www.funwestdoll.com

Repairing an old Letha Weapons Latex doll

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Okay ... anyone who has ever owned one of these latex dolls is probably quite familiar with what happens to them over time when not using the best cleaning/storage procedures. Eventually the vag and ass tubes will dry rot and/or deteriorate to the point of not being able to be repaired ... usually the doll will end up in the trash. With the rarity of these latex wonders, if the latex skin is in good shape it is definitely worth it to take the time to rebuild/restore these dolls back to usable condition.

I hope this tutorial can help someone else restore their Letha Weapons or Latex Lady back to usable condition.
Letha Repair (01).JPG
Letha Repair (01).JPG (344.98 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Stage one - Preparation
Set out a work area and gathered supplies needed for the first stage of preparations. Work area is well lighted.
Supplies :
1. Letha Weapons latex skin - Dry rotted vag/ass tubes have been cut off already.
2. Air pump I'm using - Intex Double Quick III
Letha Repair (02).JPG
Letha Repair (02).JPG (290.63 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Supplies: (continued)
3. Replacement vag/ass tubes - Thanks go out to TDF member Solitaryman for creating this replacement vag/ass tube combo.
4. Spray bottle of distilled or RO water for wet sanding the latex skin.
5. Pair of 6 inch foam paint rollers.
6. Dremel (or comparable substitute) with 120 grit sanding drums. I used a total of 6 sanding drums to complete this project. The drums will slowly disintegrate when used for wet sanding.
7. A few clean paper towels for cleaning sanded area when wet sanding. A clean fine textured or microfiber cloth will work just as well.
Letha Repair (03).JPG
Letha Repair (03).JPG (350.96 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Insert vag/ass tube into latex skin's vag/ass openings. Insert foam paint rollers into vag/ass tubes to provide a seal for inflating the latex skin.
Letha Repair (04).JPG
Letha Repair (04).JPG (352.85 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Rollers inserted and latex skin partially inflated.
Letha Repair (05).JPG
Letha Repair (05).JPG (330.93 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Carefully press the patch against the latex skin shape. Mark off a rough outline to use for trimming the excess vag/ass tube patch. Remove rollers and patch and trim off excess. Set aside.
Letha Repair (06).JPG
Letha Repair (06).JPG (256.88 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Mark off approximate area where patch will be installed on the latex skin. Spray a bit of water on the area to be wet sanded. Using the Dremel on the lowest speed setting, carefully and gently wet sand the very top coating of the latex skin. Wet sand a bit past the marked off area for good measure. Red circled area shows what has been wet sanded at this stage. This area was completed in about 2 hours.
Letha Repair (07).JPG
Letha Repair (07).JPG (255.47 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Another couple hours of wet sanding the next evening ...
Letha Repair (08).JPG
Letha Repair (08).JPG (259.46 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Area now completely wet sanded and ready for next stage of cleaning and prepping.
Letha Repair (09).JPG
Letha Repair (09).JPG (477.76 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Supplies needed :
Acetone
Soft cloth/rag
Tear Mender latex fabric adhesive
Letha Repair (10).JPG
Letha Repair (10).JPG (246.17 KiB) Viewed 11330 times
Clean wet sanded area well with Acetone solvent to remove latex dust left from wet sanding, oils/greases and marker used for marking the area to wet sand.

( more to come ... )
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Repairing an old Letha Weapons Latex doll

Post by von_Shredhead »

( ... more )
Letha Repair (11).JPG
Letha Repair (11).JPG (356.16 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Test fitting trimmed vag/ass patch.
Letha Repair (12).JPG
Letha Repair (12).JPG (354.95 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Test fitting trimmed vag/ass patch. Everything looks good so far.
Letha Repair (13).JPG
Letha Repair (13).JPG (501.93 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Wash latex skin and vag/ass tube patch in hot water and detergent. This cleans and removes any and all oils left on the latex skin inside and out.

Rinse well with warm water, remove/drain all water from inside the skin and hang up to dry.
Letha Repair (14).JPG
Letha Repair (14).JPG (372.06 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Test fitting and getting everything ready for assembly/gluing. Vag/ass tube patch inserted into skin. 5 gallon buckets turned upside down used as a workbench for supporting the skin and allowing patch tubes to hang down inside the skin.
Letha Repair (15).JPG
Letha Repair (15).JPG (335.82 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Making sure wet sanded area extends past edges of repair patch. Everything looks good to go!
Letha Repair (16).JPG
Letha Repair (16).JPG (181.74 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Revised bucket "workbench". Added soft folded hospital towels to top of buckets to prevent any possible scratching/cutting/tearing of the latex while repairing. Iron weights stabilize the skin and hold it in place. Main "pull" of the skin for this stage of repairs is fairly tight ... need to pull the strap of latex between the tubes tight and straight as possible.
Letha Repair (17).JPG
Letha Repair (17).JPG (124.67 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
First area of patch glued in place. FYI : There was a small crack/mark in the original mold that made the skin and the patch had the same mark. Used these marks to line up the patch as best as possible.
Letha Repair (18).JPG
Letha Repair (18).JPG (436 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
After adhesive dried/set, pulled up the sides of the patch flange and clipped together. Now the center "strap" area between the vag and ass tubes is ready for gluing.
Letha Repair (19).JPG
Letha Repair (19).JPG (122.54 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Gently pull up the clipped patch and carefully work some adhesive between the patch and the skin. Let adhesive dry/set for an hour or so.
Letha Repair (20).JPG
Letha Repair (20).JPG (331.37 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
Now that the "strap" and front edge of the vag/ass tube patch have been anchored, now we can start gluing up the rest. At this stage we only want to glue the very edge of the front (vag) tube opening, leaving the edges of the patch unglued.

