www.funwestdoll.com

Selene Supreme Goddess

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
jack3000

Selene Supreme Goddess

Post by jack3000 »

First off, I am a new poster, but I've been reading the forums here for several months. That said, if I break any rules with my post, I apologize, and ask that someone point in the right direction.

I recently read a thread about the Selene solid/inflatable doll in this forum, and have been doing some homework. Here is a link to the picture just to make sure we're all on the same page.

http://www.bittysboudoir.com.au./dolls/selene.jpg

Now, from what I gather, there is a lot of interest in this doll. Unfortunately, there is no way to get it in the US until the shop mentioned elsewhere in this thread in Las Vegas starts selling them in May. I have contacted the manufacturer about setting up a reseller account here in the US. I do have business experience, and see a potential market niche in bringing this doll to the states. It is possible, but I have to order a minimum of 80 dolls. What I don't know yet is the cost of international freight, so I'm still working out some numbers. This all constitutes a pretty a large investment on my part, so I'm feeling out the market.

Obviously my first question would be : How many of you would commit to purchasing this doll at a price of $265.00 plus $25.00 shipping? That would be a jumping off point, but until I know the cost of freight, customs, FOB etc. etc., you can't hold me to that. From what I've read in this forum, the cost of shipping to the states basically doubles the cost of the doll, but I would hope the quantity purchase would significantly reduce that cost.

The second question I have is : Are any of you willing to invest in this endeavor? To split the cost/profits 50/50 would be about a $6,000 to $7,000 investment. PM me to talk about specifics.

viniz113
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

I started it

Post by viniz113 »

Hey Lurker,i'm vinni,i'm tho one who found that doll.Never thought it would bring such a reaction,but she's indeed a great looking doll FOR THAT PRICE.If you say that she'll be available in may in the U.S.,then no problem.If i did understand what you wrote,that's the case.If not, be sure you have a lot of takers.( I'LL BE THE FIRST ONE)

Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 5000 »

I might buy... But I would need to see some buyer feedback first. I worry about the angle of the marriage hole.

jack3000

Selene Supreme Goddess

Post by jack3000 »

Vinni,

Somewhere in that thread that you started, someone mentioned by name a shop in Las Vegas that is going to start selling this doll in May. I'll go back and see if I can find it. If they really are going to be selling the doll at a fair price, then I'm not going to bother competing with them. If they are unable to get it, or sell it at an unreasonable price, I will look into importing them myself. I'm just trying to gauge the interest of forum members before I undertake that endeavor.

blacksmith
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blacksmith »

i'll buy one! now it if it had bent knees, you could have a potential kneeling/ doggy style doll... that would rock!

~BS~
I can find the area under the curve, but I can't find my car in a parking lot!

I was once told "that's not possible", so I went out and did the impossible.

I fell in love with a doll...

Tazzdoll

Post by Tazzdoll »

Jack,

Need to see if you can get a better picture. I would get one if she is standing, straight legs, not bent. See what you can find out.

TAZZ

Peonyou101
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Peonyou101 »

Wow, I am instrested as well but I to would like to see more pics and more info on this doll first before I take the plung in purchase

viniz113
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

GOOD WORK

Post by viniz113 »

Hey Jack,good work on your investigation,i couldn't do much myself.Let us know when you get more about the doll.Of course people will want feedback,but not doable.C'mon people she's cheap,it can't be that bad.TAKE A CHANCE,I WILL.(if it comes to that,of course).Let's hope a VEGAS distributor takes the chance.

beavis6363
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by beavis6363 »

