www.6yedollglobal.com/

Potential improvement on doll weight & skin?

6Ye is an all time ready & customer-centric team offering beautiful, realistic and soulful looking sex dolls. Our hand-crafted dolls are a piece of art for us. We have been in the business over 4 years, serving customers all over the world. We do not handle retail sales. Please feel free to inquire for our dolls, then purchase from our authorized resellers.
Wanna_TPE

Re: Potential improvement on doll weight & skin?

Post by Wanna_TPE »

A 2KG reduction aint nothin'to sneeze at:)
That's about 4.4 pounds less!
How about a fiberglass/aluminium composite?

HighAdventureDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HighAdventureDolls »

ZZZZ wrote:
DrMetal wrote:The parts I'm interested in are the temperature for TPE/silicone casting and the internal structure of doll torso and head. Did you see any of them? Thx!
I don't have the exact numbers on hand, but I think TPE casting is around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and silicone is less than half that.

TPE dolls have no "internal structure" other than the skeleton.

Because of the lower casting temperature, silicone dolls may have a more varied internal structure. I've read that many silicone dolls have foam on the inside.
I recently discovered that some dolls do have an internal structure. There are hollow plastic "shells" inside some dolls that (1.) reduce the weight of the doll and (2.) reduce the cost of TPE for the manufacturer. In my opinion, they also make the doll more realistic depending on the placement of the shell, for instance there is a doll that had a hollow rib cage/lungs shell that made the that area more solid, like a real chest cavity would feel.

I have a photo, I need to figure out how to post images. [new member]

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Welcome to the forum HighAdventureDolls.
HighAdventureDolls wrote: I recently discovered that some dolls do have an internal structure. There are hollow plastic "shells" inside some dolls
Where did you discover this information? Could you provide a link?

Also, new members cannot add attachments to posts, but you may use the 'img' tags in the full reply editor to link a photo.

HighAdventureDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Seattle Slew wrote:Welcome to the forum HighAdventureDolls.
HighAdventureDolls wrote: I recently discovered that some dolls do have an internal structure. There are hollow plastic "shells" inside some dolls
Where did you discover this information? Could you provide a link?

Also, new members cannot add attachments to posts, but you may use the 'img' tags in the full reply editor to link a photo.
img tags.PNG
I don't have a link, I received this info first hand from one of the companies I purchased from in China. This forum is the link for it now.

I want to become a dealer, so I was doing extensive research and having problems getting answers to my abundant questions. I figured a good way to learn was to perform an autopsy on a doll. So I bought an inexpensive mini doll, and removed all the skin to see exactly what was under there. The photos I took are my own, can't link them unless I post them online somewhere first. I found the "lungs" plastic shell (which also had indent markings to where the doll's nipples lined up, so maybe they use this as a marker as well?), and asked one of the companies I purchased from in China about it (it's a company I have developed a reasonable relationship with over time). He told me that a lot of companies use hollow shells to reduce the weight and save on TPE. Made a lot of sense to me.

A 165cm doll I purchased recently does not have a shell in it. I didn't strip it down, but I can feel that it's not in there, and in my opinion, it should be so you have better support when lifting or moving the body around. Especially when they're heavy, 65+ pounds, your hand can push too far into the body and reduce your leverage.

I didn't get exact details on which companies use what, but I did learn that one of the most expensive (and reputable) companies uses multiple hollow shells to reduce weight. At that point, it probably becomes more expensive than the cost associated with saving some TPE material.

Let me find a way to post a photo link, it's really pretty fascinating.

HighAdventureDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here's the link to a photo I took of the doll after removing the skin. The plastic ribs/lungs piece was tied into place with a thin twine/string (not what you see in the pic, but similar).

https://ibb.co/ksXjAG

HighAdventureDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Something else I discovered was that all the joints are wrapped in a thin cloth (prob to prevent TPE interfering with movement), with thin twine wrapped intricately all the around it like a hand-made sword handle. The man-hours required to build these things is pretty impressive, no wonder they're almost all manufactured in China. There's a lot more that goes into doll production than meets the eye.

HighAdventureDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here's an image of what the cloth with string/twine looked like on the joints. It was NOT easy to remove. Took hours to clean the skin completely off the skeleton.

Yes, it was a little creepy cutting skin off. What can I say, you gotta work for real knowledge. Especially in an industry that holds it's secrets so close.

https://ibb.co/dcvCVG

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Thanks for the images HighAdventureDolls. That skeleton with the chest cavity looks like an older one too..

HighAdventureDolls
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think it was a 2017 model doll, but it could have first debuted in 2016. It is however, the older skeleton, yes. It's not the newer, more jointed and shrugging shoulder type skeletons.

Wanna_TPE

Post by Wanna_TPE »

What about good ol' fiberglass?
I'm a leyman also into materials science and I know carbon fiber gets all the attention these days but fiberglass would likely be cheaper and plenty strong in a doll skeletal design for today;)

Dollmetscher
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dollmetscher »

Hello, I'm also a new member.

DS Doll has some improvements on the doll structures. :D

1. 100cm Mini as interesting skeleton inside. (with shrugging shoulder hinges)

http://en.dsdolleurope.com/manual/ds-mi ... i-skeleton

2. EX-Lite is made of Polyurethan (PUR) and only 8kg. (However, not so good skin conditions.)

http://en.dsdolleurope.com/bodies/ex-lite

3. Robotic development 8O

https://cloudclimax.com/p/robotic-doll-technology

Sexy Sex Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Sexy Sex Doll »

isn't fibreglass too expensive and it's also costly to process
SSD Massive Sex Doll Models Collection
- Free shipping
- We help EU customers to handle Import Duty and VAT
- FREE Gifts

Review on SSD
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=84705
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=86570
First i like to thank Sexysexdoll for the whole transaction process. It was by far the best purchase experience with a vendor i ever made.
They have a really good relationship to the manufacturers, get fast in contact with them to solve problems directly or change something shortly.
Biggest recommendation i can give!!
Free Take Care Kit For Big Sex Doll Purchase
*Limited Time Only*

Quater

Post by Quater »

Wanna_TPE wrote:A 2KG reduction aint nothin'to sneeze at:)
That's about 4.4 pounds less!
Agree. Every pound counts.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

I've often thought weight reduction could come from creating hollow spaces (internal balloons) like what's done with breasts for many dolls.
It's a simple solution. Could save a good amount of weight and in addition save manufacturer serious money in materials per unit.
Hollow tummy area and buttocks areas. I would think 7-10 pounds.

INFORMATIONS