www.funwestdoll.com

Cleaning advice for Latex Lover?

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
Acroyear

Cleaning advice for Latex Lover?

Post by Acroyear »

Hello, I'm new to the forum (but long-time lurker) and need advice on deep-cleaning/sterilizing a Latex Lover doll. I checked previous threads and found most warned against chemicals. But is rubbing alcohol or soap okay on small portions (like only around or in the holes)?
My doll is really old and I don't want the original makeup to rub off any more than it already has.
Thanks in advance!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Cleaning advice for Latex Lover?

Post by samara78 »

Never use anything with oil to clean her. Clean her with warm water and a hand sanitizer with a soft sponge. You can also use armor all original. Spray it on her leave it for a fewminutes than wipe her off with a soft cloth. Hope this helps.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Congrats on finding a Latex Lover! The texture is so wonderful!

Hand soap - an ordinary bar of soap?

Methylated spirits perhaps?

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Acroyear

Post by Acroyear »

Thanks for the replies! I will use warm water for the body and maybe dilluted hand sanitizer for just the holes.
She was in storage for many years... improper storage, I'm sorry to admit. So after rediscovering her, I want to clean her up and save her.
I had other latex dolls that couldn't be saved (the skins rubber rotted or disintegrated) but Latex Lover? Built like a tank!
DAWN - 6YE 165cm F-cup N17 head viewtopic.php?t=175086

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I wouldn't use anything for the holes other than a squirt of water from a shower hose pipe. Then wipe with something dry and hang up to air, but not in sunlight.

If you ever want to sell her there will be many prospective purchasers here.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Acroyear

Post by Acroyear »

Thanks again for the advice, I'll refrain from applying anything other than water then. I was thinking of replacing her with a solid doll... but I'm taking my time looking at all the options. She'll be with me for a little while yet.

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

Body soaps (especially "remoisturizing" stuff) contain oils and are unsuited to wash latex. Also fragrances/ perfumes are harmful. Only simple dishwashing detergents or special latex soaps can be safely used. After direct contact with oily substances it must be washed immediately (every minute counts) with detergent. Rinse well after wash. Do not wash much hotter than body temperature - it can discolour latex beige or brown.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Acroyear wrote:Thanks again for the advice, I'll refrain from applying anything other than water then. I was thinking of replacing her with a solid doll... but I'm taking my time looking at all the options. She'll be with me for a little while yet.
Don't even think of that.... Instead, think of how much fun *2* would be. An inflatable on one side of you and a solid doll under the other.

"But what would I do with 2??" Dammit man, that is for you to figure out on your own! Its lots of fun to try!
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Congrats on the Latex Lover - and joining the doll community - DarkOne - :thumbs_up:

All the posts seem like good advice - I to use just warm water flush when in the shower - as this doll has a thicker skin than most air babes - she should be very long lasting for you

After a thorough warm water flush I too let her air dry - note I do all this cleaning with the doll deflated - maybe others do it with her inflated - but I always clean her when she is deflated - allows for more complete access for the warm water and air later for drying - I do also use a soft microfiber towel absorb any excessive water after

Also - follow the out of direct sunlight advice - its a fact latex does break down under UV light from the sun - trust me she doesn't need a tan - she is fine as is

Happy Trails -

Acroyear

Post by Acroyear »

Thanks everyone! I will be cleaning this doll deflated - more out of fear that the limbs will catch on something while moving about in the bathroom!
That reminds me, a long time ago I was cleaning an inflated cheaper doll with warm water and suddenly realized it was expanding from the heated air inside! That was kind of scary.

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

Acroyear wrote:That reminds me, a long time ago I was cleaning an inflated cheaper doll with warm water and suddenly realized it was expanding from the heated air inside! That was kind of scary.
Unless the water was excessively hot (painful to touch) or she already badly overinflated, this is normal and not really a risk. For PVC rather very cold overinflation is dangerous. In warm state it is fairly elastic (but less than latex). For latex water heat above body temperature or aggressive soaps should be avoided, because this may make it turn brown or decompose over time.

In my bathroom are several PVC inflatable dolls (superhero, mannequin etc.) those react noticeably on weather temperature and barometric pressure. When I shower them to remove collected dust, they expand a bit if water is luke warm, and collapse when water is cold. (I prefer cold anyway to conserve energy.)

Acroyear

Post by Acroyear »

Unless the water was excessively hot (painful to touch) or she already badly overinflated, this is normal and not really a risk.
You're right, but it was still a surprise to me at the time. Plus, that doll had a history of leaks and thin spots on her skin that I didn't want to become more of a problem. I don't have that doll anymore; it was one of several that didn't survive my poor storage.

INFORMATIONS