesn't know.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

It is not wholly recommended to let any doll just "free stand" on their own. This is because the feet are not designed to hold their own weight like a real human foot is. Dolls have a small plate and ankle joint. The rest is just covered into the TPE material which while very soft, it is also fragile and easily damaged. Socks and shoes may help reinforce the area but usually just hides the damage until she is undressed. Knees, hands, and elbow all share the similar trait of being easily damaged when supporting doll positions incorrectly.

Most TPE dolls have an option called "standing foot". It adds 3 screws that extend from the foot plate through the sole of the feet. The screws are very noticeable and (in theory) are supposed act as hardpoint reinforcement. However since the screws protrude from the skin, these areas are still very prone to severe localized skin damage, collecting dirt and water can seep into the skeleton while washing. Theory does not always lead to sound results.

I can't recommend the standing option for new adoptions; the learning curve is steep enough. Also if you have the slightest foot fetish, the screws really ruin the look. In short never rely on your doll standing and supporting their own weight. Always use some kind of support to distribute weight and stabilize. Alternatively use a specialized doll/mannequin fixture or stand. I know it can take away from the fantasy you may have but it is the reality of the dolls currently (TPE or silicone).

Also see this thread for more discussion and photos
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... t=Standing

:glou:

Oppai_Warrior
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Oppai_Warrior »

Boobman wrote:The Mary is a JY Doll, the site says its a YL, Mary is the muscular version of the slimmer Tiffany on JY's site. Vendors often rename the same doll from the manufacturer who made them.
Interesting. I'll have to look it up some more.

By the way, what is "JY" and "YL"? Is it like a style used in a doll's creation? Kind of like WM for Western-made? At least, I assume that's what WM means. If not, does it have another meaning?

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Oppai_Warrior wrote: By the way, what is "JY" and "YL"? Is it like a style used in a doll's creation? Kind of like WM for Western-made? At least, I assume that's what WM means. If not, does it have another meaning?
They are brands. Like Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Oppai_Warrior wrote:
Boobman wrote:The Mary is a JY Doll, the site says its a YL, Mary is the muscular version of the slimmer Tiffany on JY's site. Vendors often rename the same doll from the manufacturer who made them.
Interesting. I'll have to look it up some more.

By the way, what is "JY" and "YL"? Is it like a style used in a doll's creation? Kind of like WM for Western-made? At least, I assume that's what WM means. If not, does it have another meaning?
YL, JY and WM are Doll companies. you can see YL and WM listed in the forum section "Love Dolls under $4000 - Asia & Europe" Their websites are linked there as well.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=197

JY is a newer company to TDF that I believe is seeking approval, they have a website and I believe some vendors may carry their dolls.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

fxrs789

Post by fxrs789 »

I just bought my first doll about a month ago after a fair bit of research. I got a 105cm JY doll from a vendor on Ebay. Figured I'd start small and modestly priced and see how it goes. I'm starting to buy new clothes for her and experimenting with makeup, wigs, ect. I've got a lot to learn, but I'm having fun. Owning a doll is as much a turn on for me as I hoped it would be. I'm also glad I got a smaller doll. The weight and size of a bigger doll would be cumbersome for me.
Of all the things I've lost.....I miss my mind the most...

Oppai_Warrior
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Oppai_Warrior »

fxrs789 wrote:I just bought my first doll about a month ago after a fair bit of research. I got a 105cm JY doll from a vendor on Ebay. Figured I'd start small and modestly priced and see how it goes. I'm starting to buy new clothes for her and experimenting with makeup, wigs, ect. I've got a lot to learn, but I'm having fun. Owning a doll is as much a turn on for me as I hoped it would be. I'm also glad I got a smaller doll. The weight and size of a bigger doll would be cumbersome for me.
Playing dress-up sounds nice; I might do that as well, but a smaller doll may not do it for me. The real reason I'm getting the 166cm one is because my most recent ex was about that tall, had that kind of figure, but her bust was much smaller. In fact, now that I think of it, all 3 of my exes' bust sizes would, approximately, equal Mary's total bust size (according to her pictures on the SRSD website). Breast size isn't a deal breaker for me - I'll definitely go out with less-endowed women. I've just been wanting to see what it's like to have sex with a bustier woman with the same curves and body type as my recent ex.

fxrs789

Post by fxrs789 »

All shapes and sizes, right? That's what makes the world go 'round.....
I'm still learning the technical stuff....heating, cleaning, ect. I saw someone mention using cocoa powder on the doll's skin... Sounded cool....So I tried it-made a big mess. Luckily it washed off. Maybe if you had a black doll it would be ok. I tried using corn starch- much better, but a fair bit of work to get it on evenly. Big improvement on the skin texture.
Of all the things I've lost.....I miss my mind the most...

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

I would also try to contact booty call dolls. Jeff has been helping me out with my first purchase questions. I'm also reading the feedback here too.

stones
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by stones »

Everyone is giving you great advice, I am just curious how you and your co-worker started talking about dolls? It's not usually something people just bring up in conversation!

INFORMATIONS