Hi all,
I have not been posting much but I usually read through the forums on a regular basis. Although I can't make a flat out commitment to blindly purchase this doll, I must say I am very enthusiastic about the quoted target price and I really like this doll's general construction design. The pose ability options and apparent disassembly option for storage are two big plusses for me. It also appears that the individual sections could be stuffed eliminating the need to rely on the integrity of the air chambers should they eventually fail. In short I would need to see some more pictures of the actual product to persuade me to commit fully. Some good photos and or documentation of the snap together (?) joints would be very helpful. I will add also that $400. (US) would probably be my personal tipping point for making a purchase with no user feed back available. Also I would be content with the doll and insert (?) alone, without the gadgets and gimmick items that likely inflate (pun intended) the price unnecessarily. Is the doll available without buying the whole package of paraphernalia? I apologize if this seems "wishy washy", but it's as much of a commitment as I am comfortable in making at this time and feel it's fair and probably helpful to offer these opinions for those gauging consumer interest.
Best to all,
Beavis

This might save others some time, hight of 155cm equals 5'.

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

I received an email from the manufacturer yesterday that they are negotiating with several venders in the US for this doll so I'm sure we will see her soon on many adult sites.
I was told that I only had to purchase three but I don't want even one or to be in business....I'm retired. It is good that they respond to email quickly.

Let the adult sites deal with the sales and shipping. She will be a hot item.

JackT

Thank you, Bill

Post by JackT »

Thank you, Bill. One can be quickly overwhelmed with "gotta have it now" syndrome, especially when it comes to an attractive new doll.

UPS shipping quotes for a single doll (HK to US) ran up to $450 sans customs and duty fees, and Bitty's rescinded their previous $300 AU shipping quote to me because the product will be heavier than 20 kgs (24.5 kgs in it's shipping carton, according to Nanma); shipping from AU to US could be as high as $800 AU, according to Bitty's.

While it would be nice to be first on the block, last summer's newest doll in the sub-$1000 category taught me to be skeptical until real-world photos and reviews have been published.

Cheers,

JackT

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

JackT,

I'm sure the large adult toy suppliers will get the best deal plus they can absorb the loss should there be negative reports which would kill an individual trying to sell this doll. The stuff in their catalog doesn't look that good and we know that the photo on the box can be much different than what is inside. I hope someone gets one soon so we can see.

Pinklady

Post by Pinklady »

This sounds like a mission for the DollForum Toystore.

Who here actually has contact with them?

They offer several Japanese anime type dolls that may be made by the same company so we should have a contact here to get our balls rolling.

Deal direct with the manufacturer, get 3 (if that is the minimum order) and our talented gang would be making them up. dressing them, and provide great photos for advertisment.

I too would like to see more but am willing to gamble a reasonable amount.

So who in management can start things?

Pinklady

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

I find this doll rather interesting. I see that the skin appears to be 3/8 inch (9.5mm) thick with an inflatable inner core. I'm thinking this doll is just asking to be foam filled.

I could pour in expanding urethane foam into the arms and legs, then cut off the excess. As for the body... many posibilities for silicone/foam/etc exist.

Hell... I could put a robotic system in there... but that's getting ahead of myself...

Anyway... I have done some work with Lady Calston before... http://www.calston.com ...so I contacted the general manager and requested to see if they were interested in shipping to the USA. They get a lot of product from Namna... so they generally make the minimum requirements pretty quickly. I also asked if they could give the members here a good price.

I figured it couldn't hurt to try right?

I am wondering how the body will feel... I mean a latex doll skin is 3/16 thick (2.5mm) while this doll is about 3 times that from the pictures I see. Will she feel firm? Is the material soft?

I'm very curious... so we will see what happens.

Jerry
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

jack3000

Selene

Post by jack3000 »

Bill,

When you got your quote for a minimum purchase of 3 dolls, did they give you any idea on shipping costs? Three dolls is much more realistic than the 80 they told me I would have to buy if that was the only product I would be importing. I think many of the responses here are correct in that the larger, established adult stores are better equipped to take the risk on an unproven product. But if a minimum order of 3 dolls could be had for around $900.00, I'd be willing to make that purchase and resell the other 2 here to forum members, just so we can see what Selene is all about.

INFORMATIONS