www.funwestdoll.com

question regarding latex doll from a mannequin

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
LordLongshaft
Active Poster
Active Poster

question regarding latex doll from a mannequin

Post by LordLongshaft »

I'm about to start on a project to make a doll by brushing latex onto a mannequin. I've re-read many posts in the archive from those who have done the same and have made a lot of informed purchases thanks to this shared knowledge!
The only thing holding me up is what to use to cover up the segment joints of the mannequin. I'm hoping there's some kind of clay I can smooth into the cracks, that latex will cure on top of, which I can remove from the mannequin once the job is done. If no such product exists, I'm ok with a permanent covering as smoothness of the resulting latex skin is the main objective, so any advice is welcome.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: question regarding latex doll from a mannequin

Post by samara78 »

Do you plan on using the mannequin for anything else when you finish? If not you can seal her joints off with something that hardens up. It will take many layers to get the effect you want.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

LordLongshaft wrote:I'm about to start on a project to make a doll by brushing latex onto a mannequin. I've re-read many posts in the archive from those who have done the same and have made a lot of informed purchases thanks to this shared knowledge!
Never knew anyone has ever made such a doll. Best of luck on your project.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

He can totally apply the latex via a paint sprayer
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

LordLongshaft
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LordLongshaft »

Thanks for the replies! This method has been used in the past by the poster foreverdolls, I don't think he's on here anymore but search his posts for impressive displays of expertise, also I believe solitaryman has done it. I'm not much of an expert but finally have the time, money, and space to give it a crack! Spraying is not for me as the equipment would be too noisy for where I live and the times I can work.
Currently I have a poupee latex doll inflated with a second latex body outside, and silicone boobs and butt enhancers between the two layers. It's great, but she loses air, and my first task will be brushing reinforcing layers of latex onto her to practice my technique before I move onto the mannequin.
I'm planning to do a thicker inner doll, and to make demolding easier do the arms separately, then make a second copy with the arms back on for the outer skin. Then I will stuff her with horribly expensive pure Hungarian down (tiny feathers). I live in a cold climate, and believe a warm doll would be worth it.
Having a removable sealant for the mannequin would allow me to try again when I screw up at some stage, as well as maybe make more than the one doll. I would use silicone sealant, which I think I could peel off the plastic mannequin, however I don't think the latex would adhere or cure on top of it, so there you have my problem.
I have 25 litres of latex plus a couple of litres of colored latex, the old posts suggested 6 litres for a single layer doll and about a month of daily brushing. Unfortunately I am very lazy so this could take months for me!

solitaryman1424

Post by solitaryman1424 »

The sprayer I used was a hvlp and worked great, just don't overload manniquine with latex or it will run, lite coats at a time to get a good finish. So far I have made at least 6 latex dolls this way. 1 letha, 1 latex lover, 3 minilovedolls [from a silicone doll and 1 from a manniquine].

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Careful having silicone and latex around with each other. They inhibit each others cure time.

solitaryman1424

Post by solitaryman1424 »

Pissed off at man. of tpe and resellers of tpe dolls, tpe is not compitable with silicone, silicone is silicone and tpe is just tpe. When are those jackasses goning to get their shit straight. Their is no such thing as medial grade silicone tpe, tpe will ruin silicone if left with silicone and you cannot mix the two, you will end up with a googie mess, I made a silicone mold and poured tpe into the mold and the tpe weakened the silicone too the point the mold is useless for anything. And as for latex and silicone, latex will, will not inhabit silicone, nor will silicone inhibit latex cure time, but tpe will make a mess of both, I have used silicone on latex ruff spots and it DID NOT RETARD CURE TIME or hurt the latex. Tpe will turn black if it wet inside of doll and CANNOT,CANNOT be used for medical uses of any type, silicone yes, tpe no.

LordLongshaft
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LordLongshaft »

Have started brushing latex on the mannequin, she's had about four coats so far. Rest assured no TPE will ever be used in this project, maybe silicone for the head and as a sealant for the cracks on the second layer doll. For this attempt, the answer to my problem has proved to be simple and cheap: sellotape!

INFORMATIONS