( more to come ... )

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

( ... more )
Letha Repair (21).JPG
Letha Repair (21).JPG (245.45 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
At this point, I've glued up the edges of the front (vag) tube and across the center "strap". Now to glue up the ass tube.
Letha Repair (22).JPG
Letha Repair (22).JPG (316.58 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Finished gluing up edges of ass tube. Let adhesive dry/set for an hour or so.
Letha Repair (23).JPG
Letha Repair (23).JPG (328.33 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Inflate skin and check for serious leakage. If all passes "inspection" we're ready to start gluing the patch edges.
Letha Repair (24).JPG
Letha Repair (24).JPG (309.34 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Inflate skin, pull edges of patch back and start gluing from the inner to the outer edges. Proceed in small steps ... do a small area no bigger than a drop or two of adhesive will cover. Work the adhesive from the inner edge outward, wiping any excess that squeezes out.
Letha Repair (25).JPG
Letha Repair (25).JPG (216.19 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Working on the doll skin boob side up, was able to glue up this area with no problems. Flipped doll skin over to finish the rest.
Letha Repair (26).JPG
Letha Repair (26).JPG (317.29 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Patch fully glued in place. YAY!!!
Letha Repair (27).JPG
Letha Repair (27).JPG (394.73 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Let repairs dry/set/cure overnight.
Letha Repair (28).JPG
Letha Repair (28).JPG (328.05 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Next day ... leak testing. Inflated doll skin tight and sprayed soapy water around patch to check for any leaks. None found around the patch/repair. AWESOME!!!
Letha Repair (29).JPG
Letha Repair (29).JPG (256.35 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Checked the rest of the doll skin for any leaks. Old patch from many many years ago leaks. Noted.
Letha Repair (30).JPG
Letha Repair (30).JPG (253.7 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
As does another old patch. Noted.

( more to come ... )

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

( ... more )
Letha Repair (31).JPG
Letha Repair (31).JPG (349.67 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Upped the inflation pressure and rechecked patch for any leaks. NONE!!! YAY!!!
Letha Repair (32).JPG
Letha Repair (32).JPG (277.86 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Two old patches on the front of the doll skin leaking. Noted.
Letha Repair (33).JPG
Letha Repair (33).JPG (344.57 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Eek!!
Letha Repair (34).JPG
Letha Repair (34).JPG (344.9 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Tiny bit of leakage from this little old patch.
Letha Repair (35).JPG
Letha Repair (35).JPG (344.42 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Removed super glued patches with acetone, wet sanded the area around the leaks and patched properly with liquid latex. Leak test 2 ... NO LEAKS from the repaired patches. YAY!!!
Letha Repair (36).JPG
Letha Repair (36).JPG (435.58 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Last but not least, the dreaded mouth leaks that plague pretty much ALL Letha Weapons/Latex Lady dolls produced.
Letha Repair (37).JPG
Letha Repair (37).JPG (413.67 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Upped the inflation pressure and rechecked vag/ass patch for leaks ... can't be too cautious/concerned. NONE FOUND!!! YAY!!!
Letha Repair (38).JPG
Letha Repair (38).JPG (395.86 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
No leaks on the backside either! YAY!!!
Letha Repair (39).JPG
Letha Repair (39).JPG (447.72 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Mmmmmmm ... nice wet slippery doll. Looking good so far!
Letha Repair (40).JPG
Letha Repair (40).JPG (235.1 KiB) Viewed 11324 times
Had a small setback with the first liquid latex patch. It stretched and failed. Replaced with actual latex skin and re-glued. Now NO LEAKS from the backside!

( more to come ... )

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

( ... more )
Letha Repair (41).JPG
Letha Repair (41).JPG (359.13 KiB) Viewed 11321 times
Leak check on neck seam and inflation plug. None! YAY!!!
Letha Repair (42).JPG
Letha Repair (42).JPG (355.11 KiB) Viewed 11321 times
Now to fix those dastardly mouth leaks. These dolls pretty much came with these small perforations in the mouth "tube" from the factory. Flipped the mouth tube inside out, wet sanded the entire tube and wiped with acetone. Using the "Tear Mender" product, squeeze out a thin layer of adhesive and work it into all the holes/perforations. Let dry.
Letha Repair (43).JPG
Letha Repair (43).JPG (255.1 KiB) Viewed 11321 times
Mouth tube being checked for leaks after being "skinned" with "Tear Mender" Two TINY leaks remained. Noted and fixed.
Letha Repair (44).JPG
Letha Repair (44).JPG (423.3 KiB) Viewed 11321 times
Higher pressure leak testing. All leaks in mouth and the entire body skin have been successfully located and repaired! Let everything dry/set/cure overnight and ...
Letha Repair (45).JPG
Letha Repair (45).JPG (441.92 KiB) Viewed 11321 times
Over-inflated and holding! Front view.
Letha Repair (46).JPG
Letha Repair (46).JPG (440.17 KiB) Viewed 11321 times
Rear view
Letha Repair (47).JPG
Letha Repair (47).JPG (457.08 KiB) Viewed 11321 times
Side view

I'm not sure how old this doll is. It was either purchased in 1988 before I met my wife or after we got married when we purchased 3 latex dolls (1996 : another Letha Weapons and two Latex Ladies). This doll has the thickest latex skin of all the latex dolls we had and is the only one that survived our "abuse". I am absolutely happy to have this doll back in usable condition. She brings back some wonderful memories of my wife and the fun times we had together with these latex wonders. (RIP Dear!)

I hope this repair tutorial can help out anyone needing some tips on bringing back their defunct latex doll back to life.

I'd like to give a shout out to TDF member Solitaryman for making the replacement vag/ass tubes for me and giving me some great repair tips and to TDF member fabin for some great latex preparation tips and patch trimming suggestions. THANKS you guys!!

Cheers!
Von

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Incredible. She is a real charmer and you did a great job on her doctor von.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

AWESOME repair tuto Von!!!
For the age this inflatable doll survived she's in damn good condition and surely brings back great moments of fun. That's a well succeeded reborn :thumbs_up:
I'm really wondered that the main latex texture is still intact after nearly 3 decades.

- SF -

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

samara78 wrote:Incredible. She is a real charmer and you did a great job on her doctor von.
Thanks Samara!
Letha Weapons was my first "real/functional" sex doll. I'm not entirely sure if this exact one was my very first doll from 1988 or was the second doll from 1996. I feel pretty confident it IS from 1988 as it has no markings on the skin from the strap-on mods done for my wife's use. Regardless, she's the oldest doll in my collection.
:glou:
Cheers!
Von

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

siliconefun wrote:AWESOME repair tuto Von!!!
For the age this inflatable doll survived she's in damn good condition and surely brings back great moments of fun. That's a well succeeded reborn :thumbs_up:
I'm really wondered that the main latex texture is still intact after nearly 3 decades.

- SF -
Thanks SF!
She sat in a box, waiting to be repaired, from early 2005 till a few weeks ago. Thanks to a few members on TDF (Solitaryman, fabin and briviant) I was able to obtain the replacement tubes and the knowledge to finally repair this wonderful old-timer's doll. I wish this doll was still being made ... I am sure I'm not alone with this wish either. :lol: Love the latex bounce .. YEEHAW!!!
:glou:
Cheers!
Von

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Really AMAZING!

Thanks so much for giving people the encouragement and detail to preserve these rarities.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

Is it possible to have that replacement on Poupee?Domax?
I have 2 with broken :cry: vagina.
how much cost replacement?
sorry bad english

briviant

Post by briviant »

Salut von_Shredhead,
Très bon tutoriel de réparation du vagin et anus. Très bien expliqué avec beaucoup de photos en accompagnement des commentaires.
Effectivement, cette poupée est très ancienne. Cette remise en état permet de la rendre complètement fonctionnelle. La qualité de cette poupée gonflable vaut vraiment la peine de la restaurer.
La mienne je l’ai acheté en 2002, elle a donc maintenant 14 ans. Elle devait être stocké dans le magasin depuis quelques années car le vendeur m’avais fait une réduction. Je pense que ce tutoriel me sera utile un jour.
Merci von_Shredhead

Hi von_Shredhead,
Very good tutorial repair the vagina and anus. Explained very well with lots of photos with this comment.
Indeed, this doll is very old. This allows rehabilitation to make it fully functional. The quality of this doll is really worth to restore it.
Mine I bought in 2002, has now 14 years old. She had to be stored in the store for a few years because the seller had done me a discount. I think this tutorial will be useful one day.
von_Shredhead thank you

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Great work Von Shredhead!
<em>I know the good artist</em>

briviant

Post by briviant »

Salut von_Shredhead,
Je souhaiterais avoir des informations complémentaires.
- Le vagin d'origine a bien été supprimés et non laissés en place ?
- Le vagin peu t'il être sortie pour nettoyage étant donné que les 2 tubes ne sont pas collés entre eux ?

Hi von_Shredhead,
I wish I had more information.
- The original vagina has been removed and not left in place?
- The vagina little it you be out for cleaning since the two tubes are not glued together?

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Wow - totally awesome - von_Shredhead - :thumbs_up:

Saving these classics from the past is great and the attention to detail and care taken by you is just awesome - I am totally taken in by this repair

These dolls are so wonderful - it's such a shame they are no longer available and that no one is trying to make anything in the shape of form of these

Having had both air doll types in the past - I know the reason and passion for such a repair job - totally worth it - :angel:

Doing the other repairs is also just as important - and thanks for all the pictures

Happy Trails - long live Letha Weapons Dolly -

INFORMATIONS